• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The judge could certainly hamper Trump's ability to campaign if he restricts him from leaving NY and places a gag order on him which has been talked about as well. So yeah it would defiantly affect an election in that regard.

For those reasons I think the judge would be reluctant to take those measures.

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The judge could certainly hamper Trump's ability to campaign if he restricts him from leaving NY and places a gag order on him which has been talked about as well. So yeah it would defiantly affect an election in that regard.

For those reasons I think the judge would be reluctant to take those measures.
    Yes, the judge would definitely be defiantly affecting the election.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Maybe.
    Could be someone might then step in and finally call it election interference.
    So all a criminal has to do to avoid prosecution is run for office? What if an actual crime has been committed?
    Pretend that this is Clinton, Pelosi, etc. being investigated, if it helps.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So all a criminal has to do to avoid prosecution is run for office? What if an actual crime has been committed?
    Well, If the Feds passed up charging Clinton with a federal crime, and a State prosecutor decided to go after Clinton... not right away... but YEARS after the 'crime', and coincidental when they would start their campaign, pretty sure there would be screaming from the left.

This accused crime didn't happen just yesterday.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Well, If the Feds passed up charging Clinton with a federal crime, and a State prosecutor decided to go after Clinton... not right away... but YEARS after the 'crime', and coincidental when they would start their campaign, pretty sure there would be screaming from the left.

This accused crime didn't happen just yesterday.
    I don't disagree, but has anyone seen the actual indictment yet? Talking about the Stormy thing, I'd like to know exactly what the charges are, when the crime was discovered, and what the statute of limitation is for the offense or offenses. What is the exact timeline?

As far as the other investigation (documents), the timeline seems more reasonable.

Was it election interference when Comey announced that Hillary was under investigation right before the 2016 election?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well today's the day. Let's see what counts are finally revealed so we can discuss them without having to speculate about what they are.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is there a reason to suspect that Clinton, Pelosi, etc., would be flight risk? Usually such a prohibition on interstate travel deals with bond. If they think the person is a flight risk, the bond agreement would be limit travel.

New York ended cash bail for most non-violent crimes. But even if they did make Trump pay bail, he probably paying cash and won't need bond to pay it. If the judge were to order Trump to stay in NY, it should be seen by everyone as a partisan trick that prevents Trump from campaigning. No one seriously believes he's a flight risk. Especially since he's traveling from another state to NY to be arrested and arraigned, voluntarily.

In the same circumstances, it would be so with Clinton or Pelosi. I don't see any valid reason to make them stay in the state.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The case would have to be made that Trump is a flight risk. I don't see any such case that can legitimately be made. It would not make sense for Trump to choose to do so and it will never happen.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Wondering if there will be an investigation into possible grand jury indictment leaks. Reportedly there being 33- 34 counts. If there is indeed that many counts it would prove the information was leaked. Where did that information come from? I believe it's a felony to leak such information. The main suspect for such a leak is that it had to have come from DA Bragg's office.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's how it is working for Biden, and even for his son who has committed multiple crimes for which there is no shortage of evidence

It isn't just a man who is running for office, it is a former president - which sets a new low for a precedent and the prosecution is for a 'crime' that happened prior to the man's election the first time but was not prosecuted although the facts of the matter were apparent

Everyone knows this is bull**** and no one is buying getting the vapors in this case about 'no one is above the law' when so many other criminals roam free. Hillary Clinton is receiving some kind of award in NYC a few hours after Trump is to be arraigned. It wouldn't surprise me if the arraignment was delayed just so that juxtaposition could be set up. It is true banana republic theatre and no one is buying what you're trying to sell

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The case would have to be made that Trump is a flight risk. I don't see any such case that can legitimately be made. It would not make sense for Trump to choose to do so and it will never happen.
    Especially since Trump is traveling to NY from Florida, by choice. If he were going to flee, it would be instead of turning himself in.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    We weren't libertarians back then, we were just (mostly) polite people that didn't have to personally insult one another to feel like we were winning an argument.

We didn't need to win. It was a discussion, not just a p*ssing contest.

Fkn daytime TV and culture these days says "those that yell loudest win" despite facts or actual thought. I'm so tired of that sh*t. People that have no facts and yell loudest win. People that think they're rights are being oppressed and yell loudest win.

Stop it. No one is winning and America is suffering.

What is good for the people of one state is NOT good for the people of another. If NY wants to ban guns in a voter referendum, ok. If Texas wants to ban abortion in a voter referendum, ok. Those votes don't matter what happens to the people of Indiana. That's they're battle to fight. We should have absolutely NO say in their state issues. We're not part of that state. It is NOT our problem.

We should focus on issues in Indiana. We all know the Federal government doesn't represent the whole of the country. Within this state, there are issue that we all agree and disagree on. So let's not focus on what's going on in NY state legislature, or CA state legislature.

Pretty sure most of the posting in the politics forum is just from people that want to bitch about the rest of the country. Interesting how you call yourself patriots while crapping on the rest of the US states. Maybe you should just be hoosiers at this point and leave everyone else alone.

The rest of the country is not your problem at this point. We all know the fracture is coming. Figure your sh*t out at home before complaining about everyone else. And we have a LONG way to go in Indiana.
    problem is we've been harassed, ridiculed and shouted down for 12 years because of our political beliefs. I know that I am over it. **** you (royal you, not you personally) if you want to ridicule me because I have a different opinion than you. **** you for threatening my livelihood and freedom because you don't think I'm human. **** all those people that have shouted louder and louder and louder that anyone but a leftist is a subhuman, uneducated piece of **** that shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets. **** them all the way to hell.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Especially since Trump is traveling to NY from Florida, by choice. If he were going to flee, it would be instead of turning himself in.
    What the hell is he gonna do? Him and the secret service are going to flee?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think the whole notion of Trump fleeing is a flipping joke. He’s never fled from anything. It’s not his style. He’ll take this head on like a boss just like he has every other bull**** political attempt to get him.

Top Bottom