• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Funny thing is, BOTH SIDES have question election integrity.
    So, does EITHER SIDE do anything about it?
    Distrust of the integrity of our elections were the diving factor that came to a head on Jan. 6. People just got fed up with all of the shady bull**** going on with the election process in this election and they were seeking redress and it got out of hand.

Everyone should be in favor of taking steps to ensure the integrity of our election process BEFORE it comes to a head like it did.

Last edited:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Distrust of the integrity of our elections were the diving factor that came to a head on Jan. 6. People just got fed up with all of the shady bull**** going on with the election process in this election and they were seeking redress and it got out of hand.

Everyone should be in favor of taking steps to ensure the integrity of our election process BEFORE it comes to a head like it did.
    Does the fact that both sides question the integrity of elections indicate that it's by design. Who would benefit by the populace losing faith in the electoral process?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Does the fact that both sides question the integrity of elections indicate that it's by design. Who would benefit by the populace losing faith in the electoral process?
    Losing faith in the election process is a byproduct of not addressing the integrity in which case no one benefits, and we have an uncivil breakdown. That's why I'm saying that ALL parties should have an interest to avoid it. Until that happens, I'm afraid that we will have more of the same.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Losing faith in the election process is a byproduct of not addressing the integrity in which case no one benefits, and we have an uncivil breakdown. That's why I'm saying that ALL parties should have an interest to avoid it.
    Agreed. I guess what I was attempting to say is that "someone" seems to be pushing us toward the uncivil breakdown part. It seems to be the goal rather than a byproduct.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Agreed. I guess what I was attempting to say is that "someone" seems to be pushing us toward the uncivil breakdown part. It seems to be the goal rather than a byproduct.
    i would agree with that as well. Some entitles have an interest in sparking incivility in order to demonize the other side and then they say that the opposition are domestic terrorists, and we must take action to suppress them like the Democrats have.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Anyone that balks about taking any steps to ensure the integrity of our elections automatically garners a raised eyebrow of suspicion from me.
    Tulsi Gabbard's 2020 primary platform advocated for H.R.1, the federalization of elections and only mentioned switching to paper ballots - no voter ID, no end to mail in voting (which, ironically, involves paper ballots) no limitations on private dark money donations to influence election officials etc

She also was for:
    Abolishing capitol punishment
    Ending cash bail
    Eliminating mandatory sentencing
    A $15/hr federal minimum wage
    Broad paid family and medical leave up to 12 weeks
    Studying reparations
    Free college and expanded student debt relief
    An assault weapons ban
    Universal background checks
    Few limits if any on abortion
    Medicare for all
    Citizenship for 'dreamers' and executive action to help them legalize in the interim
    and closing down existing nuclear power plants

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Tulsi Gabbard's 2020 primary platform advocated for H.R.1, the federalization of elections and only mentioned switching to paper ballots - no voter ID, no end to mail in voting (which, ironically, involves paper ballots) no limitations on private dark money donations to influence election officials etc

She also was for:
    Ending cash bail
    Studying reparations
    An assault weapons ban
    Medicare for all
    Citizenship for 'dreamers' and executive action to help them legalize in the interim

But....but...but she looks good.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

She also was for:
    Ending cash bail
    Studying reparations
    An assault weapons ban
    Medicare for all

Maybe you missed the part in the other thread where I said that I don't agree with TG on a lot of her past issues, and I would not vote for her because of it. You act as if I said I would vote for her. I'm only in favor of her current campaign to take on the Democrats. That's as far as I'm willing to go with it no matter what she looks like.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And that was 2020. I would ask what she thinks of that now.
    Yeah I don't think she's taken to the national spotlight currently advocating for or stumping for any Democrat running against Republicans on those kinds of issues. As a matter of fact, she has been on the campaign trail in support of GOP candidates recently and Bug gave her credit for that in another thread. IDK if he actually believes that I support all of her past issues he brought up, but I've already went on record and said that I don't and never will.

I'm more interested in what she is doing right now by taking the crazy destructive Democrat party to task.

If she ever went back to advocating for all of those things, then she's lost any support for her current efforts.

With that being said I'm done with the TG thread jack here. I know what Bug was trying to do and that was to get me to pick up on a TG roundy round tussle here from another thread. Maybe he's just bored because his old nemesis jamil hasn't been on a lot recently and he can't pick a fight with him so he's looking for another target.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Who knows what she thinks. In 2020 she was running for the Democrat nominee for President, so she had all of the big D talking points.

Now she isn't, so maybe over time we will see what her new take is on everything. Personally, I don't care. She won't be in any race I can vote for anytime soon.

If she can convince D voters in places to not vote D though, that is a good thing.

Top Bottom