code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, but let's hope Pepsi is.

:puke:

On a serious note, I think Biden did ask that Diet Coke be at the ready for him to, but I guess he's opting for a phone call or finger snaps instead of a button.
    Pepsi is the commie soy beta drink of choice.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Do you not see parallels between Atlus Shrugged and where we're headed now, as a country?

Atlas Shrugged. Among the most boring books ever written, by one of the most bat **** crazy authors who ever penned a novel.

But yes. There are certainly some parallels to now.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Atlas Shrugged. Among the most boring books ever written, by one of the most bat **** crazy authors who ever penned a novel.

Seriously one of the most overrated books out there. I have a suspicion that many obsessed with Rand and that book never actually... read it.

Last edited:

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh

Wait until Brain-Damaged Biden puts Kamala Kneepads at the head of a new cabinet-level “Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources”.

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

I don't know how you do it, but I believe it worth noting. There are times when you're totally full of yourself, and completely full of ****, at the very same time. It really is quite an accomplishment.

Last edited:

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Seriously one of the most overrated books out there. I have a suspicion that many obsessed with Rand and that book never actually... read it.

It reads better if you skip all of the John Galt speeches. And Hank Rearden is the real hero of the piece.

Anyone ever read Terry Goodkind? It’s very much a libertarian sword and sorcery series.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't know how you do it, but I believe it worth noting. There are times when you're totally full of yourself, and completely full of ****, at the very same time. It really is quite an accomplishment.

So an Ayn Rand fan?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    So an Ayn Rand fan?

Actually an Atlas Shrugged and Fountainhead fan. Read them each a couple or three times. Of course it's a romantic view of what's to come, what with the heroes and villains and such. Started reading them as a young man, and they helped shape my view of what capitalism and governance should (and should not) be.

What really fascinates me was her apparent ability to foretell the future, based on the parallels to our modern world.

I've never read her scholarly works. I started to, but just lost interest. And no, I didn't watch the movie versions - I bought them to watch, but turned it off after 10 minutes of the first one. Major fail on production values and casting.

p.s. I was mostly kidding about you being full of ****. But it's a distinct possibility. :cool:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Actually an Atlas Shrugged and Fountainhead fan. Read them each a couple or three times. Of course it's a romantic view of what's to come, what with the heroes and villains and such. Started reading them as a young man, and they helped shape my view of what capitalism and governance should (and should not) be.

What really fascinates me was her apparent ability to foretell the future, based on the parallels to our modern world.

I've never read her scholarly works. I started to, but just lost interest. And no, I didn't watch the movie versions - I bought them to watch, but turned it off after 10 minutes of the first one. Major fail on production values and casting.

p.s. I was mostly kidding about you being full of ****. But it's a distinct possibility. :cool:

I read it just a few years ago back when INGO had a lot more libertarians here. I thought there was way too much monologuing, and drivel. I remember it being a chore.

Seems like everyone I know who has given it a great review read it when they were younger. So maybe something that appeals to a younger audience. I don't know. But it has way more stars on Amazon than I think it deserves. I still have it on Kindle. Maybe I'll give it another read.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Will probably be replaced with an ethnic transgender person before the year is over.

I wish this comment was funny and purple, but I'm actually serious.
    Well... I was half right.

zgZMTKV.png

Top Bottom