• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Seems to me lots of people ignored Trump's policies and the benefit they provided to the economy/country and instead chose to focus on him being yucky.
    So the economy is a tricky question under Trump.

We lost the trade war with China long before the election. The pandemic was a hit to the economy independent of Trump.

Part of the political calculus is how things are perceived, which is reflected in this popularity topic. Clinton got elected with the absurdly simple question, "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" GHWB bore little to no responsibility for any hardships people had, but Clinton sold people on the idea that it didn't matter. (And alot of gun owners stayed home that first cycle.)

Let's even set aside whether Trump's policies were "good" or "bad." People voting did not perceive themselves to be better off.

Biden is "ANYTHING" but a nice guy. He is a back door shove it up your back side snake politician. You sully Carter. Sadly Biden cant measure up to Jimmy on any level. You surprise me.
    Hey now, I admire Carter as a person. I wasn't old enough to vote for him in '76 (not even particularly close), but I do remember that election. I also read several biographies of him and watched him as former POTUS. We filter Carter's qualities through the prism of what we've seen in him for the 40 years after his 4 year term. (By the way, how crazy is it that his term ended 40 years ago!)

Now, very few of us could measure up to the kind of PERSON Carter is/was, and Biden is unlikely to do that. But, his role... his characteristics (though perhaps not character)... are an echo of Carter's at that time. That's my point.

Carter botched the hostage rescue, exacerbated an energy crisis, watched passively as the Sovs invaded Afghanistan (which, in retrospect, might've been brilliant) and was implicated in banking corruption. His Camp David accords may or may not have been a good idea. He wasn't a very good POTUS.

But he seemed safe at the time.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    WTF? So 10's of millions from China, Ukraine, Russia to the Biden family.
    Sniffing and groping little girls.
    Sexually assaulting a staff worker
    A son who is a pedophile
    Selling out US interests
    40 years of being a political dumbass
    ETC... Is a reason to bail on Trump?
    To be fair, you're selling Biden short. He also;
    - authored the 1994 Crime Bill
    - eulogized the Cyclops of the KKK
    - opposed desegregation of schools
    - was called racist by his now-VP
    - took part in the 'high-tech lynching" of Justice Thomas
    - threatened physical violence against President Trump
    - threatened physical violence against potential voters
    - has a history of racist comments (Obama as "clean" and "articulate", "Poor kids are just as smart as white kids", that minorities can't figure out how to get online to register for a vaccine)
    - has a history of lying and plagiarism
    - suggested the Logan Act against Gen. Flynn
    - to this day lies about the truck driver who was involved in the accident that killed his first wife, as being an alcoholic

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

We lost the trade war with China long before the election. The pandemic was a hit to the economy independent of Trump.

Part of the political calculus is how things are perceived, which is reflected in this popularity topic. Clinton got elected with the absurdly simple question, "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" GHWB bore little to no responsibility for any hardships people had, but Clinton sold people on the idea that it didn't matter. (And alot of gun owners stayed home that first cycle.)

Let's even set aside whether Trump's policies were "good" or "bad." People voting did not perceive themselves to be better off.
    You are correct, it was about perception. The MSM and Democrats never missed an opportunity to bitch, whine, complain or make **** up to ensure the average American was too busy focusing on Trump being "icky".

The economy was improving under Trump right up until we needed to shut the entire universe down for a virus with a .02% chance of killing the small percentage of Americans at high risk.

Our society has now deemed it ok to dismantle everything that made this country successful so long as it makes society "feel" good. The price for that mistake is going to be very costly and painful for a lot of people. Fortunately we've been dumbed down to a point where starving to death is cool as long as we can "feel" like we've made good decisions, at least for a significant proportion of the voting public.

It isn't raining, that moisture soaking us is a bit too warm and yellow for that.

AIRDOO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    - has a history of racist comments (Obama as "clean" and "articulate", "Poor kids are just as smart as white kids", that minorities can't figure out how to get online to register for a vaccine)
    - to this day lies about the truck driver who was involved in the accident that killed his first wife, as being an alcoholic
    Well done Oak, there is more but this is enough.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    - to this day lies about the truck driver who was involved in the accident that killed his first wife, as being an alcoholic.
    Yeah but, I mean, come on man, he doesn't even know how to Twitter.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Hey now, I admire Carter as a person. I wasn't old enough to vote for him in '76 (not even particularly close), but I do remember that election. I also read several biographies of him and watched him as former POTUS. We filter Carter's qualities through the prism of what we've seen in him for the 40 years after his 4 year term. (By the way, how crazy is it that his term ended 40 years ago!)

Now, very few of us could measure up to the kind of PERSON Carter is/was, and Biden is unlikely to do that. But, his role... his characteristics (though perhaps not character)... are an echo of Carter's at that time. That's my point.

Carter botched the hostage rescue, exacerbated an energy crisis, watched passively as the Sovs invaded Afghanistan (which, in retrospect, might've been brilliant) and was implicated in banking corruption. His Camp David accords may or may not have been a good idea. He wasn't a very good POTUS.

But he seemed safe at the time.
    I will never say he was a good POTUS. In fact se was terrible at that job. I was 26 and yes I remember all of that.
    My remarks are as to him as a person not a politician. Biden is not a good person on any level. He is a snake.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I think his tongue got tied and he made a sound approaching the word people are claiming to hear. From the co text of his speech it doesn’t even make sense to say that word. So unless he has Tourette’s, this is pretty much nonsense. If his opponents have to scrape that far down the barrel, it’s going to be a LONG 4 years for ya’ll.
    As I was listening to this, and telling the wife about it, I told her "We (Conservatives) need to stop with this kind of crap, the only way he actually said that was if he has Tourette's). Now, I see your post, and realize I agree with Kut....I feel so dirty....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just for the sake of educating me, could you please provide a short list ( say, under 10 ) how Trump left the country in worse shape. Economy, race relations ( if there is such a thing ), 401k balances, or ?

Maybe I can prime the pump for you - withdrew the US from the Paris Climate Accord. Would that be one ?

Please show me where and how we are in worse shape because Trump demanded accountability from people in power. That was his demise. I am just not seeing it.

As to the last.......:patriot:
    Well obviously, this comparison is from Obama's last day in office to Trump's last, so here's a few:
    Obama obviously had the better unemployment rate when he left office
    Obama's economy was still growing at the time Trump took office
    Obama had a lower trade gap, than Trump (despite his tarrifs, when he left office
    Your 2A rights expanded under Obama, and shrunk under Trump (that one probably stings)

-

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    WTF? So 10's of millions from China, Ukraine, Russia to the Biden family.
    Sniffing and groping little girls.
    Sexually assaulting a staff worker
    A son who is a pedophile
    Selling out US interests
    40 years of being a political dumbass
    ETC... Is a reason to bail on Trump?
    You're clear that none of the examples you have provided qualifies as fact.
    Here, let's talk about Trump in a similar fashion
    -Sexually assaulted a woman on an airplane
    -Paid other students do his college schoolwork for him
    -Said he did want Black people counting his money
    -Colluded with Russians to help him win the election
    -Sexualizes his own daughter

...so yeah, these are reasons to bail on Trump...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Let's do Biden

-Sexually assaulted women and children on video on numerous occasions
    -Sexually assaulted Tara Reade but was given a pass by the media
    -Was kicked out of an election for plagiarizing
    -Said he didn't want his kids raised in a racial jungle
    -Said if you don't vote for him "you ain't black"
    -Sold his time and influence to foreign countries based on the highest bidder through his son
    -Engaged in a quid pro quo to get the prosecutor fired who was going to expose the Bidens and others in the Ukraine, again on video, and no one said a ****ing thing.
    -Colluded with the media and big tech to deprive Americans of the truth and organized the largest voter fraud organization in the history of mankind.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/07/23/joe_bidens_plagiarism_problem_143788.html#!

Trump colluded with Russia to win the election? Give me a ****ing break. Just because something is repeated 10,000 times doesn't make it true. A hoax is a hoax is a hoax, like Trump colluding or Biden winning the election.

Last edited:

AIRDOO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    You're clear that none of the examples you have provided qualifies as fact.
    Here, let's talk about Trump in a similar fashion
    -Sexually assaulted a woman on an airplane
    -Paid other students do his college schoolwork for him
    -Said he did want Black people counting his money
    -Colluded with Russians to help him win the election
    -Sexualizes his own daughter

...so yeah, these are reasons to bail on Trump...
    I will no longer respond to any of your posts as your MSMtardation level is too high.
    Glad most of my boards don't include your ilk.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I will no longer respond to any of your posts as your MSMtardation level is too high.
    Glad most of my boards don't include your ilk.
    Someone calls you out and now you want to stop?

(PS - you'll last longer here if you cut out the personal attacks.)

We had 4 years of it. It's the new normal. Enjoy.
    Yeah, it's all the same. the teams swap sides, but ultimately they both play by the same rules.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Let's do Biden

-Sexually assaulted women and children on video on numerous occasions
    -Sexually assaulted Tara Reade but was given a pass by the media
    -Was kicked out of an election for plagiarizing
    -Said he didn't want his kids raised in a racial jungle
    -Said if you don't vote for him "you ain't black"
    -Sold his time and influence to foreign countries based on the highest bidder through his son
    -Engaged in a quid pro quo to get the prosecutor fired who was going to expose the Bidens and others in the Ukraine, again on video, and no one said a ****ing thing.
    -Colluded with the media and big tech to deprive Americans of the truth and organized the largest voter fraud organization in the history of mankind.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/07/23/joe_bidens_plagiarism_problem_143788.html#!

Trump colluded with Russia to win the election? Give me a ****ing break. Just because something is repeated 10,000 times doesn't make it true. A hoax is a hoax is a hoax, like Trump colluding or Biden winning the election.
    I don't think you got the point of my response post. I though I was clear that my examples don't qualify as "fact." As in, they have not been proven.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah, it's all the same. the teams swap sides, but ultimately they both play by the same rules.

I know it's cool to ride the fence but the level of rhetoric of "orange man bad" was dialed up to 11 the last 4 years.
    It's not comparable to what was going on with oblama during his run. Not in the least.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom