• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    No, the Democrats are more like the Patriots or the Yankees - they expect their opponents to play by the rules but themselves, not so much
    Sounds like a moral judgment.
    Especially since they play the same rules

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ya know, I honestly don't ever remember doing that, but I'll stop short of saying I didn't do it. But as a general rule, I only oppose EOs if I believe that they circumvent authority that's supposed to be placed in different hands. So, I have no issues with any EOs that Biden had submitted, unless they are beyond his authority. Maybe you have an example that you might provide. I will call it out if it is.
    Executive Order 13988 of January 20, 2021
    Preventing and Combating Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation

That is 'circumventing the authority' of the legislative branch

AIRDOO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    When he was not bending over...

obama_1523079c.jpg

Obama-Bows-Saudi-King.jpg
    Bending over was/is Obama's favorite position ;)

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Sounds like a moral judgment.
    Especially since they play the same rules
    Don't the 'same rules' forbid tampering with the characteristics of the game balls or stealing the other teams signs and signals via video spying?

Don't the election rules forbid creating needed votes that are untethered to any actual eligible citizen?

Sounds like a claim of the morality needed to sit in judgement

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Don't the 'same rules' forbid tampering with the characteristics of the game balls or stealing the other teams signs and signals via video spying?

Don't the election rules forbid creating needed votes that are untethered to any actual eligible citizen?

Sounds like a claim of the morality needed to sit in judgement
    So you are not of the crowd they did it to Trump so it's payback time?

I will await your rebuke of Printcraft.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Executive Order 13988 of January 20, 2021
    Preventing and Combating Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation

That is 'circumventing the authority' of the legislative branch
    I read the order, and it's clear that the enforcement of the EO should be "consistent with applicable law." That's a direct quote from the EO. That does not appear to circumvent the legislative branch, because obviously "applicable law," has been passed by the legislative branch, and "consistent," means to follow said laws. You got another one you want throw my way?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So you are not of the crowd they did it to Trump so it's payback time?

I will await your rebuke of Printcraft.

Oh, I didn't say "payback" time.

I said, "don't bitch, enjoy it" because you have no room to complain now.

Those high minded ideals should have been aimed at all of the squids crying "orange man bad" at everything and ever opportunity the last 4 years.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Oh, I didn't say "payback" time.

I said, "don't bitch, enjoy it" because you have no room to complain now.

Those high minded ideals should have been aimed at all of the squids crying "orange man bad" at everything and ever opportunity the last 4 years.
    I interpret what you say as whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Insert whatever goose gender(less) terms you prefer.

Am I wrong believing you are saying treat others how you have been treated?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I read the order, and it's clear that the enforcement of the EO should be "consistent with applicable law." That's a direct quote from the EO. That does not appear to circumvent the legislative branch, because obviously "applicable law," has been passed by the legislative branch, and "consistent," means to follow said laws. You got another one you want throw my way?
    I don't consider 'gender identity' consistent with transsexuality as used in Bostock v Clayton County. I believe the ruling was meant to protect people actually transitioning but not the more dilettante forms of 'gender dysphoria' and believe determining where that line should be drawn to be a legislative prerogative. I do not believe that merely believing yourself to be a man/woman trapped in a woman's/man's body entitles you to federal protection without any identifiable action on your part to proceed with the transition and would like to see the entire concept of 'gender identity' revisited legislatively to establish its boundaries

I believe you are confusing the assertion of the authority with the actual posession of it. That ruling is only 1/2 a year old. I think it will be challenged, and what will be telling is if the Biden accepts any setbacks that they are dealt because of that

You seem to have a broader concept of what is within Xiden's authority, that being whatever he is not expressly forbidden from doing, than you were willing to grant Trump in similar circumstances

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It will be a long wait. If I could prove who and how the election was stolen, I would cheerfully watch the perpetraitors dance on the end of a rope
    I try not to take pleasure in the death of anyone, but if your god allows it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I try not to take pleasure in the death of anyone, but if your god allows it.
    But the death of liberty is OK, because it is a concept and not a person? My God is not culpable for my shortcomings as a follower; nor, likewise, the sanctimony of his other followers

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    But the death of liberty is OK, because it is a concept and not a person? My God is not culpable for my shortcomings as a follower; nor, likewise, the sanctimony of his other followers
    Wow! A Trifecta!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Whose rules are, "If you don't like the election results, just storm the capitol?"
    You do realize 1....those idiots were invited in.....2 many were left wing instigators ......3 the weak minded storm troopers are not indicative of our people.
    I could go on but this is staring to be troll baiting although it is very lite. But know "ALL" of you usual suspects that I am watching.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom