Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Does Indiana have secure DL? What did you have to provide for positive identification? Don't you think the president should do at least that much?
    The entire nation has to now prove their identity with a birth certificate to get a "Real ID" DL. And I believe that unless you have a "Real ID" drivers license, you're no longer allowed to fly. But nobody's complaining about that. But God forbid you have to prove who you are to vote, because that's "voter suppression"? I guess Democrats also believe that POC are too stupid to fly anywhere so it's not a problem. I mean, after all, they'd never be able to figure out how to get on the internet to book their tickets anyhow according to Biden. :rolleyes: Tell me again who the racists are?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No. Driving is a privilege not a right. It's also a state issue not a federal one.

Should you have to provide you are a Citizen in good standing to purchase a firearm? Ammo?
    The ability to run for president is a privilege, not a right. If it was a right, there would be no eligibility requirements

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    How many presidents legally locked down every aspect of their past so even their college records could not be seen? How many presidents had such a complex parentage with respect to citizenship and obfuscated the details of their actual birth so determinedly?

Like jamil says, 'If you act like you're hiding something, I'ma gonna' think you're hiding something'

I had to produce more and better records just to renew my customs and security clearances than Obama did to be president. The race thing is just a black herring, he was just the first president who not only was not obviously American by inspection but also the first to disparage being American and act like he was ashamed of it - and racism became the all purpose excuse for his shortcomings
    Look. Someone made the comment early on about public and private records and private records are covered by the 4th.

No matter what example you cite, isn't that valid?

As to customs and security clearances were you forced to do so or was that necessity because of choices you made?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No. Driving is a privilege not a right. It's also a state issue not a federal one.

Should you have to provide you are a Citizen in good standing to purchase a firearm? Ammo?
    If you buy from an FFL, you absolutely have to do those things. Have you never bought a firearm (or had one transferred through an FFL)?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Look. Someone made the comment early on about public and private records and private records are covered by the 4th.

No matter what example you cite, isn't that valid?

As to customs and security clearances were you forced to do so or was that necessity because of choices you made?
    Did Obama choose to run for president, or was it necessary?

And my employment required it because of where I was often working

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The ability to run for president is a privilege, not a right. If it was a right, there would be no eligibility requirements
    Hmm if you meet the requirements, can the state deny you to run for president?

You have a right to free speech but it comes with limitations. Thise limitations are requirements you must meet in order to be covered by free speech

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If you buy from an FFL, you absolutely have to do those things. Have you never bought a firearm (or had one transferred through an FFL)?
    I didn't mean to say you do or do not have to. I am asking if you think you should have to?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hmm if you meet the requirements, can the state deny you to run for president?

You have a right to free speech but it comes with limitations. Thise limitations are requirements you must meet in order to be covered by free speech
    Would it not then be incumbent on the state to ensure you meet the requirements? They could check that you meet the age requirement at the same time in the same way

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Did Obama choose to run for president, or was it necessary?

And my employment required it because of where I was often working
    Right . The difference is you KNEW you would have to meet those qualifications and documents were required.

I ask again...does the constitution require a presidential candidate to produce a birth certificate?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Right . The difference is you KNEW you would have to meet those qualifications and documents were required.

I ask again...does the constitution require a presidential candidate to produce a birth certificate?
    Does the constitution require you to be over the age of 35? Do they take your word for it or do you have to provide documentation?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So tax records are OK to hide 4th amendment

College records must be released because some wants them.

Makes no sense.

In my opinion,

If a birth certificate is required by the constitution were they produced by any other president?

Whether you or I believe something to be true or not shouldn't matter. If the Constitution says you have to be a US citizen it either requires requires everyone to produce one or it does not.
    I don't believe it does make that requirement so the burden of proof would fall to those who make the claim that Obama wasn't a US citizen.
    To be fair, no other president had relatives claiming they were born in another country, or a literary agency stating he was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.

I believe that the reason he locked down his college records is because in them he claimed to be born in Kenya in order to take advantage of whatever monies and opportunities might be available based on that, which would likely be student loan fraud of some sort. I have no proof of this, but it fits with his literary agency's statement in his biography. I would be extremely surprised of they made that up themselves.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    That's the crux of our disagreement then.

Unless the constitution requires disclosure of a birth certificate, then I believe the burden of proof falls to the accusers.

No one has yet to say the constitution requires it.

I believe there a reason no one wants to step out on that limb.

I believe that's because it was never a requirement for any previous president and certainly not all of them up to Obama.

I also don't think the rules change because suddenly citizenship got called into question.

I believe that because the Republican party tried to introduce legislation to make it a requirement.

I don't believe the accusers because their arguments against Obama disagreed with each other.

I believe that anyone on this forum when accused would want the case against them to be coherent.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The entire nation has to now prove their identity with a birth certificate to get a "Real ID" DL. And I believe that unless you have a "Real ID" drivers license, you're no longer allowed to fly. But nobody's complaining about that. But God forbid you have to prove who you are to vote, because that's "voter suppression"? I guess Democrats also believe that POC are too stupid to fly anywhere so it's not a problem. I mean, after all, they'd never be able to figure out how to get on the internet to book their tickets anyhow according to Biden. :rolleyes: Tell me again who the racists are?
    You never heard anyone complain about Real ID?

I DID!

I would be surprised if no one on this forum did

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The post you replied to was somewhat tongue in cheek.

How many President's had to produce a birth certificate prior to election? How many have been asked to produce them? Don't remember any in my lifetime except for the one that wasn't white. Can't help but wonder if that is because its okay to assume all the white one's were US citizens. IN the people I know personally, race was a huge driver behind the birth certificate argument. Not saying it applies to anyone here, but it was definitely in play.

Maybe someone who is a Presidential historian can show precedence for such demands?

Also your interpretation of the constitution means that a birth certificate MUST be produced when asked for by a citizen?

The biggest issue I had with Trump's tax returns is he promised to release him then didn't, not that he didn't release them. I found his excuses for not doing so lacking. I mean wasn't he being audited already when he made the promise to release them? Did he say I will release them AFTER the audit when he first made the promise.

IF the promise was made and then the audit came, then I could understand Trumps position, but I wouldn't agree with it.
    How many past presidents have claimed to have been born in a foreign country? Although it disappeared, I recall seeing video of Obama doing so when running for Senate. How many have grandmothers claiming to have witnessed their foreign birth? How many presidents are a complete goddamned mystery of which we don't really know anything but the narrative they offer with more holes in it than a Swiss cheese?

If someone approaches a high office we are entitled to know with certainty that he is eligible.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Until the law is changed, then yes. Until the Constitution is changed, then yes, someone running for President should too, if requested.
    Again maybe I am unclear.

Do you believe the state should have the right to make you prove you are a proper citizen to exercise your 2A rights? Including carrying a firearm? Should be able to force you to have an LTCH?

I would answer that question No.

I not asking about being a law abiding citizen. I am asking if the laws regarding guns respect the constitutional meaning of the 2A.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    How many past presidents have claimed to have been born in a foreign country? Although it disappeared, I recall seeing video of Obama doing so when running for Senate. How many have grandmothers claiming to have witnessed their foreign birth? How many presidents are a complete goddamned mystery of which we don't really know anything but the narrative they offer with more holes in it than a Swiss cheese?

If someone approaches a high office we are entitled to know with certainty that he is eligible.
    Does the constitution require a president to produce a birth certificate?

It's a yes or no question.

The requirements of the constitution itself have applied to every president. Under the constitution they should all be treated the same.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom