• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I still like the owners of Tomlinsons and will continue to patronize them but what happened to Howard up there? I really liked him and had a good relationship with him.

Chip

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Ranger, Ranger, Ranger... unless you're south then 21st is great.

I actually went to Ranger for the first time recently. They had a different selection than many others in town, but not up there with Tomlinsons's. Do they do FFL transfers?

bigtexan449

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    New Haven
    Or try Shooters in New Haven
    (Heading down Coliseum take the second exit onto Lincoln highway, it's across the street from Krogers)
    Jerry is a nice guy and prices are usually reasonable. Inventory changes from day to day.

I agree, Jerry is a cool dude. His inventory has a little of everything.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Try Midwest

Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka is by far the largest and nicest gun store I have seen in Indiana. They have a brand new facility and it is stocked with goodies and their prices are always compeditive. They are always at the 1500 Show so you have an idea of how many guns they carry; they have many more at the store. Worth the extra drive just to see the place. :yesway: :yesway:

ihunt

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Fort Wayne area
    Tomlinson's or 21st Century! You will not be disappointed by either. Great people to work with and are very fair buying or trading. Both have payment plans for those guns that are hard on the wallet.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    +1 for Ranger Supply and 21st Century. I have bought 2 guns from 21st and had great experiences with those guys. I would defiantly buy from them in the future. I recently purchased a CMMG AR-15 rifle and some other accessories from Ranger Supply. The best price in town by far. I haven't been to Goshen but I have purchased a pistol from ZX Guns at the Fort Wayne gun show. They have great prices and I am eager to go up there to the shop and look around.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Used to like going to the shop over the years until I started to get treated like I should be a major honor to be in the shop. I called several times to ask questions about items I wanted to buy. The last 2 times he said he would get right back to me on the items. Never got a call back. I truely liked the guy and his shop but now I think I will take my business elsewhere. I am going to check out 21st Century and I will no longer recommend this shop. Its ashame as I have been doing business here for a few years now

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Used to like going to the shop over the years until I started to get treated like I should be a major honor to be in the shop. I called several times to ask questions about items I wanted to buy. The last 2 times he said he would get right back to me on the items. Never got a call back. I truely liked the guy and his shop but now I think I will take my business elsewhere. I am going to check out 21st Century and I will no longer recommend this shop. Its ashame as I have been doing business here for a few years now

Since Ed runs the shop alone you might have to give him a call as he does get behind on his "call backs". I've been doing business with Ed for well over 25 years and still call him once in a while to see where he is on getting me prices on guns not in stock. If his prices weren't so good he would not be so busy...

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I called Ed once to inquire if he had a stainless Colt Series 70 repro. He told me "no" and that was that. About two months later, I get a call out of the blue from Ed telling me that he just received what I was looking for. I've bought maybe three or four guns from Ed spread over an eleven year time span, so it's not like we're boosom buddies or something. I doubt he remembers me or could pick me out of a line-up.

I had moved on and bought something else by that time, but that's service above and beyond what is required, IMHO.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I called Ed once to inquire if he had a stainless Colt Series 70 repro. He told me "no" and that was that. About two months later, I get a call out of the blue from Ed telling me that he just received what I was looking for. I've bought maybe three or four guns from Ed spread over an eleven year time span, so it's not like we're boosom buddies or something. I doubt he remembers me or could pick me out of a line-up.

I had moved on and bought something else by that time, but that's service above and beyond what is required, IMHO.

That is a great example of service. I wish I would have had a similar experience.

Gerard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    I would try McDonald's in Marion, about 1/2 hour south of Fort Wayne. A nice owner, good selection and a good price. He is good about answering questions over the phone

I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Eds- Bought my first gun there. Nice guy pain in the *** becuase he doesnt give prices over the phone. He just says "Ill give you the best deal" Tha means hell knock off 5 to 10 dollars off someone else's price. Hes an ***.

Shooters- Jerry is awesome. He can prolly get the best deal in town, He is a non Bs kinda guy 2. Ive bought from him before and will again.

H&H-- Asses. Try to seem knowledgeable and kinda bs their way thru everything. WAY OVERPRICED

Ranger Supply-- Russ is a cool *** dude. Hes just looking to grow his buisness. He will give you awesome info and great deals. and can help you service ur guns as well. I love this shop.

Gander-- Ha

K & T-- Eh kinda slow, not really willing to deal. Nice people tho

Rshelbu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    I have bought two guns from Ed Hirschy and that's because I was young and dumb. I give a lot of people second chances, but I'll never do business with him again. When I was younger I bought two guns from him, totaling just over $2000 and he was still an A$$@)$%&.

Here's what I don't like, if you know what you're looking for and call him up and ask what his price is he won't tell you and gives you some attitude about it. Ok that's one thing. Then if you want to see his gun store you have to make an appointment like he's a doctor and then once you get in the door and then you don't like the prices because THEY ARE HIGHER you get more attitude about wasting his time, like he's a Dentist or something.

Ed's big arguement is that he doesn't let people come in and manhandle his guns like they can at gander mountain, but the new guns always come out of the back in a brand new box so I don't see what his advantage is.

My cousin & uncle were treated the same way I was by him. I know he's been doing business for some time, and he must be doing great work for someone, but I'm not a fan and I won't recommend him.

Gander Mountaint: Decent Selection, high prices.
    H&H: Great Selection, reasonable prices.
    Tomlinsons: Pretty Good Selection, Good prices.

I recommend Tomlinsons to everyone I talk to because they are genuinely good people.

I've never been to 21st Century, but I plan on it.

Hirschey is the place that had me pre-pay before the NICS check. On the receipt for my purchase it said "cash discount". I asked him about that and he said that if you use a credit card he charges you 3%. When I called and asked about this particular gun, nothing was said about an extra charge if you don't use cash. The price he quoted me on the phone was a cash price. I am going to check with my brother who works for a company that sells and services credit card machines and see what they charge the retailer for this service. I am betting that he is not only making money on the gun sale but also making money when you use your credit card. He does make you feel like he is doing you a big favor by selling you a gun...R

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I think it'd be real interesting to get Ed's reaction to what everyone here has to say about him. It's not my cup of tea, but he must be keeping someone happy.

Top Bottom