• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • y3khunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Ranger Supply - Russ knows everything about everything and you don't. Heard several complaints about the way he does business. -1

21st Century - Great selection and prices. +1

Precision Arms - Jeff is very knowledgeable and fair prices. +1

Gander - Overpriced. -1

H&H - Overpriced. -1

Ed Hirschy - Decent selection and prices but I dont like to be rushed. +0

Hillside Shooting Sports - A little of everything and fair prices. Greg
    is a decent guy as well. +1

B&H - If your not friends then don't expect much. +0

I think its time I say something about this, I do not know everything, I freely acknowledge that I know absolutely nothing about reloading, nothing about muzzle loading, nothing about archery, almost nothing about antique firearms, almost nothing about over unders, and do not know the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow, african or european. I can be opinionated, and sometimes a little blunt, but I am trying to help. Sorry if I came off as a know it all, stop back in lets talk some more. I'll buy you a pepsi.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    21st Century in Bluffton. It is almost an hour drive for me so I don't go often. Nice shop, nice people great selection. Only downside is prices are only average. I used to buy from them all when it was called "Bluffton gunshop" because they would have good deals from time to time. I have been back about half a dozen times and never found anything that sparked my my buying bone.

I purchased the Bluffton Gun Shop from the owner and followed his pricing guidelines. However, If that is your only problem I can fix it. I'll beat any gun shops price on a gun in Fort Wayne. And most likely since we have more inventory than anyone in NE Indiana your going to find it in stock. The only thing I can't change right now is the drive from Fort Wayne. Well, I mean "right now."

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i have had good experiences and bad experiences at most of the shops. at h&h i try to deal only with thomas and i am always happy, ranger supply i am usually pleased with, but have heard some trash talk and i have seen some good prices there as well, at the same time though i have had several great conversations in there and many nice visits, shooters in new haven i have a good time talking with jerry what a character :D but a good guy, 21st century=awesome, no complaints yet! nice selection and great prices just dont like the drive, tomlinsons another awesome with no complaints. just my experiences and :twocents: :ingo:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I know a nice little shop that sits right in the Fort...
    It's called Ranger Supply Co.
    It's not a big place but Russ will do his best to find what your looking for! All you have to do is stop there! It's located next to the "China Buffet" in Times Corners.
    Stop in and tell him what you need!

:+1: I have not bought a firearm from him, but I have gotten some small things. He went out of his way to help me fix a problem of a mag extender pinching my pinky when firing my G26. His price on the Taurus 709 Slim was considerably cheaper than Gander Mountain on Lima Road. Ranger had it for under $400 when GM was selling it for $460.

Folks might try K & T Guns and Supplies 442 Lincoln Highway West, New Haven IN 46774 or
    Shooters, 660 Lincoln Highway West, New Haven IN 46774.

KT is smaller, but friendlier. Moderate selection, but prices are lower than GM or HH. Shooters is well stocked, knowledgeable, friendly. Both currently sell 9mm Luger 115gr for $16 for a box of 50—roughly the same as HH. I just bought three boxes at Meijer (Lima Road) for $11 each, though. Last three boxes they had, too.:D

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Tomlinson's in Churubusco is a great shop. Good people, great selection, fair prices. Just head north on 33 out of Fort Wayne.

:+1: Mike and Tim are great guys to deal with.
    Ranger Supply I've deal with twice. First time the guy was more than happy to help me out. 2nd time in there is more like get what you need and get out.

H&H - Guns- NEVER AGAIN!!!! Extra Mags, Holsters, and Ammo, I'll stop there before Gander Mountain

Last edited:

speedsix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    fort wayne
    There is also a shop in Columbia City. I forget the name but it is right downtown. Somebody here will probably know the name.

I have done some business with the owner Jeff and he is a rock solid good guy who will not rip anyone off. He is a honest guy and probably cares more about being honest and fair than making a quick buck. He is not the biggest shop around and often doesn't have much to sell but he is an honest guy and deserves a mention.

speedsix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    fort wayne
    Here is an Ed Hirshey story for you all to contemplate. About 15 years ago I was in his shop buying a SIG 220. I somehow got to asking about the Ruger prices in his case.

He said he would beat any price. I said I saw them for less at K's Merchandise (this was back when they were open). He said that those new Rugers K's sells are some kind of a 2nd. I asked what he meant. He said they are not the same gun as the ones he sells. I asked what the difference was and he said only an expert like himself could tell the difference but they were not as good.:rolleyes:

This was back when I was younger and didn't know as much but I still saw through that BS!:noway: He lied to me other times and overchanged me on items when I didn't know a fair price. I did order a couple of guns from him and got a fair price but I had to know the price I was willing to pay going in.

My advice if you are going to swim with sharks like Hirshey is to know your stuff. If there is any weakness in your knowledge he will be all over you and take your money. He is not above lying and cheating and never has been. He doesn't treat people with respect and doesn't foster long term relationships. He is perfectly happy with ripping off someone who he thinks is only ever going to buy one gun from him.

He also told me that anyone who buys a gun from a gunshow deserves to be ripped off. This was back where he sold guns at the shows and not just safes. I think that shows his mindset.

I know my stuff now so I wouldn't get taken if I shopped with him but I prefer not to have to watch my back that closely. If you sleep on one detail, you will be ripped off by him. You better double check that there are two mags in you new pistol box when you leave the shop etc.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    ZX Guns in Goshen is a nice small shop with good prices. It is worth the drive from Fort Wayne if you have something specific in mind.

firemedic140

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Harlan, IN
    I don't like to look at it as turnover. More like finding a good fit for the store. I'll be there all day Monday and most fo the day Sat. LMK who you are and I'll try to make it a more pleasant trip.

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    It's really interesting how the most articulate and intelligent people on this site clearly favor Ed Hirschy. I think the comments of the people who rudely and ignorantly attack him reveal the kind of clients that Ed doesn't want. Hopefully, you fall into the first category and would be a great match for Ed.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    It's really interesting how the most articulate and intelligent people on this site clearly favor Ed Hirschy. I think the comments of the people who rudely and ignorantly attack him reveal the kind of clients that Ed doesn't want. Hopefully, you fall into the first category and would be a great match for Ed.
    Bob, are you sleeping with Ed or something? NOW you are insulting the intelligence of people who have stated they are not real comfortable iwth Ed's business practices? You really know how to make friends. :rolleyes:

I think it is admirable to stand up for a dealer you believe in but insulting those of us with a differing viewpoint is shallow and ignorant. BTW, there is too much evidence to the contrary of what you say for us to take you stance real seriously either. ALL shops have their negative points. Some WAY more than others.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom