• gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yup, need to know that.

Fair warning; you will get all of our opinions based on what we are using. And most of us don't have much more than a sample size of 1 or 2 so figuring out what is the best one is going to be difficult.

I have had three different holsters for my Shield; a leather Tucker OWB, a N8 IWB, and a Bravo Concealment OWB.

The Tucker is the ticket for OWB and if you want leather. Plus you can buy mine at a substantially reduced price from new with next to no wait.

The N8, I did not care for but I'm not sure I would like any IWB. Though I am looking at several right now; Vedder, Bravo, I forget.

The Bravo has worked very well for me. It's good, is high and tight and is adjustable in many ways. I'm not too crazy that it is injection molded plastic vs Kydex but I don't really have a reason. Injection molding can produce products to tighter tolerances than heating up a piece of Kydex and they can add more detail to make it look better. Plus, it saves manufacturing costs if you produce enough to get your ROI on the very expensive molds and presses, lol.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Fair warning; you will get all of our opinions based on what we are using. And most of us don't have much more than a sample size of 1 or 2 so figuring out what is the best one is going to be difficult.

Ditto. What I can recommend based on my limited experience:

If you're considering IWB hip carry or Appendix carry, I highly recommend Bradec holsters (bradecholsters.com). Outstanding quality for the price point.

If you choose to carry appendix you should add the mod wing / claw option that's $5 extra. It's a little nub that cinches the grip of the gun tighter into your body which helps with comfort and concealment in the appendix position, and you can always remove it and make it a standard IWB holster if you want to carry out on your hip instead of appendix.

All in all you'll be paying less than $30 shipped for a quality holster

No matter what you choose, practice your draw and practice safely holstering your gun without pointing it at yourself

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Oh yeah. Don't forget about a real gun belt too. The belt is the foundation of which the holster works. A so so holster will work better on a gun belt than a top notch holster on a crappy belt.

Daltech Force BioBelt is a favorite among many INGOers, my self included. Beltman, 511 Alien Gear are a few more names to look into. Most of these belts are not inexpensive, but will outlast a regular leather belt by a good margin. This will actually be cheaper in the long run.

climber1218

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Converse
    I feel that the best IWB concealed carry holster is the Milt Sparks VersaMax2...if you don't mind spending some money and waiting a while. But nothing beats a really well made leather holster!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I feel that the best IWB concealed carry holster is the Milt Sparks VersaMax2...if you don't mind spending some money and waiting a while. But nothing beats a really well made leather holster!

Do you have one for a Shield? I have looked at these similar designs and I can't wrap my head around having a holster that is 2-3X the size of the firearm I'm trying to put inside my pants.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm waiting on if its a Shield 45 or 40 or 9mm. I believe each one has a slightly different size than the other. I know for fact my 45 doesn't fit 40 or 9mm Shield holsters.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I'm waiting on if its a Shield 45 or 40 or 9mm. I believe each one has a slightly different size than the other. I know for fact my 45 doesn't fit 40 or 9mm Shield holsters.
    45 is only one different in size. If you get or have a 45 try it in your 9/40 holster before buying another holster. With a little retention adjustment my 45 fits fine in a couple of my holsters bought for my 9.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    45 is only one different in size. If you get or have a 45 try it in your 9/40 holster before buying another holster. With a little retention adjustment my 45 fits fine in a couple of my holsters bought for my 9.
    Thanks for the tip. Its hard to find a good 45 shield holster. All I see is 9 and 40. Maybe by the 40 and see how it fits my 45 shield.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I've have tried several holsters for my Shield. The 2 I use are the DeSantis Mini Scabbard for OWB carry, which is my preferred method of carry. When IWB is needed I use the the Bianchi 100 Professional. Both are a minimalist design of top quality leather, well made and have held up for a long time. Both are reasonable priced. When coupled with a good gun belt I find them very comfortable to wear. I do suggest when you find a holster you like buy a spare, they do wear out.

Top Bottom