• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    And just like that, I'm done Christmas shopping...

8409dc06dea8d3515c2df7baf0009c81.jpg

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    Dont worry about wrapping it for me!!!

Last time I saw a case was a fathers day event. Did not get a case but went home with 3 bottles of ER. Curious myself where it was snagged????

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Just coming outta COVID & now for the Knob Creek "Recovery Program"

GUEST_82ac2585-05a3-4247-ad64-a1db5e38c9b2

BTW-Had Both Pfizer Vaccines & Still got the Chinese Flu.
    JMO, thinkin the Vaccines kept me outta the Hospital.
    Thankful & Apologies if I got a little Off Topic.
    Cheers!
    Glad you’re doing better! Bourbon was my first clue I had Covid. One night it had this strange metallic/bitter smell and taste. The next morning my coffee did too. Then my wife tested positive and I pretty much knew. I periodically have a little bourbon at night now, for health testing of course.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    For this Christmas my daughter just treated me to an Elijah Craig small batch bourbon in the Christmas pack with their Old Fashioned syrup. YUMMM!

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Hit up another Payless Liquors Xmas event today. Was in line for about an hour and grabbed these at retail.
    They are all single barrel store picks except the blood oath and JD holiday.
    These are about all the same ones I got on Fathers day this year so im feeling pretty good at replenishing my stash.

Im opening the Buffalo Trace Store pick as I type.
    20211211_152901.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I've never used EC in an old fashion, too good of a sipping bourbon IMHO, but a very nice gift however ya choose to enjoy it.

Have to agree. After sampling EC neat and as an Old Fashioned, going to save the mixer for my Evan Williams and enjoy the EC by itself.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I went to a blind tasting party for wheated bourbons ( Pappy, Weller, Maker's Mark, etc). I was surprised how many people ranked MM up close to the obvious winner PVW. For an under $50 bourbon, it's really tasty unless you like the spice of rye in the mix.

All depends on when the specific Pappy's bourbon was bottled. Having tasted several bottles of Pappy's before Buffalo Trace started distilling Pappy's, there is a difference and not for the better.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Where in the wide, wide world of sports did you find a case of Eagle Rare, may I ask?
    Package store at USMC Base Quantico.

They have been getting a case or two a week pretty regularly. My son in law is a Marine and works in MCCS. Basically he works in any retail business the USMC owns. Currently he runs their uniform sales and tailor shop. He made friends with the lady who manages the package store and she gives him a heads up when they get anything interesting.

We drove out there last Friday in a panic because our very pregnant daughter was sure she was going into labor. Turns out, she wasn't.:rolleyes:
    But if I make the 10 hour drive, I'm staying for the whole week. Playing with grandkid #1 is more fun than working anyways.

SIL texted Wednesday morning and said package store manager just told him she got 12 CASES of Eagle Rare.

Since you need a military ID to buy there, I told the daughter to load up. Buy the time she got motivated, it was afternoon. We found the shelf for Eagle Rare bare. There were several empty case laying around and I asked a guy pushing a pallet jack to the back if they had anymore. He said nope. Some dude had just walked out with the last 6 case they had. Another guy working there told him, there's another skid in back we haven't broken down yet, check that one. He returned with one case, which he was sure was the last case.

I started thinking about who I needed Christmas presents for and decided I'd have no trouble getting rid of all 6 bottles. Hard to pass up when paying retail and without any sales tax.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I'm jealous of the ecbp I ain't seen one around here in a while. That and a stagg Jr are 2 of my most sought after bottles.
    This is only the second time I've seen an ECBP in the wild, and the only time I've seen it not insanely marked up in price.
    Dollar for dollar, I think the EC Small Batch is a bargain at $30ish as an everyday sipper.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    180   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    I got lucky today and found 1 lonely bottle of Eagle Rare at Wal-Mart. It's my first bottle of it and I haven't tried it before. Is it worth the hype?

I also picked up a bottle of KC 15 at retail ptice in New Jersey last week for my collection. Maybe I'll have to open a bottle of KC 12 to do a comparison now.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I got lucky today and found 1 lonely bottle of Eagle Rare at Wal-Mart. It's my first bottle of it and I haven't tried it before. Is it worth the hype?...
    IMHO...

At retail? Yes. I can't think of anything under $30 that's better.

At 2x retail? Maybe. I have bought several $50-60 bottles that aren't as good as ER.

Any price over that? Probably not.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    IMHO...

At retail? Yes. I can't think of anything under $30 that's better.

At 2x retail? Maybe. I have bought several $50-60 bottles that aren't as good as ER.

Any price over that? Probably not.
    When I got into bourbon 15 years ago it was still readily available. For $30, it was a steal. These days I don’t chase it.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    When I got into bourbon 15 years ago it was still readily available. For $30, it was a steal. These days I don’t chase it.
    As little as 2 years ago I could buy it anytime at my local Martin's grocery store. Often on sale for $23. Drank A LOT of that stuff.

It was weird when it disappeared. It didn't slow to a trickle or anything, one week it just stopped and they haven't had it since.

Top Bottom