• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As little as 2 years ago I could buy it anytime at my local Martin's grocery store. Often on sale for $23. Drank A LOT of that stuff.

It was weird when it disappeared. It didn't slow to a trickle or anything, one week it just stopped and they haven't had it since.
    Where do you guys think it went? I hear China and India. We desperately need a worldwide recession…

OmarR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Westfield
    Yes Sir, that's flirting with "buy a case price". That's my line of thinking when I see Wild Turkey 101, Knob Creek 9 or any of my favs seriously discounted.

Eagle Rare & Blantons are the two that people call up Costco every Monday (usually big liquor load comes in every Monday). Haven't gotten them in since the first week of Feb.

Axxe55

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2021
    Texas.
    For many years I have drank pretty much W L Weller Special Reserve. A couple of months ago, I went to buy a new bottle, but none of the liquor stores had any, except pints. I saw something interesting, Jim Beam Devil's Cut bourbon. I use to drink Jim Beam years ago so I decided to give it a try. I like it.

Beam.jpeg

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I've seen 10-20 bottles of that Ezra Brooks Distiller's Collection at Meijer around town. Must be something new they started getting. That was about two weeks ago. I'm sure they are all gone now.
    I picked that one up at elite in new Palestine a while back. It surprised me. Very tasty.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    No, they we're under $50. But damn, the bourbon gods are really smiling on me lately. Both at retail...

v72xnu7l.jpg

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I realized I forgot to buy myself a Christmas present. I decided I’d really like a bottle of Hard Truth’s new Sweet Mash Rye. I couldn’t resist the excitement and just gave it to myself early. First batch, and it’s amazing. I think I like it better than the Barrell Seagrass. It’s a potent 115 proof, but the heat dissipates quickly. I get a lot of sweet apple dessert notes from it. One reviewer said apple pie or apple strudel, and I’d say that’s spot on.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I realized I forgot to buy myself a Christmas present. I decided I’d really like a bottle of Hard Truth’s new Sweet Mash Rye. I couldn’t resist the excitement and just gave it to myself early. First batch, and it’s amazing. I think I like it better than the Barrell Seagrass. It’s a potent 115 proof, but the heat dissipates quickly. I get a lot of sweet apple dessert notes from it. One reviewer said apple pie or apple strudel, and I’d say that’s spot on.
    Great, now I'm obliged to by myself a present.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I love that stuff! Not as hot as you might think with fruitiness and a nice smooth feel. The Hard Truth tour at the distillery is well worth your time, too.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I snagged a Old Fitz 11 couple weeks ago at retail its really good..... Its half gone now.... View attachment 172407
    lol.
    You and Jfed are true ballers.
    Got a special day coming real soon with a few co-workers, thinking 'bout opening up the cabinet and tabling some JDSBBP from 2015 (133 proof), ECBP (120.2 proof) and that KC15 (100 proof).
    If these guys aint happy with this list, I'm sending them to your houses.
    Cheers.

PlaysInTheDirt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Southport
    Elijah Craig Small Batch is my 'everyday'...Woodford Double Oaked is a little over $50.00 and is my 'weekend' bourbon of choice.
    Lot of ones in here that I need to try now though!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I was searching for a post in this thread which I finally found but to find it a browsed from the first page to page 115. Crazy how much has changed since this thread started…

Top Bottom