• ...and so much more!
  • Barista

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    South Bend..."Go Irish"
    $929
    Not as cheap as they used to be, but the Cx4 was never that cheap to start with.

Yeah that's really not that bad considering the market. I've even seen them selling in the $900's on berettaforum.net

I assume this is the latest generation with the raised kickstand plastic piece on the side of the stock and the checkering on the Forend of the stock?

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    Yes, mine has both of those features. I wondered what those raised parts above the trigger were for. They also come with 2 20 rd magazines now.

Nice! I've been saving my pennies for a while for one of those. Glad to hear they come with 20 round magazines and some of the rails/attachments that were originally al la carte. Out of curiosity, did you get the version that is compatible with the 92fs magazines or the Px4 magazines?

Barista

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    South Bend..."Go Irish"
    Yes, mine has both of those features. I wondered what those raised parts above the trigger were for. They also come with 2 20 rd magazines now.

I like the 2 20 round mags addition! I assume they are PX4 mags?

I went to berettaforum.net to recall what those two tumors are on each side of the receiver just above the trigger area. Apparently, this is a common feature on the MX4 (Full auto variant) but it's not the selector switch. Beretta added the tumors to prevent the safety/selector switch from being activated when laying the rifle on its side. The safety has an additional position on the MX4 for full auto select fire.

PM me if there are specific accessories you are looking for. I may have a few extra items sitting around that I'm not using (i.e. PX 9 mm mag that I believe is 15 or 17 rounds). I converted mine to 92FS mags so the PX4 mag does me no good. I also have an extra mag spring kit that came with mine that I have no idea what it's for. I may have an extra rail, forend grip, soft case, etc. if your interested.

Rather than sell these items I would be interested in trade items as well (i.e. AK74 mags, AK47 drum Romanian, ammo (9mm, 545, 556, 762, etc.), AK47 parts, gun part kits, AR parts, etc.)

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    Mine is the 92 version. Both of the rifles that Bradis had were that version. I have a Beretta 92FS already, so I have lots of magazines. The 20 round MecGar magazines fit much better than the 20rd factory mags that are long.

Barista

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    South Bend..."Go Irish"
    Mine is the 92 version. Both of the rifles that Bradis had were that version. I have a Beretta 92FS already, so I have lots of magazines. The 20 round MecGar magazines fit much better than the 20rd factory mags that are long.

Yeah, I prefer the 92 version as well. I don't have any of those MecGar 30 round mags but I've seen them and they look better and more compact than the Beretta factory 20 rounders.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just nabbed the other CX4 at Bradis. I have really struggled with the decision to go with an AR-15 or CX4 for HD, plinking, and bug-out/SHTF duty. In the end I see myself being able to shoot the CX4 a lot more and thus become more proficient with it than I could with an AR. Now I have to decide if I'm going to go with a 92 or CX4 to accompany it so all my mags would be the same.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Rajos Guns in Evansville has a new one for just under $1K I think. I do not know for certain which version it is but a 92 mag locked in and ejected smoothly. I would be tempted but there is one coming up in an auction soon locally.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I just nabbed the other CX4 at Bradis. I have really struggled with the decision to go with an AR-15 or CX4 for HD, plinking, and bug-out/SHTF duty. In the end I see myself being able to shoot the CX4 a lot more and thus become more proficient with it than I could with an AR. Now I have to decide if I'm going to go with a 92 or PX4 to accompany it so all my mags would be the same.
    Congratulations, good to see the brother of my CX4 is here on the board. :D
    The one you have uses the 92 mags, but they are easy to convert.
    Pick up some of these Mec-Gar Beretta 92FS & M9 9mm 20rd Magazine they are much better than the factory 20 rd mags that come with the CX4. I have 4 and they are great.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    My local Blythe's apparently just got a bunch of them and selling them for about 700. I was tempted to get one

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was at the Greenwood Gander Mtn. just before closing time earlier tonight and they have a CX4 (P92 mag version) for $899. 20% down and balance payable in 90 days snags this one.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My lay-away period was brief. I just got back from Bradis with my new CX4 carbine. I'm going to disassemble, clean and convert to left-handed tonight and hopefully feed it over the weekend.

I know it's been mentioned around the 'net, but I'm going to see if there's any way to make Glock mags work in this rifle. If it's physically possible I'm sure I could make the parts to convert it. A lot of planets would have to align, though and until I can get the mags side-by-side and start comparing them this may just be a pipe dream. I know the PX4 and 92-series are fine pistols, I'm just not sure any of them could ever be my EDC.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    My lay-away period was brief. I just got back from Bradis with my new CX4 carbine. I'm going to disassemble, clean and convert to left-handed tonight and hopefully feed it over the weekend.

I know it's been mentioned around the 'net, but I'm going to see if there's any way to make Glock mags work in this rifle. If it's physically possible I'm sure I could make the parts to convert it. A lot of planets would have to align, though and until I can get the mags side-by-side and start comparing them this may just be a pipe dream. I know the PX4 and 92-series are fine pistols, I'm just not sure any of them could ever be my EDC.

Cool! I have a CX4 in .40 S&W and I love it. I thought the .40 ammo would be more expensive but over the last few months it's been more available and less expensive than 9mm. But I'm sure that will change once 9mm starts showing up again.

I added a Burris RedDot sight and two stock spacers to mine. The extra couple of inches in stock length made it fit a lot better as my arms are fairly long.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ok I got it on the workbench, field stripped it, wiped off all that excess oil, and reassembled it for left side ejection. I noticed the charging handle was on the left side when I got it and that is where I left it. I'm sure I will run dual charging handles but for now which side is preferred for left handed shooters? I would think strong hand charging is the way to go.

I also installed all the rails and sling and this rifle is pretty sexy. Gonna look even better with a light and maybe an optic or laser on those rails.

Dirka74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    There was one at Valpo Walmart for $850 on Friday morning. Don't know if it is still there or not.

Top Bottom