• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Any idea when we'll see more in the States? I hear Beretta had a huge request from foreign markets especially India, which is why these have dried up and are selling for $800-$1000. Once supply comes back maybe the price will drop.

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    They are really, really nice little carbines! Very accurate with a good feel. I have felt much better triggers but as a complete unit, these are very good. Especially love the less than 32" total length in a carbine!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    They are really, really nice little carbines! Very accurate with a good feel. I have felt much better triggers but as a complete unit, these are very good. Especially love the less than 32" total length in a carbine!
    I know. To those who find one used for a good price, don't hesitate.

Barista

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    South Bend..."Go Irish"

I agree on the trigger but there is an aftermarket Sierra Papa upgrade for both the trigger assembly and buffer that really make a huge difference.

I have the Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm carbine with most the upgrades and accessories. It is one of my favorite carbines to shoot. I converted it to accept the 92FS/M9 magazines, which really added to the capacity (20 rounders and 30 rounders). I also like the fact that I can use the same magazine between my handgun and rifle.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Thanks Barista for the heads up on Sierra Papa. I have always worried when cleaning my CX4 that I could break the recoil rod, which I have seen others do. Great upgrades on that site! Rep'd

Barista

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    South Bend..."Go Irish"
    Thanks Barista for the heads up on Sierra Papa. I have always worried when cleaning my CX4 that I could break the recoil rod, which I have seen others do. Great upgrades on that site! Rep'd

Thanks for the rep! Sierra Papa parts are not cheap to buy but are well worth the investment. The other nice thing about Sierra Papa parts is that they are US mfg so if you make changes (SBR, thread barrel for flash hinders or FN FAL bayonet, etc.) then you meet the required US mfg parts requirement under 922(r).

Chkline

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Anderson
    I also truely enjoy by Storm. I had the chance to shoot it last week for the first time, and was very impressed. These are great little carbines. I mounted a combo HU red dot with laser, and was very impressed with the patterns I could leave.

This has to be one of the best home defense carbines out there!

Also appreciate the info on Sierra Papa. I will be checking them out for sure!

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    Best carbine i ever shot i bought one when they first came out i cant remember price but it wasn't terrible mine was the 40caliber it was so accurate simple and fun unfortunately i ran on hard times some years back and sold it i miss that gun. recently i saw one for 900 at a local gun store. sry for the ramble just reminiscing:patriot:

Barista

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    South Bend..."Go Irish"
    Okay picture!

Beretta CX4 Storm LE Carbine loaded up with Beretta OEM accessories and Sierra Papa upgrades:
    • 9mm LE Carbine
    • Manual, paperwork, cleaning kit & hardcase
    • 2 PX4 17 round magazines with extra spring and floor plate & mag loader
    • CX4 Storm softcase (not pictured)
    • CX4 Storm sling
    • Picatinny rail (top)
    • Short foregrip with logo
    • 4 Position folding foregrip with logos
    • Accessory rail kit (bottom & side)
    • Accessory rail kit (side x2)
    • Cocking handle for both sides
    • CX4 & 90 series magazine inserts
    • CX4 & 90 series magazine releases
    • Moerse Lekker barrel shroud pictured (updated but not in the picture...Berretta exact same style shoud and not the newer suppressor looking shroud)
    • SierraPapa upgrades of original parts
      • Adjustable aluminum trigger
      • Hammer
      • Hammer spring (reduced power 6.3lbs)
      • Steel recoil spring guide rod
      • High durability recoil buffer pad
      • Bolt to recoil spring link
    Excluding the 92 series magazines (6-20 round Beretta factory magazines with sleeves, 2-30 Beretta factory magazines with sleeves & 4-30 round NON-factory magazines) I have dished out ~$1400.

DSC09745_zpse261b17c.jpg

DSC09730_zps91664a6a.jpg

Last edited:

Crossfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I picked up a slightly used CX4 9mm this past summer for 700 looks like I did well, just checked out Sierrapappa's website looks like I'm going to be ordering some upgraded parts for mine too, love the gun the way it shoots but don't love the trigger pull right now but seems like that's going to be getting much better here right after I change some parts :)

Crossfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    After reading and looking at the sierrapapa site I ended up ordering both the trigger/hammer kit and the steel recoil guide, hd buffer and link kit. Got them installed today and wow what a change on the trigger pull. I have to take it to the range and adjust it yet but so far I feel a vast improvement over the original. It also makes me feel better that all of the major components are now steel/aluminum instead of plastic. I really now have my SHTF gun :-)

Top Bottom