0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Who is Ben Carson and why should anyone care? There's no purple in that... I've never heard of him...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I was watching that episode when Beck asked him that question -- it was embarrassing to watch. His response sounded (and body language-wise) like he obviously hadn't fully thought out this position. Like the author of this article, I believe he isn't a "gun-guy", probably grew up and lived in a gun free environment, and may not even care for them much...and that's OK. He doesn't have to like them as long as he'll stand up and fight to keep the gun-banners at bay and help repeal existing infringements. He must be vetted and I'm pretty sure the press will make sure another Obama never happens again.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I like Ben Carson and think he's a good man.
    BUT I wouldn't want him for President.

I think he would be better in a supporting role in an administration like Surgeon General.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If he wanted to get educated about constitutional rights, he has had the time and resources to take some classes or hire a tutor.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    So, wait a second. There are those on this board, who I would assume to be staunch defenders of constitutional rights, that would vote a man in to the oval office who has already said he doesn't want urban areas to have semi-automatic firearms? :dunno: But I'm sure, he just misspoke or hadn't really thought of the question before.

Wow people, just wow.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, wait a second. There are those on this board, who I would assume to be staunch defenders of constitutional rights, that would vote a man in to the oval office who has already said he doesn't want urban areas to have semi-automatic firearms? :dunno: But I'm sure, he just misspoke or hadn't really thought of the question before.

Wow people, just wow.

1SdrbFz.gif

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    2 Comments -

1) Have any of us ever changed our mind on an issue?
    2) mrj - you keep mentioning "their" candidate in reference to the Republicans... who precisely would "your" candidate be?

I'm inclined to give Carson a listen. He's likely better than some that we might get. I don't know enough about the man to have a completely solid opinion yet. And yeah, if I had to pick today, it would likely be Rand Paul.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    2 Comments -

2) mrj - you keep mentioning "their" candidate in reference to the Republicans... who precisely would "your" candidate be?

I'm inclined to give Carson a listen. He's likely better than some that we might get. I don't know enough about the man to have a completely solid opinion yet. And yeah, if I had to pick today, it would likely be Rand Paul.

Probably the same guy as last time, the honorary chairman of the Our American Initiative. Whom apparently, the legalization of marijuana is a top priority of their initiative.

Our America Initiative - Our America Issues Prevail at the Polls

Of all the things afflicting this country...:rolleyes:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    2 Comments -

Ah yes, I have. But I happen to have a brain as well, and can think critically as to why a candidate would suddenly change his/her stated position.

I'm not saying I wouldn't listen to him, but I am already skeptical. I would say Rand is one of the best candidates out there AFAIK, but I don't think most conservatives, or other parties, want what he preaches. It is much more fun to pretend we have an ideology than to actually act on that ideology and change the system. Smaller government has been a staple of the Republican party for as long as I can remember, yet when was the last time government got smaller under Republicans? It is all smoke and mirrors

Top Bottom