• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    From time to time I post vids from tinkerer's and such. Came across this one today. There is hope for the next generation after all!
    It doesn't fit the legal definition of firearm, so I put this in the break room :(

[video=youtube;IzUoe-9bKa0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzUoe-9bKa0[/video]

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Looks like fun, though I call bs on the watt rating.

I don't understand the ratings. and that's ok. He burned through some plastic monitor housing, and lit some gunpowder. Hell I would have been thrilled to have just popped balloons with one when I was his age! Can't wait to see what he's doing when he's my age.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I don't understand the ratings. and that's ok. He burned through some plastic monitor housing, and lit some gunpowder. Hell I would have been thrilled to have just popped balloons with one when I was his age! Can't wait to see what he's doing when he's my age.

So true. I speak of my grandfather growing up with steam power and horse power (the kind horses have) being mainstream. Before his death, the space shuttle was not even exciting anymore. What will this kid see and do in his lifespan? He seems to have a pretty good start.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Looks like fun, though I call bs on the watt rating.

I have here a laser that claims to be 200mw. Upon closer inspection you will see that the diode pump draws 200mw from the power supply. At the bright end it delivers only .5mw. of visible light.

Mine will pop balloons, mark plastic, light matches ect but It's not really a 200mw laser. The same goes for the kid's cannon. It could draw 200 watts at the back end, but 200 watts at the front end would be punching holes. I'm not punking the kids laser, it sure as hell has mine beat.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'd like a laser that just puts a scorch on paper in a fraction of a second. Put it in an old gun, have the power actuated by the trigger.

Bam, laser target rifle.

Not sure if such a laser exists yet. All the ones that burn paper seem to have to have the laser held on for a couple of seconds before scorching.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Entertaining, but I've seen several industrial cutting lasers and 200 watts seems high for that gadget, fun show though, kid needs to keep up the good work.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

It's probably a good thing I wasn't smart enough to build something like that at his age. I was a little pyro back then as it was. I could have done some serious damage to model cars and plastic army men with that thing! :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So true. I speak of my grandfather growing up with steam power and horse power (the kind horses have) being mainstream. Before his death, the space shuttle was not even exciting anymore. What will this kid see and do in his lifespan? He seems to have a pretty good start.

I think of this all the time. My mom's dad was born in 1879. He didn't make it to the space shuttle but he got to see men land on the moon (he died in 1972). Wish I'd have been able to ask questions that I think of now, but didn't back then. But then again he was stone deaf so he wouldn't have heard them anyway.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I think of this all the time. My mom's dad was born in 1879. He didn't make it to the space shuttle but he got to see men land on the moon (he died in 1972). Wish I'd have been able to ask questions that I think of now, but didn't back then. But then again he was stone deaf so he wouldn't have heard them anyway.

Sucks that he couldn't have landed on the moon. Any one of us could have done that. Damn well should have known better, regardless of age. If y'all can't do better, I can prove that I can land on the moon here and now. Sucks that you can't. 16-17 yr old matters not. ;)

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Cool, Robby.

I, for one, am looking forward to the development of Gauss Guns.

That's easy. You can find them in Space Opera. Space Opera had a great diversity of killing implements.

While Traveler was scifi RPG as well, they only went to PGMP-15's and FGMP-15's. For some reason they never developed Gauss technology.

Regards,

Doug the Nerd

Edit: PGMP = Plasma Gun Man Portable & FGMP = Fusion Gun Man Portable, although both often required the use of Battledress to absorb the recoil and heat.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Am I the only one who thought of this?

601px-DemoMan_043.jpg

Top Bottom