• ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Maybe if people keep doing this..
    You'd think they would realize soon that the majority of us don't give a rats ass about this and the sooner they quit forcing it on us the better off they will be.
    Gay, Trans, whatever. I don't care what you are. I don't want to see it, don't want you forcing it on me or my grandkids.
    I couldn't care less about sports ball, but I think it's totally unacceptable for a man to pretend he's a woman just so he can win by beating a bunch of women. Make a ****in Trans league so all the freaks can compete against each other.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “Nationwide retail sales of Bud Light were down 23.4% versus a year ago in the week of April 29 — worse than the 21.4% decline it suffered a week earlier, according to Bump Williams Consulting and NielsenIQ data.”

“Meanwhile, as beer drinkers discover how many other beer brands fall under the Anheuser-Busch umbrella, the backlash is widening, according to the fresh data.”

“The company’s flagship Budweiser brand took an 11.4% sales hit for the week ended April 29. Sales of Bud’s Michelob Ultra brand — the third-biggest-selling in the US behind No. 1 Bud Light and No. 2 Modelo Especial — were down 4.4%, according to Bump Williams data.”

“It’s not just a Bud Light issue,” said Bump Williams, chief executive of the consultancy.”

“It’s an Anheuser-Busch portfolio problem now.”

“Anheuser-Busch’s smaller US brands also got dinged, with its Natural Light brand down 5.2% and its Busch Light seeing a 1.8% drop.”

“As Anheuser-Busch brands are cratering, their rivals are on the rise, as former customers are now running to Coors Light and Miller, with each up more than 20 percent.”

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think its not because its a "boycott" per se so much as there are enough other market choices that are so comparable that switching doens't really matter.

I always heard about targeted advertising. This is what happens when you take targeting advertising to mass.

Volkswagen was one of the first audiences to target the LBwhatever letters should be here....and their sales have shown they are favored by that community, but they didn't take their ads out of materials targeted to that audience and run a Super Bowl ad with the same content.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “Financial services company HSBC formally downgraded Anheuser-Busch InBev stock to "hold" this week as a result of the ongoing blowback to the Bud Light brand's embrace of transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney that caused sales of the product to plummet — potentially upwards of 25 percent — in April.“

“First reported by CNBC, HSBC's Carlos Laboy — a managing director in the company's global beverage sector — didn't mince words about what's happened to Anheuser-Busch InBev (ABI) amid its "Bud Light crisis" as a result of its evidently shortsighted plunge into a culture war battle that alienated and angered customers, causing "deeper problems than ABI admits."

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I remember when Carter was in office we had Billy Beer. Now we have a fully woke company with Democrat beers.

Seen their woke ad on FB and had to find something I could share on INGO.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I forget what video I watched, but it was about the "woke beer".
    Lots of good comments. about alienating half their pool of customers.
    Some thanking them for letting them know to not buy any.
    Stuff like that.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have no problem with a brewery selling itself as woke, that might appeal to.0001% of beer geeks, some beer geeks might even seek their beers out just for the sake of trying something different, but most won’t even ever know about them. They are literally a grain of sand on a massive beach.

If that’s the path they choose to try to become successful, whatever, at least they’re up front about it, and most normal people will stay far away from them.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    WOW, it really is working.

The Wall Street Journal reported:

The brewer recently told its wholesalers that it would buy back unsold cases of beer that have gone past their expiration date.

Top Bottom