• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “Anson Frericks, the former president of Anheuser Busch Sales & Distribution Company, openly called for the alcohol behemoth’s chief executive to step down in the wake of its financially devastating partnership with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney.”

“We just had 600 workers that one of the Anheuser suppliers . . . just laid off,” the former executive told FOX Business Network on Monday. “Unfortunately, there’s gonna be more workers laid off [unless] we can find the CEO who is going to successfully and confidently address the situation.”

“Frericks pulled no punches when placing the blame squarely on U.S. CEO Brendan Whitworth.”

“Whitworth has had three chances to come and clearly articulate that this campaign was not in the best interest of Anheuser-Busch shareholders,” Frericks said.”

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    As a homebrewer and an avid craft beer consumer. This has never affected me. I have no problem shelling out a few extra bucks to enjoy a better beer and support America's smaller businesses. In fact, some of the best beer I have found thru out this country has been from small independent breweries where the only place you can buy their product is in their Taprooms.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “If there was a better metaphorical portrayal of the storm that hit their company, I don’t know it. This shows the storm blowing everything over, even what appears to be the blue Bud Light can. You can’t even see the Bud Light name. While there’s a real woman in this ad, she’s portrayed as obliviously devouring the watermelon, as though pretending that nothing is happening. Yet they still want to say everything is “fine, this is fine” when it isn’t.”

“As some wags on social media observed, this ad is an “inside look” at what’s happening to Bud Light and their cluelessness. When no one is drinking the beer and it’s just blowing away, it’s not a great look. They previously had an ad showing men grunting to try to appeal to men. They show the same lack of perception in their portrayal of the woman here. I’m not even sure what this ad is supposed to be saying to people about their brand if you take away all the controversy.”

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    “If there was a better metaphorical portrayal of the storm that hit their company, I don’t know it. This shows the storm blowing everything over, even what appears to be the blue Bud Light can. You can’t even see the Bud Light name. While there’s a real woman in this ad, she’s portrayed as obliviously devouring the watermelon, as though pretending that nothing is happening. Yet they still want to say everything is “fine, this is fine” when it isn’t.”

“As some wags on social media observed, this ad is an “inside look” at what’s happening to Bud Light and their cluelessness. When no one is drinking the beer and it’s just blowing away, it’s not a great look. They previously had an ad showing men grunting to try to appeal to men. They show the same lack of perception in their portrayal of the woman here. I’m not even sure what this ad is supposed to be saying to people about their brand if you take away all the controversy.”

I’m guessing butt light falls into the same category as most other ad agencies. They know damn well that most are offended by their ideology, but they don’t care, and attempt to be clever and smarmy about thinking they’re getting one over on the masses. They’re too far lost in their retarded agenda to even realize the damage they’ve done to themselves.

If you’re an older person, you remember the days when commercials were targeted at the audience that was watching a particular show. I see commercials now that, after it ends, I’m just shaking my head asking “what the **** was that, and what was it supposed to be advertising”. The agenda is more important than selling the product.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What will happen with these bands that are participating in the bud light concert series? Will folks even come see them play?

Article at the MSN link.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “Consumers have made a choice,” said an executive at a Texas-based beer distributor who did not want to be identified. “They have left [Bud Light] and that’s how it’s going to be. I don’t envision a big percentage of them coming back.”

Top Bottom