Bayonets.. EVERY RIFLE NEEDS ONE... (almost)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Tonight was bayonet cleaning and oiling night..

However. It brings me to a point.

1: I firmly believe that every combat rifle needs a Bayonet. Yes EVERY rifle. From Carbine, to Infantry Rifle to your Designated Marksman Rifle.. heck even my Match AR has one.
    2: More importantly, Absolutely every combat shotgun should have one. It is even MORE imperative for a Shotgun.. the ammo is big heavy, and the rounds capacity is low.

Okay if its some scoped bolt action precision sniper thing, yeah those don't need Bayonets, because if your choosing to carry one of those. You really need to have a carbine with a bayonet as a backup.

Why?
    1: Intimidation.. A rifle/shotgun with a Bayonet mounted is an intimidating thing. Maybe that is enough to make a would be assailant move on.
    2: Last Ditch.. what happens when you run out of ammo. Okay pistol, yes, but those run dry too... A rifle with a bayonet is still a very effective weapon.

What says Ingo?

(And yes, I know I need an M2 flick knife, and a M3 knife. Then I would have everything from an M1 to an M9. They skipped M8)

Attachments

• 100_0108.JPG
      100_0108.JPG
      392.1 KB · Views: 23

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Tonight was bayonet cleaning and oiling night..

However. It brings me to a point.

1: I firmly believe that every combat rifle needs a Bayonet. Yes EVERY rifle. From Carbine, to Infantry Rifle to your Designated Marksman Rifle.. heck even my Match AR has one.
    2: More importantly, Absolutely every combat shotgun should have one. It is even MORE imperative for a Shotgun.. the ammo is big heavy, and the rounds capacity is low.

Okay if its some scoped bolt action precision sniper thing, yeah those don't need Bayonets, because if your choosing to carry one of those. You really need to have a carbine with a bayonet as a backup.

Why?
    1: Intimidation.. A rifle/shotgun with a Bayonet mounted is an intimidating thing. Maybe that is enough to make a would be assailant move on.
    2: Last Ditch.. what happens when you run out of ammo. Okay pistol, yes, but those run dry too... A rifle with a bayonet is still a very effective weapon.

What says Ingo?

(And yes, I know I need an M2 flick knife, and a M3 knife. Then I would have everything from an M1 to an M9. They skipped M8)
    This Eskimo isn't buying your ice. Just ridiculous for you to say what you did.

sell33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2013
    Delaware County
    I don’t hate the idea on a shotgun…I don’t think I’ll be adding any to rifles. Do you prefer the m7 or just have numerous because they are so much more affordable?

Pic because my 590 with bayonet attached is awesome.

Attachments

• 22001A07-6BD1-4F60-A3D8-DFB50A4C552B.jpeg
      22001A07-6BD1-4F60-A3D8-DFB50A4C552B.jpeg
      313.3 KB · Views: 37

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I don’t hate the idea on a shotgun…I don’t think I’ll be adding any to rifles. Do you prefer the m7 or just have numerous because they are so much more affordable?

Pic because my 590 with bayonet attached is awesome.
    As a Bayonet, the M7/M9 is a wash. The M9 makes a better tool, but they are heavier then the M7.

Mine is a original Phrobis first production with the pouch sheath.

IMG_0364.jpg

I really do need to get an OKC-3S, of all the US Bayonet designs, it is the best.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    No rifle should be without a bayonet.

05-1404-rifle_2.jpg

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    As a Bayonet, the M7/M9 is a wash. The M9 makes a better tool, but they are heavier then the M7.

View attachment 257938

I really do need to get an OKC-3S, of all the US Bayonet designs, it is the best.
    Does that Bayo fit snugly on a Carbine? I know the M7 rattles around on a 16” Carbine.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

View attachment 257938

You call that a bayonet? That's no bayonet...

THESE are bayonets! ;)

1677249444137.jpeg 1677249529771.jpeg

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Does that Bayo fit snugly on a Carbine? I know the M7 rattles around on a 16” Carbine.
    Its a 14.5 pinned and welded with an extended A2 flash hider. Factory made from BCM. The A2 flash hider is slightly longer. This enables the Bayonet to mount right

16 inch ARs should always be made with the Mid Length gas system, they shoot better.. and fit a bayonet.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    One of the bayonets used on the Navy model Spencer. Unlike those spiky Army things (which are only good for a candle holder or for roasting meat over a fire when not on the rifle), the Navy bayonet is till a usable weapon when unmounted.
    View attachment 258025
    I have one of those, but unfortunately not the rifle to go with it.

Top Bottom