Bayonets.. EVERY RIFLE NEEDS ONE... (almost)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Dang it.
    Now you guys got me thinking again about my Colt AR HBAR sporter.
    That DOESN'T have a bayonet lug.
    Probably never use or need one.
    But of course, I hate that it's 'neutered' without one.
    Ugh those post AWB colt abominations. But you gotta do what you gotta do, pound out those taper pins and put a proper FSB with lug on it. And depending on the model, you may need to thread the muzzle (the last ones of these just had a target crown)

Honestly on some of them, your money ahead to just re-barrel the thing.

I am lucky enough to have an A2 White Oak Armory national match upper.. and even with all the match upgrades, it will still mount the bayonet.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I do have a rifle that this fits on ! :alright:

i-2Gj73wt-XL.jpg

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Thanks OP, another expensive rabbit hole I've gone down now. Looks like Sig makes a rail mounted bayonet mount that is a little more financially practical than the one from Geissle. I know, shocker that Geissle didn't have lower prices than the other options right!?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thanks OP, another expensive rabbit hole I've gone down now. Looks like Sig makes a rail mounted bayonet mount that is a little more financially practical than the one from Geissle. I know, shocker that Geissle didn't have lower prices than the other options right!?
    Yeah that rail mount thing is overly expensive. Thankfully a lot of rifles have OEM ways to mount a bayonet, or surplus parts that can be purchased to mount bayonets

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Everything needs a bayonet. Except those things that don’t. I do t think “everything “ means what you think it means.
    What I mean specifically, is anything that you use in a tactical role, that isn't a machine gun, smg, pistol, or precision bolt action.

What should always be able to take a Bayonet in my opinion.

Scout Rifle, Tactical Carbine, Tactical Rifle, Select Fire Rifle, Designated Marksman Rifle, and Combat Shotgun.

The Marines have the right idea, they made H&K put a bayonet lug on the new M27 IAR, much to the consternation of H&K

m27stab.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I took a Pattern 1907 bayonet and had my knife guy make a custom handle for it. Now it's a supper stabby, and very quick in hand short sword.

1907 sword bayonet.JPG

I have a second one I was thinking of turning into a sword cane, but now I'm thinking it may find a home on the end of my SBR...
    A 17" bayonet at the end of the 11.5" barrel should get me a good 10" of steel poking out in front, even with the can on if I can figure out a way to mount it.

What makes the green grass grow?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I took a Pattern 1907 bayonet and had my knife guy make a custom handle for it. Now it's a supper stabby, and very quick in hand short sword.

View attachment 258513

I have a second one I was thinking of turning into a sword cane, but now I'm thinking it may find a home on the end of my SBR...
    A 17" bayonet at the end of the 11.5" barrel should get me a good 10" of steel poking out in front, even with the can on if I can figure out a way to mount it.

What makes the green grass grow?
    Where there is a will, there is a way. The Turks took some old Mauser bayonets and adapted them to the M1 Garands they had.

T.M5.mb.JPG

Top Bottom