• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Honest question , why does a battle rifle not have optics? I would consider an FAL to be a battle rifle, and while it has to be modernized slightly it can attach optics. Optics in this day and age are such a huge advantage IMHO it is foolish to give up that capability.
    I think it depends on if you intrepret it as a "classic" battle rifle or a "modern"

In my mind a battle rifle is an older concept that should be wood and steel with a full auto mode effectively ruining any chance of hitting a point target.

But of course there are still modern ones that still serve well today. Sweden's AK4 has been modernized to use optics. The SCAR 17 has seen a lot of use as well.

I like both sides of the fence on this one.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I believe this is the one he showed pics as he was making this one. He will be along to give the post soon enough. It is a beautiful scout gun...

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I'd like to know the story on that one.
    As mentioned I did share the build here, but the photos have disappeared when I had troubles with offsite photo posting... Here's the story.

Here's the photos.

IMG_4932.JPG

IMG_4933.JPG

IMG_4936.JPG

No1 Mk4 Scout on Princess Rock 2.JPG
    .303 SP.JPG

And now it has the red dot as you see it in the above post.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    As mentioned I did share the build here, but the photos have disappeared when I had troubles with offsite photo posting... Here's the story.

Here's the photos.

View attachment 185620

View attachment 185621

View attachment 185622

View attachment 185625
    View attachment 185623

And now it has the red dot as you see it in the above post.
    This is outstanding. I can appreciate the level of attention you put into that Enfield. A project like this could have been easily "bubba'd" but it really has turned out looking correct.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Which battle?
    MO8f5PL.jpg

I wanna do a display rack like this someday. I don't have the mil-surp rifles I had a few years ago though. Starting over on my collection.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    In my mind a battle rifle is an older concept that should be wood and steel with a full auto mode effectively ruining any chance of hitting a point target.
    I can see your point if your definition was true. Having competed in both NM medium range (up to 600 yarda) , Long range and PALMA Service rifle class with an M1a, I can assure you an iron sighted battle rifle can have more impact on a target than you give it credit. Palma is 800, 900, and 1000 yards. The goal is to put the bullets into a circle the size of a mans head. I was able to do that just under 96% of the time.

There is one long range match at the National Championships that allows "any sight" including scopes. I used a scope for that one. I scored just under 96%. The scope bought me no extra chance of hitting the target from an accuracy standpoint.

Once the arrow is a reasonable quality, the rest is up to the Indian

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Battle and assault shouldn't define the firearm or it characteristics. Democrats are good at that and you see how they use that against us. Those terms define the action in which the arms are being used. A battle rifle is any rifle in my hands at the time of the fight

Top Bottom