Last edited:

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    The Mini 30 also tends not to like the Com Bloc style steel 7.62 around.
    How so? Modularity is pretty much no go. Can't mount optics or lights easily. Only the factory mags work reliably. It's actually a really poor system
    I didn't say it was as good as an AR...I just said it was underrated.

Accuracy is as good or better than the AK platform. Aside from not working well with Tula Ammo (No rifle system other than AK does), reliability is acceptable. You can mount optics quite easily, much easier than the AK platform; it has both scope rings and a rail option. While it isn't as modular as the AR platform (what is?), it does accept the 7.62x39 Ruger American magazines.

To each his/her own, but I wouldn't take a dump on the rifle like others tend to. I bought it for the ability to mount a scope, while still using the 7.62x39 caliber. I've always accepted the fact that it won't shoot steel rounds, so I bought the cheapest brass cased (also runs Hornady black fine) ammo I could find. Also, at the time an AR in 7.62x39 wasn't a thing yet. I don't think even the CMMG Mutant was out, and that was more expensive than the mini 30.

Last edited:

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    I built it part by part. It has a faxon 308 18" pencil barrel in it, and a RRA national match 2 stage trigger.
    Other than furniture it's all aero except for that.

I've been sick since the prism came in so I haven't been able to go shoot it at any distance. I had a 1x prism on first which I shot a bit with, and was also excellent.

And yeah, it has an adjustable diopter.
    I used the 18” Faxon Big Gunner in mine. Without optics it weighs in at 8.4lbs with an empty mag. I went with a Vortex 1-6. The only thing left to get is some offset iron sights.

Attachments

• CACFA7CD-B46F-4287-9739-4123E28FFB62.jpeg
      CACFA7CD-B46F-4287-9739-4123E28FFB62.jpeg
      294.5 KB · Views: 5
    Top Bottom