• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Comments to the end of what? Are we expected in mass to provide "good reasons" why they shouldn't proceed? Or comments simply stating opposition? Will they supposedly reconsider their position upon receiving XX-million number of "comments"?

This is the thing that weirds me out. They usually never ask for coments. They usually just DO it.

The Army was trying to replace M855 anyway. And the replacement was not going to be a penetrator.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What weirds me out is they asked for Public comment. Like they know they can't do it, but just want to start a panic. Or are keeping our attention elsewhere while they do something else.
    Maybe they want to sell some ammo, and wanted to inflate the price.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Keep in mind that this is the exact same ATFE that deliberately walked over a thousand automatic weapons south of the border to drug smugglers.
    The hypocrisy is strong with this one, and damn straight they need their legs cut out from under them.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    After I, hypothetically acquired a few thousand additional rounds before the impending panic price hike (not too shabby at .26 a round), I wrote the BATFE and my legislators, and The White House. I'm going boating in an hour or two, with all of my guns stacked on top of all my ammo in a dilapidated and leaky canoe. That is all...out.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Keep in mind that this is the exact same ATFE that deliberately walked over a thousand automatic weapons south of the border to drug smugglers.
    The hypocrisy is strong with this one, and damn straight they need their legs cut out from under them.

And it's the same government that sends SAMs to the middle east that end up in the hands of the terrorists.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    I hate this attitude people get, that "it doesn't effect me, so, meh. The government can infringe on everyone but me." I think m855 is crap, Ive used enough in the Army, so it doesn't have a novelty to me, and the studies have born out it doesn't defeat barriers all that well, and it has lousy terminal ballistics. But if the BATFE decided to ban low brass 2 3/4 12 ga shells, would it be ok if I didn't care? I don't shoot trap or skeet, and I don't do any bird hunting. So it doesn't effect me. The point is, these pricks arbitrarily run rough shod over our sport, just to keep themselves awake after lunch on a Tuesday. In no universe am I ok with that, even though I could care less about m855.

EXACTLY !!!!!!

those to take that attitude YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE !!!! should be ashamed of themselves. pitiful excuses of gunowners

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I implore each and every person on this forum to please send a comment to: APAComments@atf.gov in regards to 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(17)(C).

Don't just complain about the over reach of government on this forum, tell them that this is unacceptable.

Most of us probably don't even use M855/SS109 ammo, I have on occasion and it's fun with some car steal. But this is a clear case of government pushing gun restrictions without even voting on it. Not only that, but this can very easily fall into the 'slippery slope' situation. If they want to redefine M855 ammo as armor piercing because it can be used in an AR pistol, then what about every rifle caliber that fits in a pistol? Standard 223/556 ball ammo will go through Kevlar just as easily as a steel core, so does that make it armor piercing as well?

This has the same flavor as the talks not so long ago of wanting to classify Semi-autos in the same category as suppressors and SBRs and require a tax stamp in the very least.

Again, please let yourselves be heard not just on the forum, but on the doorsteps of the tyrants. I hate to think we're going to go out in a whimper instead of a thunderous war cry.

Thanks for this. I don't shoot this ammo or even shoot the AR much, but I am fully on board with your statement.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Purple.

Gun owners can't be bothered to side with liberties not involving guns or themselves so why should non gun owners give a rats ass about issues like this?

Thanks for the clarification. From your other posts I have seen, I assumed your original was sarcasasm.

Top Bottom