• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redlegrod

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I have been thinking about getting my son and I some basic firearms training. Can someone recommend somewhere to go? I live in the sticks of N. Central Indiana. The closest big town to me would be Kokomo. Thanks for your time!

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    What do you want to learn?

Without more detail, I'd recommend you take an NRA Basic Pistol class. There should be a few taught in your neck of the woods.

redlegrod

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    What do you want to learn?

Without more detail, I'd recommend you take an NRA Basic Pistol class. There should be a few taught in your neck of the woods.

That would probably be great. I just want to take my teenage son so that he can learn from another. I have found he thinks I'm no longer as smart as I used to be. Must be a teenager thing! lol

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    That would probably be great. I just want to take my teenage son so that he can learn from another. I have found he thinks I'm no longer as smart as I used to be. Must be a teenager thing! lol

So true. Training loved ones doesn't always end well.

NRA classes are a good place to start. There are several instructors here that offer classes. Guy (Tactical Firearms Training, LLC) is starting up again at Eagle Creek soon. You should check his schedule to see if there are dates that work for you.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Just glancing at an Indiana map, it appears you are about equidistant from both Fort Wayne and Indiamapolis.

Please look through my website, www.iftnra.com and feel free to call or e-mail if you need any more information or have question.

Just finished an NRA Basic Pistol class today. The next is Saturday, March 10.

Best regards,
    Bob Aldridge
    260-459-2382

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    For rifle training, you might check out Appleseed (look in the advertiser sub-forum). Great training, great history, and a great way for a father and son to spend a weekend together.

Top Bottom