• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Bug answered this well, but as far as enforcement the brainwashed children will turn in their parents like many who called authorities just to report that their parents were in DC for the rally.

Yet more evidence that we are living in an increasingly Orwellian world.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I bought my OWB in 2001 and was told all this nonsense then. Received all kind of mail for the 15 years i lived there and never seen anything happen

i suspect they would use the insurance companies when they are tired of the self sufficient

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Bug answered this well, but as far as enforcement the brainwashed children will turn in their parents like many who called authorities just to report that their parents were in DC for the rally.

Those little bastards would be out the door before they could get their shoes on. Go have .gov take care of you. Disowned.

100% factual in this household, wife feels the same, ask my kids they'll tell you.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    Back in the early 90"s was looking to buy a new buck stove, they were putting catalytic converters in them at that time, went ahead and bought one as i figured they would be requiring that soon, i don't cut or burn wood any more due to insurance premiums went sky high to have a woodburner in the house!!!!!
    I've be checking out the new models lately. They had to conform to the new efficiency after the Clean Air Act. They look pretty nice. Not sure if I would replace mine unless I really needed to though.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I've be checking out the new models lately. They had to conform to the new efficiency after the Clean Air Act. They look pretty nice. Not sure if I would replace mine unless I really needed to though.
    They are all smaller now as well. No more of the huge wood stoves.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Don't see a link on their website, but WTHR just aired a bit about the health risks of burning wood. Saying that a wood burning stove produces as much pollution as 5 old diesel burning trucks. :rolleyes:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Don't see a link on their website, but WTHR just aired a bit about the health risks of burning wood. Saying that a wood burning stove produces as much pollution as 5 old diesel burning trucks. :rolleyes:
    If vents are properly tuned with properly seasoned wood, I call bull:poop:.

Now if we switch the conversation to leaves, I wouldnt be surprised.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I haven't had a fire in the fireplace yet this year. I think the cat is unhappy about that. She's been sitting in front of the fireplace staring at it off and on for the past couple of days. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Those little bastards would be out the door before they could get their shoes on. Go have .gov take care of you. Disowned.

100% factual in this household, wife feels the same, ask my kids they'll tell you.
    Bingo.
    When the schools started indoctrinating the kids to snitch on Mom and Dad I let them know they would be in far deeper Kimchee when I got out that any other time in their lives to date.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Today this is the only way.....:)

3Hq7RPF.jpg

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango
    I’ll let you all read the liberal version of the story. You can also read the Denver post liberal version as well.

Then I’ll tell you what really happened with this nonsense.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I don’t post much but this has to stop.

In a phone interview before the lawsuit was filed, Cody Sanders denied that he burns anything but wood and coal.

In other news, Cody works at a nearby plant that makes PVC dimensional lumber and is often seen carting truckloads of scrap "wood" home.

OK, so I added that second line. :):

But seriously, It sounds like the guy has absolutely zero clue how to run his boiler, or really is burning stuff besides coal and wood. The latter is my guess. Because fuel aint cheap, and when you have lots of burnable consumables packaging, why not? its a win-win. I get heat and I dont have to pay for trash service.

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

I don’t post much but this has to stop.

Again, my comment was specifically about ENFORCEMENT of federal laws. Not about whether similar state laws are being enforced elsewhere, or whether federal laws exist in the first place. What federal laws are being enforced against burning wood in Indiana? A law is useless without enforcement. Federal agencies won’t be coming to your house because you have a chimney. Local LE doesn’t enforce federal laws. Without Indiana having something on the books about this, who does that leave to make these laws have meaning? My point is people are getting keyed up about a moot point.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom