• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    As I was banking the wood furnace this morning I recalled something from the obama years. I remember an article that described proposed legislation that included the ban on burning solid fuels. While I admit there is plenty to be concerned about already, I expect that idea to be part of environmental bills floated in the next two years. By the way, I did a search in the attempt to resurrect an archived thread but found nothing relevant. If anyone is aware of a more fitting thread, I would defer to that.
    You're right, there is plenty to be worried about already. It isn't worth getting upset about something you think they may try to introduce. We aren't even talking about rumored to be coming here.

Are people so desperate to feel under attack that they will dream up ways it might happen?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You're right, there is plenty to be worried about already. It isn't worth getting upset about something you think they may try to introduce. We aren't even talking about rumored to be coming here.

Are people so desperate to feel under attack that they will dream up ways it might happen?
    No I trully believe we have been ran over lied too pushed around and beat back into a corner for so long we are just ready for the next jab and possibly right hook.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No I trully believe we have been ran over lied too pushed around and beat back into a corner for so long we are just ready for the next jab and possibly right hook.
    Which is fine, but we need to try to focus on the actual threats, not on phantom ones.

When you start worrying about stuff that hasn't even been rumored yet, you are only hurting yourself. People will cause themselves even more stress, which will affect their health and could possibly drive themselves to do stuff that will play into the hands of those they dislike so much.

A clear reasoned head is going to be necessary to "resist" what they want to do.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I mean right now a stroke of a pen is literally ruining lives. And we have no idea to know what the next EO will be.....

just ask the pipeline guys and or the people in New Mexico that are now the choke point of the border wall.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    I mean right now a stroke of a pen is literally ruining lives. And we have no idea to know what the next EO will be.....

just ask the pipeline guys and or the people in New Mexico that are now the choke point of the border wall.
    I do agree with that sentiment. However, Greenpeace realized a great victory in 2015, in the form of The Clean Air Act. But many at the time felt it didn't go far enough. It was supposed to take full effect in 2020. Trump sought a three year delay to that in 2019. Off the top of my head, I don't know if he was successful in that attempt. Reversing all that Trump did provided a "to do" list for the current bunch in power now. With the Clean Air Act already in place, a democratic majority in congress, and a willingness to go further than obama did, I feel my concerns are not about a phantom. I would say it's more of a likelihood, that I am being watchful for.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How could this ever be enforced on the average person? Local LE wouldn’t be enforcing federal laws on burning firewood.
    Stop being pragmatic - you need to start getting outraged about laws that doesn't exist yet. Why limit the outrage to laws that do exist when you blame democrats for ones that are merely rumors and inuendo?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How could this ever be enforced on the average person? Local LE wouldn’t be enforcing federal laws on burning firewood.

Bug answered this well, but as far as enforcement the brainwashed children will turn in their parents like many who called authorities just to report that their parents were in DC for the rally.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Stop being pragmatic - you need to start getting outraged about laws that doesn't exist yet. Why limit the outrage to laws that do exist when you blame democrats for ones that are merely rumors and inuendo?

Why purple? The international globalists and their far reaching international laws already exist, why wait until local enforcement begins? Another example of old paradigm thinking.

"NIP IT IN THE BUD" Barney Fife...

Howardda

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2020
    Richmond
    I wouldn't think so but I could see them using the health department as they do now with the masks, or finding some way for EPA enforcement. They would gaslight the public and make them think that the individual was the bad guy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How? Just ask Shelby County Health Dept. They have hired a security company to go around enforcing mask orders.

"Deputize" private security contractors who can then wander around responding to snitches, and looking for smoke. I could see them issuing FLIR devices to watch for somebody who has their woodstove running hot and "clean".

If this theoretical bill were to pass enforcing would be pretty damn easy. "where there's smoke, there is fire. "

But I also agree with others. Dont sweat it until bills are actually drafted. Worrying about what COULD happen will drive us all nuts. We have plenty of actual proposed bills to stress over.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Back in the early 90"s was looking to buy a new buck stove, they were putting catalytic converters in them at that time, went ahead and bought one as i figured they would be requiring that soon, i don't cut or burn wood any more due to insurance premiums went sky high to have a woodburner in the house!!!!!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Back in the early 90"s was looking to buy a new buck stove, they were putting catalytic converters in them at that time, went ahead and bought one as i figured they would be requiring that soon, i don't cut or burn wood any more due to insurance premiums went sky high to have a woodburner in the house!!!!!

What questions were they asking to determine this? Was it on an application? Many homes have fireplaces or wood stoves, but I have not heard complaints of this before? Now if the wood stove was the only heat source I could get that, but wood stove is usually a secondary source for most and if one has another heat source and said wood stove was primary they screwed up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bug answered this well, but as far as enforcement the brainwashed children will turn in their parents like many who called authorities just to report that their parents were in DC for the rally.
    Did this really happen....seriously.

OMGIH there would be hell to pay.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    Years ago, I considered getting a quote from American Family Insurance for home owners policy. The agent came out to do an inspection. He said everything looked ok except I would have to permanently remove the wood stove. I had just installed a high efficiency propane furnace and told him that I only burn wood as a back up. He took pictures of the installation of the wood furnace to prove that it was installed properly and said he would get back to me. A couple days later he called to tell me their underwriters didn’t want to make an exception despite it being installed properly. I was disappointed because overall they’re a good company. I have had other policies with them in the past.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Our house was just inspected and refinanced to take advantage of the insane low rates before the douche bag in charge ****s all that up. New home owners policy and all. Never a mention of the wood stove.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Did this really happen....seriously.

OMGIH there would be hell to pay.

The news here.

This propaganda was too good not to post, shows the brainwashing in action.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The news here.

This propaganda was too good not to post, shows the brainwashing in action.

Yeah that sounds all to familiar these days.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    Our house was just inspected and refinanced to take advantage of the insane low rates before the douche bag in charge ****s all that up. New home owners policy and all. Never a mention of the wood stove.
    Yes, I'm glad we have some choices out there in terms of good insurance coverage. My current coverage is through Indiana Farm Bureau. They only looked at the outside of the house prior to starting the policy. Nothing ever was said or asked about wood burning.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It is not based on anything in federal law but state laws.

You can not even build a new home with a fireplace or wood burner in California(at least 7 of the largest counties) currently.

You can google it but currently, it is illegal to burn in a fireplace or stove in a home in 7 counties.
    So, how does that work for smoking meats and other food?

(BTW, California sucks.)

Top Bottom