• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Several people seem to think that since someone (maybe more than one) else "checked" the gun, the one holding and working the gun does not need to check the gun also.

Let me pose this question. If you are at a gun shop and ask to see any gun behind the counter. The staff member gets the gun, checks the gun for safety, and then hands you the gun. Do you then check to make sure it is unloaded and safe. If you answered no, you should not be around firearms.

If I hand it off to someone else, I check it again when they hand it back to me. Even if I watched them the entire time they handled the gun. I always check a gun someone hands to me,every time, and I am not pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Anyway.....I'm convinced that Baldwin talked himself into a criminal charge by claiming he didn't pull the trigger, then the lab showing the gun had no defects.

Honestly, he may think he didn't pull the trigger and I'm not sure criminal charges are necessary, but when you make a verifiably false statement, it has a tendency to make people think you feel blameworthy.

Pie hole- shut.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Now it’s over…
    z0EdV1o.jpg

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This assistant director, David Halls, handed him the gun and proclaimed it was cold. He already has his plea deal in place.

He's also filed a countersuit in the case
    Looks like they are all suing each other.

Tristen1997

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2023
    West Indianapolis
    I think Baldwin is an easy target for scrutiny here with his stance on gun ownership. I do think he should be held accountable. But I would truthfully like to know if other actors investigate the chamber before they fire a firearm on set that supposedly has blanks in it. I think you would find they treat it as nothing but a prop and the same thing could have happened to them. In my opinion, technology has come too far for movies to still need to use blanks in a fully functioning firearm and aiming it at real people. If I can see a movie with an 8 foot tall blue person doing a backflip off of a dragon and shooting an arrow through a helicopter pilots face, we probably don’t need fully functioning firearms on movie sets.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I think Baldwin is an easy target for scrutiny here with his stance on gun ownership. I do think he should be held accountable. But I would truthfully like to know if other actors investigate the chamber before they fire a firearm on set that supposedly has blanks in it. I think you would find they treat it as nothing but a prop and the same thing could have happened to them. In my opinion, technology has come too far for movies to still need to use blanks in a fully functioning firearm and aiming it at real people. If I can see a movie with an 8 foot tall blue person doing a backflip off of a dragon and shooting an arrow through a helicopter pilots face, we probably don’t need fully functioning firearms on movie sets.
    I will apologize if wrong, but did you just start another account after getting shootered earlier in this thread?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Several people seem to think that since someone (maybe more than one) else "checked" the gun, the one holding and working the gun does not need to check the gun also.

Let me pose this question. If you are at a gun shop and ask to see any gun behind the counter. The staff member gets the gun, checks the gun for safety, and then hands you the gun. Do you then check to make sure it is unloaded and safe. If you answered no, you should not be around firearms.

If I hand it off to someone else, I check it again when they hand it back to me. Even if I watched them the entire time they handled the gun. I always check a gun someone hands to me,every time, and I am not pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger.
    Back in the late 80's I was showing this Ruger GP100 to my cousin. I had it loaded with Blazer aluminum 125 grain jhp ammo. I opened the cylinder and dumped it into my hand, closed it and handed the pistol to my cousin. He asked me if I minded him re-checking the cylinder to which I said no problem. He did so and a single round had stuck in. Tragedy avoided.

If we were doing stuff like that before the 80's even then why the hell didn't he do it in this day and age?

My first thought is that he couldn't be bothered to do things that he had people for. Well that didn't work out well for him and even less well for a couple other people.

Top Bottom