• ...and so much more!
  • Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I work on the SW side of Fort Wayne. I see mature eagles once a week or so. Saw an immature one today closeup. That's the ones most folks think are the Goldens. There are three nests between Fort Wayne and Huntington. You can see two of them from Hwy 24, another off Engle Road. Just awesome to see.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Saw one on the lake just east of Salem off 56. My brother in law says there is a pair that stays there.
    Been on a Job on Cordry lake for a couple weeks and I'm pretty sure I saw one first thing in the morning hunting over the lake.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I have seen 3 within the last month here. One flying around my neighborhood in Dyer. One in North Judson at the Kankakee Fish and Wildlife Area, and the third in Hebron at the Grand Kankakees Marsh county park

This was the one in Dyer. I was on my way to work when I saw it flying and the tree it landed in was a good 75+ yards away. Apologize for the crap cellphone picture. It's directly in the center of the picture in case it's hard to see.
    20151122_090455.jpg

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    There is at least one pair at Bass Lake. maybe more. The people living in that area post pictures on Facebook all the time of them.

Wow, I'll have to pay more attention when i travel around the lake. I see lots of small an larger hawks every now an then when traveling down 8. Though one sitting on a power line was even a falcon by the shape of the head but hard to make out.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I have seen 3 within the last month here. One flying around my neighborhood in Dyer. One in North Judson at the Kankakee Fish and Wildlife Area, and the third in Hebron at the Grand Kankakees Marsh county park

This was the one in Dyer. I was on my way to work when I saw it flying and the tree it landed in was a good 75+ yards away. Apologize for the crap cellphone picture. It's directly in the center of the picture in case it's hard to see.
    View attachment 43507

Thats a pretty good pic for a cell phone at that distance. It's amazing these day how much most dont even notice the wildlife up above. I gota really start connectng with nature as i did when growing up in the 80's without all this electronic crap. Thats what make kids fat an lazy with no morals these days....... thanks for this great thread an the pics an stories....

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    This is one of the pictures from Bass Lake. This one was posted a year ago, but there are a lot that have been posted since then.

eagle.jpg

CMB69

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Indy
    A very close friend is employed at the Defense Finance Center at old Ft. Harrison. One day he was leaving the building and something caused him to look up. Saw an adult Bald Eagle perched on top of the 50-60 ft. tall flag pole, moving it's head occasionally. Finally spread it's wings and took off. He said it was one of the neatest things he had every seen.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I live on a small lake in the "lakes area" of northern IN. We do have a very few pairs that nest in the area and so occasionally see one. The last several years have usually seen at least one from my living room window late in the year ( week of Thanksgiving is common ) "hunting" coots...either circling overhead or sitting in a tree top. Just yesterday morning commented to my wife that I have not seen one this fall. Late in the afternoon caught a glimpse of something thru upper windows, looked, and one was cruising by at about tree top level. Only saw for a couple seconds before it disappeared. Ran out on deck hoping it had landed but it was gone. Even those couple seconds of seeing it made my day. I LOVE seeing them...truly magnificent birds.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Saw another by Pendleton on I69 yesterday. It was sitting on the back of a bench by those little cabins next to the highway. It was in the cornfield eating roadkill on the way back north.

Lucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I had two young (still dark colored) feeding on a 'possum that thought eating my ducks eggs was a good idea. South of Shelbyville on Big Blue River.

Top Bottom