• ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    If I cut your hair, will you fix my toilets? :dunno:

I wonder if the Barber ever had a "Dumb and Dumber" experience in the bathroom and offerd a free cut if he took care of it...... would it be wroth it? To me...... better be more then one free cut haha.

I had to clean out a trashed Frat house at ISU a few years back after a huge party that trashed the place (people that run the place now refuse to install carpet).... the bathroom was so bad that we just dumped cleaner all over..... same for the kitched... smelled so bad it made you want to puke.......

The toilet was so cogged up it took a snake and a de-clogger that they kept behined the counter at the hardware store.... and an hour of snaking.... that was a fun day.........

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Have A Bacon cut!! :bacondance:

NTBaconShop.jpg

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I feel ya, I really do, I'm at the point of when I need a trim, the grooming salon manager at my store does my hair, lol...she doesn't do any worse then the hair salon's around here and it's free....and she does a decent job, lol

Do you also get a pink bow in your hair???? :laugh: :): :laugh:

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

RacineDKringle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    On a related note, I see alot of the men on here go to salons. I say support a dieing industry, go to a Barber. It makes a difference.

I love my stylist, but I agree with you.

Whether you're male or female - just try a barber *once*. They learn ONLY cutting (depending on the state licensing issues, in MI they did) and are extremely good at it.

If you don't need to worry about color/bleaching/etc - barbers are the way to go. I bet they would have known what a bob was and given Knife Lady a great one! =D

RacineDKringle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Going all bad etiquette and posting twice in a row to quote this:

my barber is my shrink, friend, comedian

And add that each time I see my stylist, I tip her big because "You cut it, bleach it and color it great and you're cheaper than therapy".

Plus she got me to a good physician when my surgery messed me up. I owe her my well-being!

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    About 2 weeks ago i went to get my hair cut, thought penny's would be a good, cheap cut. Well, she buzzed it, which is ok, I'm young enough to work with a buzz cut. It took MAYBE 6 minutes. It set me back $21! TWENTY-ONE DOLLARS!!! for a 6 minute buzz cut. I was a little upset about that. She was really cute, but not cute enough to make up for that. I won't be going back.

noname1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    I recommend Sport Clips. They do not put their stylists on a time limit like Great Clips and other chains. Not every stylist can do a quality hair cut on every stylist in 13 minutes or less, but that is the only way the can hit their commissions and make money when the stores try to entice you with $6.99 haircuts. Sport Clips will also trim your neck and ears between visits for free. It is nice that they have sports on tv and no chemical smells from the women's hair products.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I got my hair cut today. It was only supposed to be a trim or a shape up. Wrong...... She got scissor happy and cut way too much off. I am really pissed. This is not the first time this has happened to me either. Evertime I find someone that doesnt get cutting happy they leave and go somewhere else to where I cant find them or they are too far away. Good damn thing it is just hair which will grow back instead of it being a arm or a leg. Just wonder ing if this happens to anyone else and how many times. I must have a sign on me that says " Yeah cut all my hair off cause I dont want it long " I think they screw up and so they have to keep cutting to fix their mistake. I asked her today while she was cutting it I said are you leaving me any hair. Oh yeah I have left you lots of hair. I said trun me around and let me see. I was sooooo pissed. I didnt pay for it either and then she got pissed. She told me she would never do my hair again and I said your damn right you wont.

It has been like 20 years since I had a similar experience...

Let me step into the way back machine here...

I was young I took a trip to New Jersey. I was standing in line with like maybe 150-200 other guys waiting for a barber to open up. Finally after waiting for like an eternity I got to have my spin in the chair. I asked for him to trim the ends as I had noticed they were starting to split a little. Next thing I knew this sorry old man took a set of clippers and took it all off. Nothing not even stubble was left... ;)

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    My wife has cut my hair for nearly forty years.
    I never worry about her screwing it up because she has to be seen in public with me. ;)
    Plus, she knows I'd tell everyone and their brother who messed it up. :D
    Mike

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Cathy had her hair cut for the first time in a couple years today, donated to Locks of Love for the fourth time. Had it cut at Great Clips. Thankfully, they did good :)

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Cathy had her hair cut for the first time in a couple years today, donated to Locks of Love for the fourth time. Had it cut at Great Clips. Thankfully, they did good :)

I took my son to Great Clips in Speedway last time I got his hair cut..he didn't want a high and tight this time (NO Dad hair), so she cut his hair the way he wanted it, he liked it...his dad took one look at his head and called him a hippie, lol.....his hair wasn't long at all....but his dad hauled him down to the PX at Ft Ben and they high-n-tighted him.....little snot told his dad he wanted his hair cut again...kids! :rockwoot:

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN

Hehe - I did that two years ago. I'd grown it for, I dunno, probably 10 years, and finally wanted to get it cut, so donated to LoL.

RacineDKringle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    OK, I'm calling Knife_Lady out!

I thought, OK, it's uneven, she's almost bald, and she's going to be wearing a large flowered hat to hide it.

Now granted, it's slightly stacked in the back, but it's not 80's-wedge-stacked. Still perfectly blonde and lovely. Still has bangs. And, IMO, it's at an even better length for her.

Stylist still deserves to be shivved, but don't let her convince you guys that her hair is now bad. Still *fab-u-lous*!

Top Bottom