• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    This will fall on deaf ears but maybe a few will consider it...

Tell person at every booth and table at the Indy1500 with Ammo Flipper Prices to get bent.

When they're on the hook for tons of ammo they can't move maybe at the next show they'll show up with actual ammo deals to get at least part of their investments back.

:rockwoot:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This will fall on deaf ears but maybe a few will consider it...

Tell person at every booth and table at the Indy1500 with Ammo Flipper Prices to get bent.

When they're on the hook for tons of ammo they can't move maybe at the next show they'll show up with actual ammo deals to get at least part of their investments back.

:rockwoot:

Good advice. I hope many heed it.

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    I know I will get flamed for this, but I appreciate the guys who went out and stood in line, some for hours, to get ammo that was nowhere to be found. I felt like I needed it then and I was willing to pay a premium for it, I don't now and I won't pay those inflated prices now, but I was glad to get it when there was none to be found.

If there were no ammo flippers, I would not have had any ammo for the last 3 months. Also, technically, the retail store is a "flipper" too.

So, while I will certainly let them sit on their inventory, I will not be telling them to get bent :P

:twocents:

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    Sad part if it is that I have 8, 10, and 12 year old boys that keep getting more and more vocal that they want to go to the range...

Cricket .22lr doesn't eat too much so 50-100 rds is fine for 8yr old, but other 2 with 10-22 and a Plinkster tend to thank a 100 rds ammo allowance is crap...

Almost cheaper with current garbage prices to let them shoot my Beretta 92 as I can reload 9mm for asking price of current .22lr (when I can find primers)

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    I know I will get flamed for this, but I appreciate the guys who went out and stood in line, some for hours, to get ammo that was nowhere to be found. I felt like I needed it then, I don't now and I won't pay those inflated prices either, but I was glad to get it when there was none to be found.

If there were no ammo flippers, I would not have had any ammo for the last 3 months. Also, technically, the retail store is a "flipper" too.

So, while I will certainly let them sit on their inventory, I will not be telling them to get bent :P

Everyone should be entitled to making a buck but 300% because they don't have a real job or any real responsibilities and can sit at big box stores during "Stock Hour" to pickup ammo??

This isn't some "retirement" crowd pulling in this money it is people that should get off their otherwise worthless rear ends and get a real job instead of looking for any way they can to turn a quick buck...

I'd have no issue what so ever in Retail + 25% as their finders fee but 3x and 4x Retail to me is called price gouging.

:patriot:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I agree. Vote with your feet. Some don't mind paying some dimwit to stand in line for them but if it wasn't for the flippers trying to corner the market, we could all walk in to Walmart, etc. and just pick up a box of .22 or whatever as the need arose. I have said it on other threads, I'll stop shooting before I buy any ammo from them and I LOVE to shoot.

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    I agree. Vote with your feet. Some don't mind paying some dimwit to stand in line for them but if it wasn't for the flippers trying to corner the market, we could all walk in to Walmart, etc. and just pick up a box of .22 or whatever as the need arose. I have said it on other threads, I'll stop shooting before I buy any ammo from them and I LOVE to shoot.

Nope. WAY to many of US :P

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger

Big plus 1!!!!

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I know I will get flamed for this, but I appreciate the guys who went out and stood in line, some for hours, to get ammo that was nowhere to be found. I felt like I needed it then and I was willing to pay a premium for it, I don't now and I won't pay those inflated prices now, but I was glad to get it when there was none to be found.

There would be ammo on the shelves if there were not ammo flippers buying it all up. ...... Just saying. :D

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    There would be ammo on the shelves if there were not ammo flippers buying it all up. ...... Just saying. :D

You beat me to it. These %#$! have helped cause the ammo shortage we're seeing now by creating artificial demand by reducing supply. They spent their money on it and personally if I have to go with a limited supply of ammo for now to avoid paying these losers 3X or more what their ammo is worth then fine by me. In the long run, they're the losers sitting on tens of thousands of cartridges for guns they probably don't even own and can't use. They'll lose their butts on it and I'll just sit back and laugh at them once retail inventories begin to return to normal.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Or , everyone should just not go to a show or two and don't buy anything gun related for a few weeks and help drive the prices of everything back down to normal .

It's kind of like strip clubs. We know we shouldn't go and swear we never will, but then the urge to return is just too strong.

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    Or , everyone should just not go to a show or two and don't buy anything gun related for a few weeks and help drive the prices of everything back down to normal .

Nooooo, we have to at least go. Otherwise, the next MSM Top Story will be " American Citizens Protest gun shows in support of gun control"

We can't have that now can we?

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    ammo prices (and guns) at shows were bordering on retarded anyway, way before the shortage. when my LGS had case of XM193 for 280 why would i pay 350 at one for a show?
    same goes for any gun? WHAT 600 for a gen four glock!!! shut up and take my money!!
    or not. i gave up looking for deals at shows loooooooong ago. i used to go looking for parts or trinkets, meh, not worth my drive anymore. deals at shows died with the $100 SKS or $300 norinco M14.

there's an entire internet competing for my wallet.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    It's EVERYWHERE...

Not just at the 1500..

I know a young Lad, that works at one of the "Box" stores-He buys bricks of .22LR as it comes in--Buys to his limit--brings them home+his Dad puts them on GunBroker@ TWICE the amount paid..

Says he's been doing it for "Awhile"....Bill.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I know I will get flamed for this, but I appreciate the guys who went out and stood in line, some for hours, to get ammo that was nowhere to be found. I felt like I needed it then and I was willing to pay a premium for it, I don't now and I won't pay those inflated prices now, but I was glad to get it when there was none to be found. If there were no ammo flippers, I would not have had any ammo for the last 3 months. Also, technically, the retail store is a "flipper" too. So, while I will certainly let them sit on their inventory, I will not be telling them to get bent :P :twocents:
    Wow, you really don't get it, do you. The gougers aren't the solution to this mess, THEY ARE THE CAUSE!!!

You beat me to it. These %#$! have helped cause the ammo shortage we're seeing now by creating artificial demand by reducing supply. They spent their money on it and personally if I have to go with a limited supply of ammo for now to avoid paying these losers 3X or more what their ammo is worth then fine by me. In the long run, they're the losers sitting on tens of thousands of cartridges for guns they probably don't even own and can't use. They'll lose their butts on it and I'll just sit back and laugh at them once retail inventories begin to return to normal.
    The gougers won't lose anything unless they bought at more than retail themselves. When their gravy train ends (i.e. when retail prices return to normal) they will simply sell their inventory for what they paid for it. Until then, they can go pound sand.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Not just at the 1500..

I know a young Lad, that works at one of the "Box" stores-He buys bricks of .22LR as it comes in--Buys to his limit--brings them home+his Dad puts them on GunBroker@ TWICE the amount paid..

Says he's been doing it for "Awhile"....Bill.

I can see someone getting a few boxes for themselves or hooking up a friend every now and then, but this is just rotten! :xmad:

Top Bottom