Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    what about people work shift work.
    or just plain taking a nap

or how about NOBODY follow it.
    Course, that won't work. Too many would bend over. Even here.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    The “divide”, or the truth? We have no way of knowing, the worlds just too big.

Perfect time for grandpa to tell a story; I’ll keep it short as possible but I think it’s relevant.
    In the early 90’s central IN had an ice storm that knocked out power for a few days to maybe 3 weeks, we were 12 days IIRC. We still raised hogs then, rented old barns all over the community. We had one hired guy (like family) and myself in early 20’s, probably 1200 hogs in inventory at any given time. My dad was on a ski trip out west, watching the news, worried to death about the hogs. According to the news, it was a complete catastrophe, Armageddon, the whole state of Indiana was to be no more, and surrounding states were lucky to be alive, according to the news out there. In reality it was maybe 10ish counties in a swath from north Indy to maybe Carrol county. The ice fell and the temp never wavered from 29 to maybe 33 and stayed on the lines for a week or 2. The hogs got along perfect (if full confinement was low density) and all we had to do was pump water and move some feed by hand. We had to work hard to convince him to stay skiing.
    My whole point is that as connected as we feel, the world is too big and we cannot assume that we know what is going on, as benign as a weather report was half a country away proved.

So are there kids being taken away from families? Probably. Did someone take a DCS recording out of context? Possible.
    Our sample size is too small, which is not a problem, until we start making decisions from it.
    I worked for the phone company at that time. I pulled up to a house and the gentleman was outside mad as a hornet. He woke up cold at 4am and said he heard the generator running so he figured something was wrong with the furnace he was supply power to. Come to find out when he came outside to check the power cords, his generator had been replaced with a junk push mower running outside his back door.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If everyone was this guy, the answer is Yes! Believe he's Russian, his channel is good content with humor and defiance against the tyranny he lives with in Australia.

I've watched several (or a dozen) of his video.
    Funny that he gets pulled over so much, and each time it's "random" drug, alcohol stop.
    Randomly.

random
    :faint:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I decided to go to the Australia subreddit to see what they were saying. The notoriously progressive redditors said this whole situation is completely made up by right wing American media. Someone asked them if they were claiming it wasn’t happening. The response was basically that yes it’s happening but it’s nowhere near as widespread as our media portrays. Apparently they’re ok with just a little tyranny.

Top Bottom