• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    I just think this and laugh. There are people who paid $2000 for an AR-15 after Sandy Hook, who now also have ammo they paid a $1 a round for , to go with the AR.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Awesome! Now all of those panic buyers will be crying. Hopefully some ammo flippers get stuck, it will just depend on how long till people quit freaking out and continuing to buy.
    The flippers won't be stuck at all because they payed regular prices. Ammo is like currency.
    the flippers don't even bother me as much as the pannic buyers. They drive everything because they are not prepared. Most won't even shoot what they buy. Think of all the ammo just waisting away in basements that could have been shot by real shooters.
    The people who paid those prices deserved it. I'm not mad at anyone who made some money off idiots

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Dang! Now what am I going to do with the 250K rds of M855 I was going to sell for $1 each in the parking lot at the 1500?

It's called "wealth redistribution", my friend... you're supposed to break off a K or two and send those my way....

(since you're an evil rich ... er, I mean, so fortunate...) :D

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Kudos go out to the NRA, pro freedom senators and congressmen and all that responded to the BATF with comments. Joe Donnelly did not sign the petition, so he talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk. The shame of all this is we had to fight a decision curtailing our rights with a group of non elected overreaching bureaucrats.
    Reason #3 for me as to why I won't be voting for him

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    By Alicia A. Caldwell
    Associated Press
    WASHINGTON — Amid an onslaught of criticism, the Obamaadministration has dropped plans to ban a popular type of rifle ammunition thatcan pierce a police officer's protective vest if fired from a handgun, theBureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said Tuesday.
    More than 80,000 people have commented on the proposal toban certain types of 5.56 mm, or .223 caliber, ammunition since the agencyannounced its proposal last month. An ATF spokeswoman, Ginger Colbrun, said thevast majority of comments were critical of the proposal.
    Green tip, M855 5.56mm ammunition.
    Related Article
    US considers ban on type of ammo that can pierce vests.
    Objections also came from 291 members of Congress —majorities of both the House and Senate.
    The ATF had proposed banning some types of ammunition usedin the popular AR-15-style rifles. The rule change would have affected only"M855 green tip" or "SS109" rounds with certain types ofmetal core projectiles.
    In a letter to ATF Director B. Todd Jones last month, HouseJudiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., objected to the plan. OnTuesday, he applauded the reversal, saying he was "pleased that the Obamaadministration has abandoned its attack on the Second Amendment."
    Armor-piercing handgun ammunition has been banned since 1986as a way to protect police officers under the federal Law Enforcement OfficersProtection Act. The rifle bullets considered under the ban were long thought tobe considered exempt because they were used for "sporting purposes,"such as target shooting.
    Colbrun said ATF proposed ending the exemption in partbecause of the advent of AR-style pistols that can fire the rounds. Such gunsdid not exist when the armor-piercing ammunition law was passed.
    She said the legislation also did not define "sportingpurposes," which has led to more than 30 requests for exemptions in recentyears.
    Without a new framework to determine which armor-piercingammunition is strictly for sporting purposes, Colbrun said, those exemption requestscannot be processed.
    Copyright 2015 The Associated Press

(This is the article sent out to FED LEO/Security subscribers).

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Well, now that that's over, what else can we :runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway: about...?

Sometimes I think life would be much more simple... and much more boring without rumors.

Regards,

Doug

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    To All,

Well, now that that's over, what else can we :runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway: about...?

Sometimes I think life would be much more simple... and much more boring without rumors.

Regards,

Doug

This was NOT a rumor, it was fact. And mobilization WAS needed. It was the only thing that stopped this unconstitutional infringement. Kudos to all who stepped up and did something.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Senators joining Grassley on the letter include Mike Rounds (R-S.D.); John Thune (R-S.D.); Cory Gardner (R-Colo.); Tom Cotton (R-Ark.); John Hoeven (R-N.D.); Joni Ernst (R-Iowa); David Vitter (R-La); Michael Crapo (R-Idaho); Jerry Moran (R-Kan.); David Perdue (R-Ga.); James Risch (R-Idaho); John Isakson (R-Ga.); Steve Daines (R-Mont.); Dean Heller (R-Nev.); Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.); Richard Burr (R-N.C.); Roy Blunt (R-Mo.); Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.); Bill Cassidy (R-La.); John Boozman (R-Ark.); Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.); Ted Cruz (R-Texas); Thom Tillis (R-N.C.); Orrin Hatch (R-Utah); Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.); James Lankford (R-Okla.); Richard Shelby (R-Ala.); Deb Fischer (R-Neb.); Thad Cochran (R-Miss.); Shelley Capito (R-W. Va.); Pat Roberts (R-Kan.); Pat Toomey (R-Pa.); Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska); John Cornyn (R-Texas); Ron Johnson (R-Wis.); Michael Lee (R-Utah); John Barrasso (R-Wyo.); Marco Rubio (R- Fla.); Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.); Dan Coats (R-Ind.); Bob Corker (R-Tenn.); Tim Scott (R-S.C.); Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.); Ben Sasse (R-Neb.); Roger Wicker (R-Miss.); Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.); Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.); Rand Paul (R-Ky.); John McCain (R-Ariz.); Rob Portman (R-Ohio); Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska); and Susan Collins (R-Maine).

I simply do not understand. No "D"'s in that list. This is not a freaking party issue...or shouldn't be.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I simply do not understand. No "D"'s in that list. This is not a freaking party issue...or shouldn't be.

Sadly it is a party issue. I will never vote for a democrat just for that reason. That said, there are also quite a few republicans that I won't vote for either, for the exact same reason (Chris Christie, etc).

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Great! I have about 1000 rounds that I was looking forward to shooting this spring until the ATF increased the price of this ammo (indirectly, but that's what happened). Now, I'll go and shoot it and buy more when the price gets back to a reasonable level.

Top Bottom