• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    My 'bedroom gun' is pretty simple, PSA Midlength gun with MagPul MOE furniture, AimPoint PRO, Troy BUIS, and a simple two point sling. I also have a Surefire G2 mounted on it with a Viking Tactics plastic mount on a rail section. I do have a chest rig with a few extra mags in it, knife, light and tourniquet in it if I have time to throw it on.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    IWI Tavor, Meproight RDS Pro, Streamlight TLR-1 HL, Winchester PDX-1 ammo here. I know it's not an AR-15 but hey, same mission.

Xa38_DDcdkT6GcNNPtkcyp_LobfQUOIo-ZmFdo_3cZrnW9uHqh3kDP7IMu-5EemfoRmuV3SJNe_C9GB5YjrMJZdznPEq_mPRg9hgPJT2KHx0mifLATW5Ah4LVSABayNWtojaQ3zyxHCe5WfqLIpK_398yS51ds0kvampLVOUWAhOzUDdXjLbwbAs-wUG7atHAzUZ1C3P6d2-Cr5qEWkwqw4IWaJgb4LVl95utVSkJmM9jVVko_svkqeAgdEKvK0NbvKlpOHZtE7CxoNokJZWkKDzZejaDfRsnwcfdg01VFt2uteDGAUGBYDw2TAP8Sc3Iz99TTOUiTPl5DmYX75NGBc7ueeOpsjNYmYynFEstq0by_RiONCJxM5BxhdIpJtrcvglOuIU0m9eWGSGsmR153ahBimosv1sUNDvgn0j_yPdWx-AlI7HIfH5lqD1ReP9nKDa2WPEfHzLv5lfdrsTA9JmLkNY5FGs7K8R7J8Yks41Izw9QLrGd19ob4JGOPmM6mNSxcseCVUzGOPKqFU6KhkSYBqdFOMJYU48VCpWt7YHTZsjA2arkcD1PjvoBQrFFZU1=w1399-h1049-no

And I do plan on adding a suppressor.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Mine is a pretty much stock DD M4A1 with an Eotech 512, Troy BUIS, light and UrbanERT two point sling. Since building the 300BO pistol AR, I've taken to keeping that in the bedroom too. It's an 8.5" with an Eotech and two point UrbanERT sling.

This is the pistol. I don't have a good photo of the DD yet.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'll wade in... Just confirmed my setup tonight at the low light shoot. (nothing fancy, just a post-ban Bushmaster with a Surefire and a green laser) What is everyone sending downrange? Standard 855 ball or something fancy like a polymer tipped round?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'll wade in... Just confirmed my setup tonight at the low light shoot. (nothing fancy, just a post-ban Bushmaster with a Surefire and a green laser) What is everyone sending downrange? Standard 855 ball or something fancy like a polymer tipped round?

This:

http://www.winchester.com/Products/...ative/PDX1-Defender-rifle/Pages/S223RPDB.aspx

Got lucky and found a few boxes at Walmart awhile back. Here's a ballistic gel image from Winchester's website... Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark:

defender-centerfire-rifle-ballistic-gel.png

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

I feel like something simple that works with a sling and a light is all you need! Your setup sounds solid, and having confirmed it in a class I'm sure you are more than good to go!

Ball or hollows isn't as big of a deal with a rifle. However, from seeing pictures of what people look like after being shot with a 223 hollow point I feel like it's definitely the best option... I personally have 300blk hollow points the rifle beside my bed. Ball will get it done though, don't get me wrong.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I have a mid-length upper with a Millet DMR 1-4 scope to put on my NM AR. My primary HD long gun is my 870 and the AR is in reserve in case the 870 is in the evidence room and the first home invaders associates come looking for vengence.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've been pondering on this subject a lot lately, and want to get something put together that works for my purposes.

Ideally, I'd like an SBR/AR-Pistol, suppressed. I have an M&P15, but it just feels too large for carrying around the home... and it's not suppressed.

1. 300blk is appealing... but does it make more sense to stick with 223/556 since I already have a 223/556 AR? Would consolidate on ammo...
    2. Does that impact my ability to suppress?
    3. I'm leaning toward AR-pistol because it's cheaper and easier to get... but is there an advantage to investing in an SBR instead?
    4. Are there things like barrel length that need to be considered when it comes to getting a suppressor?

Top Bottom