V Seven ambi safety selector
    Ergo grip
    Radian Raptor charging handle
    Holosun 510 green dot
    V Seven 13.5" handguard
    V Seven EE inconel gas tube
    Criterion 16" fluted barrel
    PA EFAB

I have a custom 10.3" smoke composites handguard being made for it currently to shave another 2.3 ounces off of the front and an Energetic Armament ARX coming. I really want to SBR it and cut the barrel but I hate the state line laws with SBRs so it'll probably stay 16" and just go direct thread to save weight.

As it sits its at 4.7lbs. When the new handguard comes I'm leaving the foregrip off and when the ARX comes it'll be right at 5lbs with the suppressor.

I'm going to take the Holosun off and just use Scalarworks Peak sights for a while. Really want to get as good as I can with irons.

20220727_192511.jpg

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Love it! I was dumbfounded at how light it was. I did have a Ferfrans CRD hanging on the business end of the 6920. 11ozs. Ridiculous. The Helios is something like 2 oz. Amazing difference.
    Does it shoot fireballs out of the end though?

I wish they would just make a hybrid device or just some type of flash hider.

I care more about flash on most of my ARs than anything.

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    Here's my V Seven build.

Smoke Composites stock
    V Seven upper/lower
    V Seven titanium BCG
    Geissele lightning bow X
    KNS G pins
    Odinworks extended mag release
    V Seven TD pins
    V Seven ambi safety selector
    Ergo grip
    Radian Raptor charging handle
    Holosun 510 green dot
    V Seven 13.5" handguard
    V Seven EE inconel gas tube
    Criterion 16" fluted barrel
    PA EFAB

I have a custom 10.3" smoke composites handguard being made for it currently to shave another 2.3 ounces off of the front and an Energetic Armament ARX coming. I really want to SBR it and cut the barrel but I hate the state line laws with SBRs so it'll probably stay 16" and just go direct thread to save weight.

As it sits its at 4.7lbs. When the new handguard comes I'm leaving the foregrip off and when the ARX comes it'll be right at 5lbs with the suppressor.

I'm going to take the Holosun off and just use Scalarworks Peak sights for a while. Really want to get as good as I can with irons.

View attachment 214258
    WOW 4.7 lbs!!! Nice Build! V7 does make good kit. I have quite a few of their smaller "inconsequential" parts on the 6920

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Fireballs... I've never fired the 6920 at night to know.
    I saw a few reviews mentioning it being a real fire breather out of shorter barrels so I wasn't sure if at 16" it was still that way.

Those small inconsequential parts sure add up to a lot of money. Man I couldn't believe what the lower parts cost on that build. Not sure I'll do it again. But I HAD to do it at least once.

They really are on a whole different level though.

I don't know of anyone else who makes all their own parts and screws like they do. I know 2A Armament make a lot of their own lower parts but I'm not sure about all of them.

The only thing I didn't go with from them was their bolt release. I went with a Seekins one because I wanted the mag release and bolt catch to be extended.

You'd be surprised at how much weight these little parts can save if you spend the money though. But beyond that the fit and finish is unmatched.

I always hated lower parts kits and ejection port doors from everyone else because they come to you looking like sh*t and scratched to hell but not these.

Edit: 4.7 is pretty cool too, and the Arx weighs like just double my muzzle device.

I really want to sbr it and go with a Brigand Arms Edge handguard to really push it down. Get the open stock from SC too.

Based on the math alone it's possible to do a 12.5" barrel version of my build and get it to 5 lbs with a full mag optics and suppressor.

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    I saw a few reviews mentioning it being a real fire breather out of shorter barrels so I wasn't sure if at 16" it was still that way.

Those small inconsequential parts sure add up to a lot of money. Man I couldn't believe what the lower parts cost on that build. Not sure I'll do it again. But I HAD to do it at least once.

They really are on a whole different level though.

I don't know of anyone else who makes all their own parts and screws like they do. I know 2A Armament make a lot of their own lower parts but I'm not sure about all of them.

The only thing I didn't go with from them was their bolt release. I went with a Seekins one because I wanted the mag release and bolt catch to be extended.

You'd be surprised at how much weight these little parts can save if you spend the money though. But beyond that the fit and finish is unmatched.

I always hated lower parts kits and ejection port doors from everyone else because they come to you looking like sh*t and scratched to hell but not these.
    Agreed. V7 is a Premium vendor. I have a thing about building ARs with quality parts so the price issue isn't part of my build criteria to a large extent. I've used a couple of 2A parts (barrel nut, gas block and handguard) on some builds also. My goal is to put together the nicest gun I can afford, not the cheapest one. Although that would be a different type of challenge!

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Agreed. V7 is a Premium vendor. I have a thing about building ARs with quality parts so the price issue isn't part of my build criteria to a large extent. I've used a couple of 2A parts (barrel nut, gas block and handguard) on some builds also. My goal is to put together the nicest gun I can afford, not the cheapest one. Although that would be a different type of challenge!
    It's actually really really fun doing it the opposite way sometimes.

I've never done that with a gun but one of my favorite projects I've ever seen was with a custom pool cue.

I bought and sold a lot of high end cues when I still was able to play APA and one of my favorite makers got a really weird request to make a 'junkyard' cue.

He agreed but wouldn't put his name on it. I wish I still had the pictures.

It was just a plain piece of maple with no figure, he drew little knots and eyes in like sharpie or something and drew 4 points and veneers in different colors - all by hand so nothing was straight or even. The wrap was really cool looking, he did a duct tape wrap and put clearcoat over it to protect it.

It still played like a great cue but it looked so ridiculous.

Not sure what the gun equivalent would be but I'm not sure it'd be safe to find out.

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    It's actually really really fun doing it the opposite way sometimes.

I've never done that with a gun but one of my favorite projects I've ever seen was with a custom pool cue.

I bought and sold a lot of high end cues when I still was able to play APA and one of my favorite makers got a really weird request to make a 'junkyard' cue.

He agreed but wouldn't put his name on it. I wish I still had the pictures.

It was just a plain piece of maple with no figure, he drew little knots and eyes in like sharpie or something and drew 4 points and veneers in different colors - all by hand so nothing was straight or even. The wrap was really cool looking, he did a duct tape wrap and put clearcoat over it to protect it.

It still played like a great cue but it looked so ridiculous.

Not sure what the gun equivalent would be but I'm not sure it'd be safe to find out.
    LOL that is a world I had no idea even existed. I'm sure somebody out there has done the same thing with firearms

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    LOL that is a world I had no idea even existed. I'm sure somebody out there has done the same thing with firearms
    I didn't either until I started getting pretty good and wanted a nice cue. Then I fell down the rabbit hole and about sh*t myself when I saw there were cuemakers who's basic plain cues STARTED at $6,000 and had multiple year long wait lists.

The high end cue world also introduced me to the world of high end firearms.

I went to a cue show in Chicago one time and this guy had a booth with about 20 cues all in the $3K - $25K range and many were well below market value. I was one of the first people at his booth thank God and I bought one for $4200 that I knew was worth way more and literally walked about 200 feet and resold it to a dealer for 6500. He resold it later online for 8 something.

But anyway the booth I bought it froms guy mentioned he wanted to trade for firearms and I had very little knowledge about firearms but had my HK usp45ct and asked what he'd give me in trade and he said he wasn't looking for "cheap guns"

I was a bit mad and assumed HE didn't know sh*t but then he told me that he didn't play pool and they were his deceased fathers and he was a firearm collector and started showing me pictures on his phone of these beautiful shotguns and engraved 1911's telling me about how he paid more than my car for these things.

After watches, then cues, then guns - I realized there's probably a super high end market for virtually everything under the sun.

But I'll never pay $20K for a cue, watch, or shotgun... I hope to have the money to do so one day but I don't think I'd ever pay for that.

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    I didn't either until I started getting pretty good and wanted a nice cue. Then I fell down the rabbit hole and about sh*t myself when I saw there were cuemakers who's basic plain cues STARTED at $6,000 and had multiple year long wait lists.

The high end cue world also introduced me to the world of high end firearms.

I went to a cue show in Chicago one time and this guy had a booth with about 20 cues all in the $3K - $25K range and many were well below market value. I was one of the first people at his booth thank God and I bought one for $4200 that I knew was worth way more and literally walked about 200 feet and resold it to a dealer for 6500. He resold it later online for 8 something.

But anyway the booth I bought it froms guy mentioned he wanted to trade for firearms and I had very little knowledge about firearms but had my HK usp45ct and asked what he'd give me in trade and he said he wasn't looking for "cheap guns"

I was a bit mad and assumed HE didn't know sh*t but then he told me that he didn't play pool and they were his deceased fathers and he was a firearm collector and started showing me pictures on his phone of these beautiful shotguns and engraved 1911's telling me about how he paid more than my car for these things.

After watches, then cues, then guns - I realized there's probably a super high end market for virtually everything under the sun.

But I'll never pay $20K for a cue, watch, or shotgun... I hope to have the money to do so one day but I don't think I'd ever pay for that.
    That is incredible. Apparently, you're correct. There is a super high-end market for practically anything out there. Dang

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    Fireballs... I've never fired the 6920 at night to know.
    My goal was to send the sound and concussion downrange. I never gave the fireball issue a second thought. When I started going to a range using just a brake I was getting side eye from the fellow shooting next to me. Not sure if the concussion was mussing his hair or the shear volume was defeating his ear pro. Nonetheless, being the socially responsible individual I am, I switched over to using CRD muzzle devices and haven't looked back.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    You ban, we dri . . . we buy, Stag Retro Rifle (M16A4 clone).

View attachment 214780
    More deja vu albeit with the M16A1 predecessor that I schlepped around for about six years before "graduating" to an ancient M1911A1 .45 ACP that had seen both Korea and Vietnam. The A1 iron sights were a PITA to zero, and once zeroed, you left them set for 300 yards as that would give you a "point blank range" spanning 25 - 300 yards. If you got that right, and knew proper hold with aiming and breathing, you could readily qualify Expert with only minor elevation correction at the most distant popup. Had to coach a few soldiers with the help of my NCOs on how to do it to get them through annual qualification.

This is a marvelous tool for the A2/3/4/M4 front sight (won't work on the A1). Made by Otis, it makes adjusting the front post sight much easier.

Otis M2 Sight Tool.jpg

John

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    16" .300 BLK Carbine I built using UnBrandedAR upper receiver, lower and 15" M-LOK rail, BCA barrel, AIM Surplus BCG, Magpul MOE stock, grip & other small pieces, UTG fixed sights and T1 mount. Trigger is just an Anderson SS with Kaw Valley Precision springs and JoeBob Outfitters trigger adjuster for a nice crisp single stage trigger at around 5-6 Lbs. It shoots into about 1 1/2" @ 100 yards with Frontier 125 gr. FMJ. I had a cheaper 1-4X scope on it and decided to go with a red dot, which will be a Vortex SPARC II when it shows up. I went with a 16" .300 for a rifle for use around the farm and one that I can still deer hunt with if I wanted too.
    This is the first time I have used UnBrandedAR in a build and I am happy so far. Seems like a solid setup. Very little play between the upper and lower and the handguard has anti rotation tabs as well as 3 large bolts for a solid lockup. With the ambi bolt catch made into the right side of the lower, the rifle is completely ambidextrous, which is the way I like my guns.
    16 inch 300 AAC Blackout Carbine RS.jpg

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Great deal on lightly used Colt M6920 (CR, not LE) from Lebanon, Indiana when there for work recently.

Kirkified it last weekend: rail farm, Radian CH, ALG ACT trigger, Magpul MOE grip and trigger guard, Magpul rail covers. PA 2.5X prism with QD ADM mount and beat up reserve Surefire light.

I am not an accuracy snob, but it is 2-2.5" MOA from prone with cool barrel with M193 with dog's breakfast of ammo makers (Hornady, Gorilla, Federal, Winchester, IMI, inter alia). Prefers heavier, like the Winchester or Gorilla 69s. I am sure it shoots better than me (no real mean feat).

1660493048859.png

Top Bottom