Anyone's animals act strangely last night?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Once in awhile, my dog will bark and growl at things i don't see. He's older and sleeps a lot, so it is unusual for him to be up at night if we aren't, but he was barking and growling several times last night. At one point, i thought i heard something too, but when i looked outside, there was nothing, and the motion lights weren't on. This morning i read that there was a pretty strong earthquake on the west coast last night. i know other times that my dog has acted strange, there were weather events, some far away. just thought it might be interesting to see if anyone else noticed something similar.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    the cat caught a mouse last night. well that was earlier in the evening but no, the dogs and cat slept through whatever might have been happening.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    No, but I couldn't sleep at all. Very unlike me. Ended up in the guest bedroom. Maybe I was just too wound up after all that Vday action (although it usually has a reverse effect on me). :)

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    At about 5PM local time my male Golden Retriever barked continuously for about 10 minutes and then I called him in the house. He is 8 years old and has not barked that much collectively in his life. I went out to see what may have upset him but could find nothing. We live on 11 acres and the front boundary extends about 200 yards away from his fence in the back, no one should be there; I saw no sign of anything or anyone.

That is what happened here in southern Indiana yesterday. So, my answer to the OP's question is: Yes.

Terry

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Actually yes. My Lab mix was laying down on her bed and kept barking around 1-1:30 AM I would walk outside with flashlight and didnt see anything. Happened 3 times total. I thought it was weird when it was happening

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I have a 8 year old Border Collie and a 1 year old Lab/Cattle Dog Mix, and the only time they stir is if they hear critters out in the yard that is waaaayyy below my hearing level. Usually we have cats that roam, but an occasional raccoon or possum will meander through.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    My pit picked up a possum for a second. Then he realized it was alive...dropped it and ran like hell then.

Usually he's scared of everything

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    My cat got all dressed up in my clothes, put on a fake mustache and withdrew 400 dollars from my checking account at the ATM. I still don't know how he got down there but my damn dog has a very guilty look on her face.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Our cat was watching the Westminster dog show. I thought that was very strange. She's usually a Sci-Fi fan.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    One cat's blind, another is in heat, the third is kind of dumb. One dog is geriatric, the lab mix puppy chews anything that gets within mouth range. She was just chewing on my dining room chair. Sack of hammers dumb. I rely on my people detectors and video recorder. Just kill me now.

acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    Not last night but sometimes my dog will growl at a door to a room where i know there is noone in even when i check it out he just stands ouside the door and growls and wont go in ( in a room he usualy loves to run into and plop on the bed)

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    my dog acted weird and unusual, he is deaf, but very sensitive on sight and vibrations, he sleep on my room and barked several times when usually sleep very sound and let me know when he want to go out.

it was unusual but was kind if annoying for me because he got me up several times trough the night, and i did not hear or see anything unusual around the house.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I probably wouldn't notice if something did happen. It takes one dog to start barking to set them all off. The troublemaker(Titan) barks at every little sound he hears. Sometimes I wish they made earmuffs for dogs so he couldn't hear as well. Also, if someone so much as walks on the road within 150 yards of the house in either direction and they see them through the bay window, they start barking. They bark at the mail truck every time it pulls up to the box. One time a bird flew past and they all went nuts. We have this rectangular thing that's supposed to emit a high pitched sound. It must work because we don't usually have to turn it on anymore to make Titan shut up, just lift it up off the table and he usually stops. He knows when storms are coming, though, he gets scared and hides.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    yes, over time, I've noticed my big ol' doggie "acts funny'' , when the weather systems change. not every little one ,but the ones that can be felt in the bones. last night, he barks at nothing.,several different times, then does not even notice the deer in the back yard when we went out. in his defense, he did have to pee really bad!

Top Bottom