• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Are you going to build it yourself if you win or are you gonna have someone else do it?

I have a friend locally who will help (read: he'll do it for me while I stand by and hold his beer). He did my full-size -74 and has done a number of rifles (including an AKS-74U and M92) for himself and other friends.

Wonder who has an Arsenal that I got to fire once? I wonder...

LOL. Yeah, but mine's just a little one. ;)

ak105_right.jpg

Last edited:

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I got a N.I.W. one of these on the way with all parts and the trunion included!!! Now to pick the perfect Bulgarian host.

I figured the pistols would be easier to fine then this would so I snatched it up.

AK007BFS.jpg

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I have a friend locally who will help (read: he'll do it for me while I stand by and hold his beer). He did my full-size -74 and has done a number of rifles (including an AKS-74U and M92) for himself and other friends.

Does he do work for pay? Know anyone good who does?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Well, I didn't win the GB auction. I got outbid with 7 minutes left, raised my max bid twice, then had to let it go. The other guy obviously wanted it more than I did. I'm not sad; it was money I didn't have to begin with, and it was a virgin kit which would've meant a more involved build.

Guess I'll just have to shoot curraheeguns' Krink once he gets it together. :D

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Well, thanks to the WTS page I now have a brand new Bulgarian AKS-74U de-milled parts kit to go with my brand new Bulgarian side folder w/ trunion.

Now I just need four more things:

1. NDS-2SF w/ Plate Receiver
    2. Bulgy Trigger Guard
    3. Someone to put it all together. (I am thinking Overland Indust. turnkey service for $325)
    4. Last but not least is another one of those damn pesky $200 stamps!!!

I'm starting to think I shoud tell people I collect stamps....not guns!!!!

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I got a N.I.W. one of these on the way with all parts and the trunion included!!! Now to pick the perfect Bulgarian host.

I figured the pistols would be easier to fine then this would so I snatched it up.

AK007BFS.jpg

THANK YOU! I'm GLAD you went with the correct sidefolding stock for a Bulgy rifle. That's nice. I have one on my 74 and love it. Just as comfortable as a solid stock IMHO.

You WILL have to remove your front trunnion to install that correctly though. :xmad:

That spring, pin and latch are for underneath the front trunnion and catch the rear of the stock when swung forward. You need a hole drilled in the bottom and a rectangle cut out of the side.

U/F stocks/trunnions are not that hard to fit either btw. Either that or I'm a skilled gunsmith :):

I built a Polish '47 from a kit and had to cut the openings and drill the holes myself- not very easy but it's doable. Best thing to do is either use sheetmetal marking paint or tape to cover the side of the receiver. Then set the trunnion OUTSIDE and mark the holes that way. It is definitely important to not hold it to the bottom edge when marking but definitely to the rear edge. Do that on each side and then drill and dremel away! I have a nice tight underfolder that locks up solid after 5 hours of work!

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Oh, I saw the Nodak Spud receiver. Haven't kept up on those since they had 2 models years ago. Now I see they make all of the necessary cuts! So sweet!

Top Bottom