• ...and so much more!
  • GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I live further south and didn't feel like driving north to find one of the UT classes when I have a FL class option right next door. Painless, just follow all the detailed instructions and you'll be fine!

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    What's this? My DD214 will waive a course requirement??? Missed this before. How does this work?

Why yes, indeed it will. I had the link to the Florida official web site but here is a Florida forum. At one time I thought you had to show on the DD214 that you had actual pistol training but they will accept the fact that you have a DD214. They know you got some arms training to posses one.

Veteran DD-214?

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Florida. They seem really efficient. They'll send you an application package and if you follow the instructions, you'll have your laminated, photo ID concealed carry permit, and a packet of Florida State laws that apply, in a couple of weeks! It's good for seven years.

I'm considering obtaining a Florida Permit! Liking the 7 years factor....and I don't think I'll get to the states that UT & AZ cover that FL doesn't!

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    I have a Florida, which was easier for me to get. IIRC Utah requires a "Utah certified" instructor or something like that. While that may be of no concern to those of you near the major cities, down here in the SE corner such an instructor is almost impossible to find (or at least it was when I went looking). Florida will accept the standard NRA class which I'd taken years before so it was easier to get, despite being slightly more expensive.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Do note that you won't be able to carry in every state that is listed on the secondary state license. Some states require you to be a resident of the state from which the license is issued. Even Florida does not honor NON-resident licenses from states that they honor for resident licenses.

Be sure to review: Handgunlaw.us

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Do note that you won't be able to carry in every state that is listed on the secondary state license. Some states require you to be a resident of the state from which the license is issued. Even Florida does not honor NON-resident licenses from states that they honor for resident licenses.

Yep. South Carolina is one such state. Those pricks only honor licenses from residents of neighboring states

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County

I believe that is why the OP referenced the USA Carry website map. It's a great map that accounts for the fact of your resident state along with non-resident licenses when showing what states you are legal to carry in. It's a go-to resource for me since I got my FL license. I have it favorited on my computer.

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have IN, UT, and AZ.

IN resident covers: AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MS, MO, MT, NH, NC, ND, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WI, WY (30)
    UT non-res adds: DE, MN, NE, OH, WA, WV (6)
    AZ non-res adds: NM (1) (also would open up DE, NE, and WV, if I didn't have them with the UT)

This means the only ones off-limits to me are: CA, CT, HI, IL, ME, MD, MA, NV, NJ, NY, OR, RI, SC (13)

I don't have it, but the FL non-res would open up DE, NE, NM, OH, WV

Yep. South Carolina is one such state. Those pricks only honor licenses from residents of neighboring states

SC honors resident-only permission slips from AK, AZ, AR, FL, KS, KY, LA, MI, MO, NM, NC, OH, OK, TN, TX, VA, WV, WY, is bordered by GA and NC, and does not recognize GA.

Hope that helps!

Blessings,
    Bill

Six Forty-Two

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    W. Lafayette
    I have VA. Easy to get. I got it mainly for OH. I took an online firearms safety class. That was all I needed.

Another good reference I have is a smartphone app called Legal Heat. Concise info about handgun laws in other states. (Sorry to thread jack)

Top Bottom