• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Interesting. I guess I've only seen the older ones. :)

Now you've seen a newer one!

25674330.jpg

breakinparts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    If you don't like how the 30 fits in your hand, I highly recommend the 36. I ended up with the 36 between the two and love it!... Either are great guns, but people definitely have different hands. You can choose :)

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    My G30 is my main carry gun. I love it.
    Good points made already.

A couple additional thoughts:
    -Make sure you try it out before you buy it. Some of my friends don't care for the grip/width, but it fits my hands well.
    -They are very difficult to hold without the finger-grip magazines.
    -I've never had trouble fitting the 10th round in. I have 4 mags and they all work fine after a short 'break in' period.
    -extended takedown lever is very nice... the stock tabs are hard for me to get ahold of.
    -I've fired full frame glocks in 9mm and .45 and both were difficult for me go get a comfortable grip on. I have smaller, wide palms.

Hope that helps!

Steady Glock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Good point!

Glock Steady:
    Were you wanting to switch to a .45? Or would you be content sticking with 9mm? If the latter, you may want to take a hard look at the 26, which is the subcompact version of the 17. It's a fair bit smaller and more concealable (both height and width) than the 30, yet has the same capacity (10+1) due to the smaller caliber. (Disclaimer: I haven't shot this one yet, so I can only offer the stats, no review.)

All great advice. I am looking at a .45, and definitely for concealment. I think I can get my hands around it, just need to test drive one of the rentals at the range.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Just wondering if anyone on here owns a Glock 30. I'm in the market for one and want to know if there are any reviews out there. Thanks.

Obviously lots of folks on here own a G30. And obviously there are lots of reviews out there (Google?).

Here's an older review, but a nicely done one:
    GLOCK MODEL 30

It's a nice package, especially in the short frame version which has a trigger reach similar to the other Glocks of that size, namely the G19 and G23. The G30 is actually about a quarter of an inch shorter than the G19/23 with the 10 rnd mag, but it is 0.09" wider at 1.27" vs 1.18". It is NOT an especially wide gun as one poster suggested. The SIG P228/229, for example is 1.5" wide.

The G30 also shoots softer than you might expect due to the telescoping recoil spring which effectively controls the slide velocity. Personally, I prefer the feel of the G30's recoil impulse to that of either the G19 or G23. G21 mags also fit, so a 13 rnd mag can be carried as a spare. Recommended.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    <<<< My 30 SF is my carry gun and I love it .

At first it was hard to get the 10th round in the mags but now the springs have softened up a bit and they hold all 10 .

The recoil isn't as bad as you would think it would be for such a small gun and the G21 13 rnd mags work in it also .

It's a good 10 + 1 gun and even better if you carry a G21 spare mag .

Steady Glock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Hey,

Thanks to everyone for the excellent info. I got to the gun shop today and handled a G30 for a while. Really a different feel compared to my G17, which fits me perfectly. The G30 "out of box" model I handled didn't have the extended mag, which I gather will make a huge difference. I didn't feel like I had the same degree of control as I do with the G17, and the trigger guard seemed to agitate my middle finger just above the second knuckle. Didn't have enough time to figure out why this was, but I'll be sure to experiment a little more thoroughly at the range, where they have a rental G30. Maybe a G30SF will make a difference in this slight discomfort as well.

Steady

Top Bottom