• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mine is a J frame made in 1978. S&W keeps changing stuff on me!
    Ah, I did not realize there were both revolver and semi-auto Chief's Specials. I got the .38s this year, two of them for a deal I could not pass up in March, as well as a Model 28 but not in .357 instead it is .41 Magnum. These are all six-shooters too, so I think the .38s are K-frame. My one other classic S&W, a J-frame .32, is also in the group but bought about a year ago.
    S&W Classic Revolvers.jpg

45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well now that I have posted all but one of my 2023 purchases, I may as well put up this one, purchased on 2 January, a Sig P938 9mm, another great shooter. Used with one flush and three extended mags. This is a newer one with the upgraded main spring. Initially I bought a P938 in December but had to return it as it was the old style main spring and had worn to the point that the hammer would follow the slide back and then you would have to rack it to shoot again.
    Sig P938.jpg

I do miss the nice looking grip on the one I had to return:
    P938.JPG

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Bought 11 guns, so far in 2023 (app. 2/mo.)
    All are in .22LR except for two.
    Really having fun with the hobby this year! :ingo:
    Pics below of a few interesting ones.

Gravitating toward Browning Buckmarks, having 4 at one time (3 now), after finding them better than the average offerings out there after trying all the .22LR brands multiple times.
    Browning Buckmark 10" Silhouette Target with 4 upgrades.
    pic on 02.01.2022.jpg

Browning Buckmark Plus Vision Black/Gold
    I have a red dot on this one now.
    pic of gun wTarget in background.jpg

Browning Buckmark Pro Target 5.5" w/red dot & Tandemkross "Gearbox," lighter trigger, spring with "case" for easy fitment & Volquartsen extractor
    pic with red dot right side.jpg

My favorite "decades-old" gun in 2023 have been SW 422 series & variants.
    SW 422
    3.02.2022 Zach SW 422 at Range.jpg

SW 422 variant: 2204 3"
    pic right side.jpg

SW 2206 Stainless Steel & rear adj. sights (422 variant)
    pic left side at range.jpg

A splurge would be a 1970s High-Standard Victor Military .22LR Target pistol.
    Always wanted to try one of these out.
    pics 6.20.2023 left side at range.jpg

Revising a favorite revolver in the SW 17 series.
    I regretted selling a 17-4 Masterpiece Target revolver, so I picked up a 17-2.
    left side.jpg

Last edited:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Bought 11 guns, so far in 2023 (app. 2/mo.)
    All are in .22LR except for two.
    Wow!! So far in 2023 I think only two guns - a Tikka T1x 22lr bolt action and a 9mm Smith Shield Plus optics ready. The Tikka has a great adjustable trigger but every single group I have tried to shoot with it has had a flier , I just quit shooting it. Just wish my CZ 452 had an out of the box trigger this good.

The Shield has been a major disappointment , two different optics (Romeo Zero and Holosun 407K) which zeroed fine on 3 other pistols - Sig P365X , P322 and Glock 43X would not zero on the Shield. With elevation maxed out in down position gun is 4" high at 25 feet and 12" high at 25 yards.

Smith customer service says since the open sights work fine to contact Sig and Holosun. Funny thing when I installed an angled shim I was able to finally zero the Shield.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I bought a csx and wasn’t really wanting one. I knew it wasn’t what I really wanted. Reviews that I’ve read have been on the negative slant. Certainly not 1911ish.

Price was very good. Ended up getting a $75 rebate from S&W on top of that. So not including tax, ammo, and pocket holster, the csx was a very good deal.

I took it to the range and loved it immediately. I didn’t expect to have such a great little pistol.

45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought a csx and wasn’t really wanting one. I knew it wasn’t what I really wanted. Reviews that I’ve read have been on the negative slant. Certainly not 1911ish.

Price was very good. Ended up getting a $75 rebate from S&W on top of that. So not including tax, ammo, and pocket holster, the csx was a very good deal.

I took it to the range and loved it immediately. I didn’t expect to have such a great little pistol.
    All metal micro-compact pistol in 9 or 10 mm. Nice! Did you get a 9 or a 10 mm?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Nothing in 2023 currently, though I have considered listing my TSO to fund a Beretta 1301 since I have gotten into shotguns so much recently.

Top Bottom