• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    If you want Kimber go to the Indiana Gun Club they stock almost every model currently being made, which is a significantly better selection than you will see at the 1500. Plus while you are there they can get you to not buy a POS Kimber.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Does this mean that all Kimbers are POS, or just specific models? I'm confused and just curious.

All of them , at this point I pretty much blame Kimber for the current "1911's are not reliable" crap. They use sub-par materials and rely on marketing and their image to sell guns. The one Kimber I did have a "Stainless" TLE rusted in my dehumidified safe why my carbon steel Python was just fine. For the price of a Kimber you could get a significantly better 1911 from Colt, or Springfield.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Agree with the recommendation regarding IGC. Much better to go to the store, as you can take your time and avoid the crowds.

IIRC, IGC sets up at the 1500 and they take a lot of inventory, so don't visit the store on the show weekend unless you call them first.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Agree with the recommendation regarding IGC. Much better to go to the store, as you can take your time and avoid the crowds.

IIRC, IGC sets up at the 1500 and they take a lot of inventory, so don't visit the store on the show weekend unless you call them first.
    Last year I bought an EMP from IGC. Good price, great people.

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    I also highly recommend IGC... Bought many guns there. Great service and price. Pretty much the only shop I go to anymore.

Also, I have had Kimber 1911s. They are OK, but you will see better ones for the same money at IGC...

Mark

mototc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    There are always a handful of vendors with Kimbers. The only Kimber model I've even been really into and you rarely see is the SIS. Not really sure how many were made, but think they only made this model for one year.
    There was a really clean pre-owned there for sale on Friday. I'm sure someone will snatch it up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All of the dealers I spoke to were very nice. Those guns were in the second room and were toward the rear.

I must have missed them. I had good interactions with most every dealer we talked to. Knowing about half of them is a big help.....:):
    I saw a springer stainless V-12 for south of $800. I have wanted one but was on the hunt for mags and ammo. Ammo and mags.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I must have missed them. I had good interactions with most every dealer we talked to. Knowing about half of them is a big help.....:):
    I saw a springer stainless V-12 for south of $800. I have wanted one but was on the hunt for mags and ammo. Ammo and mags.
    The wife was looking at the onyx when we first walked in. He said it was new but it looked a little scratched up.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    There are always a handful of vendors with Kimbers. The only Kimber model I've even been really into and you rarely see is the SIS. Not really sure how many were made, but think they only made this model for one year.
    There was a really clean pre-owned there for sale on Friday. I'm sure someone will snatch it up.
    The_space_bar_is_not_working,_I_now_have_the_SIS_mentioned_in_my_safe.

Top Bottom