• tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Second hand information soooooo???
    Was Informed of a anti gun program on PBS tonight at 10:00------------
    If it is--call in a voice your displeasure---------------

We can make more calls than they have subscribers-----we MIGHT get their attention

tallend

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    CSNBC has been rerunning, and rerunning, and rerunning their hit piece titled "Rise of the AR15"
    Expect another push by the left to enact more "common sense" control measures, whether it be by legislative action, or "executive order".

Obama just stated a week or so ago that his inability to enact gun control measures has been his biggest disappointment.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Just did a quick check on the channel guide: "Gunned Down" (Frontline)
    Only saw the title, without hitting the "Enter" key, then moved on.
    I don't need these bozos getting my ire up.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    CSNBC has been rerunning, and rerunning, and rerunning their hit piece titled "Rise of the AR15"
    Expect another push by the left to enact more "common sense" control measures, whether it be by legislative action, or "executive order".

Obama just stated a week or so ago that his inability to enact gun control measures has been his biggest disappointment.

Oh, I am expecting it. I definitely think the Obama lackeys are starting to panic that their dear leader is reaching the end of his term in office and this hasn't gotten done yet.

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    Oh, I am expecting it. I definitely think the Obama lackeys are starting to panic that their dear leader is reaching the end of his term in office and this hasn't gotten done yet.

Not only that but Hillary's popularity, confidence is on the decline among Democratic voters. If there's even a remote chance they don't feel a Dem will be in office in 2016, you'll see a flurry of interest in pushing forward these policy changes. It's going to get interesting folks.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Anti-gun program on PBS.

In other news, MTV to air a semi-scripted "reality" show with 20-somethings.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Gov funding of PBS and NPR in an era of thousands TV channel and radio station choices is complete and utter nonsense. Defund now.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Read the OP about a half hour before it aired and decided to stay up and watch.
    The first thing I noticed is that it seemed like an infomercial for anti-gun advocates. The second thing was how they only blamed the gun for the violence, not the shooter. They gave a quick background on each of them and how they got their hands on the guns, but never once do they say anything holding the bad guys accountable.................it was only the gun(s).........acting on their own.
    The funding needs to stop for sure. It seems like every time I see a PBS station, they're on there begging for viewers money.
    After last night's viewing, I'm done watching anything they show. They can take "This Old House" and shove it up their old liberal ass.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    I watched it. Pretty disgusting, but beautifully made. I great piece of propaganda. Millions will see it as if it is a news program. The individual pictures of each of the little kids did get to me. Very painful.

I didn't get the demonizing of guns as much as it was an open and direct attack against the NRA and Wayne LaPierre. It makes the organization and its people as uncaring, insensitive opportunists. The show was outraged that LaPierre did not shut up, but came out swinging about good guys with guns. I believe the NRA does exactly what the anti-2A guys do. Never let a disaster go to waste. Seems like equal force applied by both sides.

I have donated money to PBS in the past. That is not only over, but I am now a real anti-PBS guy. This reminds me of the ACLU who stands for civil liberties as long as it doesn't involve the 2A.

The best worst piece of propaganda to date. Are there no 2A film makers with any talent?

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Are there no 2A film makers with any talent?

I'm sure there have to be some, but unfortunately, it's partly a left-brain right-brain sort of thing. Film making, journalism, and the other "liberal" arts are touchy-feely type activities that liberals are naturally more attracted to than conservatives. Since conservatives are less likely to enjoy such activities, there are fewer pro-gun film makers. Since there are fewer pro-gun film makers, the ones that exist get ostracized, shunned, etc. and have a harder time developing their skills and their professional contacts. This then ends up being a feedback loop where the minority of conservatives that would normally be interested, get so discouraged by the whole situation (knowing that even if they can become technically very good at their profession, they won't ever get a fair chance within the industry) that most choose not to even try at all because it isn't practical or wise to place yourself in that type of professional situation.

Top Bottom