• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Agreed to it because of my wife, sometimes you have to swim in shark infested waters.

Your MIL is a hateful bitch and is trying to drive a wedge between you and your wife.
    She is manipulating to cause a problem in your marriage.
    Both of you should realize this and place the blame squarely where it belongs.
    It probably doesn't stop with just the gun thing right?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I might be against the grain here.

Relationships are give and take. Sometimes you ask a bit much of them and they in turn are allowed to ask a bit much of you.

I say skip the firearm this time.
    Perhaps go to a bigger pocket knife, mace, stun gun etc.

I assume you're driving. Maybe throw a small shotty or rifle behind the seat. That way you have it if you need it but nones the wiser.

Plus, if you go sans firearm and show some real compromise, you will prob score major points with the wife.
    Oh no lol wife carries and Mil does not know. So I would loose points big time.

Pepper spray having Trained with it not ideal, wind direction etc can really be an issue.

I am really not one to experiment when it comes to safety. Also we will be hiking in Bear country so while I do not anticipate a problem, I am going with safe not sorry.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Your MIL is a hateful bitch and is trying to drive a wedge between you and your wife.
    She is manipulating to cause a problem in your marriage.
    Both of you should realize this and place the blame squarely where it belongs.
    It probably doesn't stop with just the gun thing right?
    Yes last time it went so far as to her throwing a hissy over my protein choice for the grill.

We like grilled fish she was informed there are several restaurants in town and we would not be offended if she took a drive to one of them.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yes last time it went so far as to her throwing a hissy over my protein choice for the grill.

We like grilled fish she was informed there are several restaurants in town and we would not be offended if she took a drive to one of them.

Holy crap, what a nightmare. She is the textbook definition of "misery loves company".

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    So found out today after agreeing to partake in gathering in the Mountains this weekend. MIL informs my wife let your husband know his service weapon will not be allowed at the condo I booked! The only reason I initially agreed was my wife wanted to see her sister and nieces. So looks like I have three options:

1 Put on my captain ***hat and not go.

2 Book a room elsewhere for the 3 nights

3 travel as I normally would, noting that I emailed the management company explained my situation and was advised the no firearms rule is not an absolute hard and fast rule. I do believe in the property owners rights and would have ultimately elected not to stay there if it was in fact a hard line rule.

MIL has belief that her opinion and beliefs over rule others rights! I am absolutely sure this was done intentionally in her classic passive aggressive fashion.

Thoughts?
    Glad I'm not you!:nuts:
    Take it and not tell her. Had a FORMER M.I.L. like that. Told her that keeping her daughter was now MY responsibility and would do what I needed to do. **** her:stickpoke:

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Agreed to it because of my wife, sometimes you have to swim in shark infested waters.
    I don’t really have anything to add that hasn’t been said. Just stumbled across this in surfing the web. Thought it fit.

The article said SC insisted on a plexiglass shield between he and the sharks, and one shark got around the shields and he had to exit the pool post haste.

My advice: stay close to the edge of the pool!!!!

Edit: ok I did give advice after all.......

Enjoy the time away!!!

Last edited:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I agree with KLB many folks are reading the first post and then hitting the reply button. One thing I noticed in the first post was the term service weapon. I could be wrong but this tells me the OP carries his weapon for his work. Anyway hope you enjoy your time in the mountains.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

You should’ve treated her like a kid...

“you’ll eat what I cook”

“sit there all night you’re not getting up until it’s finished”

“stop pouting”

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Conceal carry and keep your mouth shut. Problem solved.

The old battle ax gets to pretend she's in control and you get to protect your family.

Mom's probably an old bird who is unlikely to change. Don't waste the energy or irritation trying to get her to believe as you do.

Protect your family and resist the urge to thumb a nose at the MIL.

She'll be gone someday and you might actually miss her.

Make it a little game with the wife and flash her your gun and other things when no one is watching.

Make lemonade brother, life is too short.

Top Bottom