• ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I see a very simple answer:
    How do you value your marriage? What exactly is your wife’s stance on it? With it being her side of the family, I see the “happy wife/happy life” coming out to play. I agree with others in keeping it well hidden. Would your wife be upset with you keeping it out of sight? If so then I think there is a deeper issue than a quick getaway with the MIL.
    So I vote keep it in the vehicle and pick your battle. It’s not the tough guy answer everyone likes to chant, but it works.
    P.s. IN-LAWS are hard to get along with says everyone I know!!
    Well solution is to stay elsewhere, wife is very pro 2a, would never ask me to leave it home to appease mil. Although I do have secure storage thats Not the point.

understanding you pick your battles this will will see me planting my flag on the hill. Going to a tourist trap with out appropriate tools not even up for debate.

TomO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2014
    Central
    Well solution is to stay elsewhere, wife is very pro 2a, would never ask me to leave it home to appease mil. Although I do have secure storage thats Not the point.

understanding you pick your battles this will will see me planting my flag on the hill. Going to a tourist trap with out appropriate tools not even up for debate.

Congrats - sounds like you’ve got a great woman there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Just got on line booked a room at Margaritavile Inn. Seems like the best compromise. Apparently her mom is now all offended! My wife told her we can meet up for desert or breakfast, perhaps some attractions. My wife told her actions have consequences and if she keeps it up we will not see them at all.

Appears there may be the possibility of having a good time.
    Your wife is too cool. Definitely a keeper.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I see a very simple answer:
    How do you value your marriage? What exactly is your wife’s stance on it? With it being her side of the family, I see the “happy wife/happy life” coming out to play. I agree with others in keeping it well hidden. Would your wife be upset with you keeping it out of sight? If so then I think there is a deeper issue than a quick getaway with the MIL.
    So I vote keep it in the vehicle and pick your battle. It’s not the tough guy answer everyone likes to chant, but it works.
    P.s. IN-LAWS are hard to get along with says everyone I know!!
    ******* In-laws are. Good In-laws are fine.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    First rule of MIL is "do not negotiate with MIL".
    That is exactly where this whole mess started me going against my better Judgement and trying to compromise. For too long I Have went along to get along, now I am understanding there really is not benefit to that strategy when it involves compromise of my rules to live by.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I married my wife not her mother ! Period end of story.
    Hell I been around anti’s before that had no idea I was even carrying .
    What they don’t know won’t hurt them , but then again what they don’t know might save their life !?

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods

Yes, sounds like your wife has her priorities right. She is what matters. And I wouldn’t think of not having the “appropriate tools” on hand. I was just giving an opinion on how to deal with a sticky situation. Hope your time in the Mountains are very joyful!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So found out today after agreeing to partake in gathering in the Mountains this weekend. MIL informs my wife let your husband know his service weapon will not be allowed at the condo I booked! The only reason I initially agreed was my wife wanted to see her sister and nieces. So looks like I have three options:

1 Put on my captain ***hat and not go.

2 Book a room elsewhere for the 3 nights

3 travel as I normally would, noting that I emailed the management company explained my situation and was advised the no firearms rule is not an absolute hard and fast rule. I do believe in the property owners rights and would have ultimately elected not to stay there if it was in fact a hard line rule.

MIL has belief that her opinion and beliefs over rule others rights! I am absolutely sure this was done intentionally in her classic passive aggressive fashion.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Do your balls get a new glass jar if you comply?

You spent more time asking a question than I would payimg any attention to the matter.

Enjoy the trip... use the time to appreciate the woman who delivered your wife.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Appears the management company would rather Not have firearms on the property however they allow it on a case by case basis from what I gather from their email.

So there is that, but there are no young children going, 13 is the youngest and she is a young shooter.

So it’s all about mil that insists the world is always a safe place because she says so.

Just got on line booked a room at Margaritavile Inn. Seems like the best compromise. Apparently her mom is now all offended! My wife told her we can meet up for desert or breakfast, perhaps some attractions. My wife told her actions have consequences and if she keeps it up we will not see them at all.

Appears there may be the possibility of having a good time.
    Good on her.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My wifes grandmother was the one who tried to be controlling when we were first married. Back then, we would have family get togethers and the old bag would usually not attend. She agreed to come to our place once, but under the condition that there would be no drinking……

We had the biggest beer tasting, probably 20 different beers, a few people even brought some high brow bourbons to sample. It was a lot of fun, and we still do it a few times a year, and it all got started by a cranky old biddy that just wanted everybody else to be as miserable as her.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My MIL thought she would have a say in who stood next to me as part of the wedding (as well as who would walk my wife down the aisle -- wife's father passed away a few years before we got married). Wife and I set that straight immediately and set the tone from there...

That and moving 900 miles away about a year after we got married handled that situation.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Yes, sounds like your wife has her priorities right. She is what matters. And I wouldn’t think of not having the “appropriate tools” on hand. I was just giving an opinion on how to deal with a sticky situation. Hope your time in the Mountains are very joyful!
    Hope my response did not come across as kurt as that was not my intention, just that there are some things I do not make compromises on.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I might be against the grain here.

Relationships are give and take. Sometimes you ask a bit much of them and they in turn are allowed to ask a bit much of you.

I say skip the firearm this time.
    Perhaps go to a bigger pocket knife, mace, stun gun etc.

I assume you're driving. Maybe throw a small shotty or rifle behind the seat. That way you have it if you need it but nones the wiser.

Plus, if you go sans firearm and show some real compromise, you will prob score major points with the wife.

Top Bottom