• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    How would a gun in the possession of either of the main players have changed things or played out? I know, there's some guessing involved, but imagine that one or the other had a gun.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    One thing I immediately noticed was the very apparent grooming right before Mr. I'mfromNewYork starts the fight. He pulls his pants up, then tries to throw a punch but I'm guessing (maybe because of stress?) miscalculates his distance, so he realizes he has to get closer, hence the slide-step. I know this is harder said than done and is hard to perceive in real time, but seems that it would have been helpful for Mr. Greenshirt to get his hands up quicker at the first sign of grooming.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    One thing I immediately noticed was the very apparent grooming right before Mr. I'mfromNewYork starts the fight. He pulls his pants up, then tries to throw a punch but I'm guessing (maybe because of stress?) miscalculates his distance, so he realizes he has to get closer, hence the slide-step. I know this is harder said than done and is hard to perceive in real time, but seems that it would have been helpful for Mr. Greenshirt to get his hands up quicker at the first sign of grooming.

Good observations. Jdhaines will be proud of you.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    How would a gun in the possession of either of the main players have changed things or played out? I know, there's some guessing involved, but imagine that one or the other had a gun.

This is just a guess, but I think that if anyone would have exposed a gun during all the posturing, the other side would have tried to run away immediately. I didn't get the sense from the video that either side was prepared to deal with the introduction of a firearm into the mix. If the gun would have been exposed during the grapple, who knows what might have happened?

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    This is just a guess, but I think that if anyone would have exposed a gun during all the posturing, the other side would have tried to run away immediately. I didn't get the sense from the video that either side was prepared to deal with the introduction of a firearm into the mix. If the gun would have been exposed during the grapple, who knows what might have happened?

that's the scary part, for me -- the way a fistfight or FUT can immediately become a gunfight, and with no great way to figure out who will have it. Your gun can become his gun or anyone's gun very quickly.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Good observations. Jdhaines will be proud of you.

Yes he would... I thought about the recent class when watching this. I also have to realize that I saw things from a different visual perspective than these two men and knew there was a fight about to start, so I was watching for this. I would hope that I could be better prepared for a fight if I were the one being attacked by watching for these signs, but the most obvious thing I would do different here is walk away.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Years ago I ran across an almost fight. My then girl friend and I were just leaving an evening showing of a movie and walked out of the theater into the parking lot. Gentleman with young son was yelling at a bunch (7-8) teens/20's. They were advancing on each other. All I could see was a father getting his **s handed to him in front of his young son.
    At that time I was a volunteer in Mishawakas then Civil Defense Police unit. I was carrying my 92 FS and police radio. Police were already on the way (radio chatter) so I showed the young guys my radio and advised them they'd better be moving on.
    Luckily they did after a few choice words. I then disregarded the responding officers and had a talk with the father. After he calmed down he realized how things could have gone and thanked me for intervening.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes he would... I thought about the recent class when watching this. I also have to realize that I saw things from a different visual perspective than these two men and knew there was a fight about to start, so I was watching for this. I would hope that I could be better prepared for a fight if I were the one being attacked by watching for these signs, but the most obvious thing I would do different here is walk away.

Freek was not going to let it go. He was following them for the camera or so it seemed to me.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Freek was not going to let it go. He was following them for the camera or so it seemed to me.

I have to assume that the camera started rolling because of the confrontation on both sides. I wouldn't let it get that far, if it were up to me. Yes, the fight may be brought to me, but in this instance I think both were chest pumping and letting their egos get the better of themselves.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    I am guessing he would have preferred getting his winky sucked over getting f'd like he did. I have a headache from watching...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It looks like white guy pulled Freek's shirt over his arms but hard to tell. Freek should have stopped pursuing. Every time they turned to leave he advanced. When they turned to face him he backed off just enough. He was attempting to get the drop on the white guy. Ended up badly for him. Can not see this holding up in court but I never though Barry would get elected either.

Last edited:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Why does every guy from New York have to tell you he is from New York. I used to work with a guy that when he was confronted about his jacka**ery, he would say "i'm from New York" or "I'm from Brooklyn"...

I've heard others say that to in the heat......SO...;)

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Reminds me of the age-old cliche: Don't write a check with your mouth that your azz can't cash.

This exactly. Scrawny dudes who don't know how to fight should shut up and walk away. They should never initiate a fight.

I don't buy any of it. The whole thing looks staged. Freekie kept looking for the cameras. He was putting on a show. It looked like he was getting b*tch slapped not beat up. If that were a real beating shouldn't there have been some blood?

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Why does every guy from New York have to tell you he is from New York. I used to work with a guy that when he was confronted about his jacka**ery, he would say "i'm from New York" or "I'm from Brooklyn"...

I've heard others say that to in the heat......SO...;)

I dated a guy from NY, he's a major know it all jerk. Every time I called him out for his rude behavior towards me he gave me the I'm from New York excuse. He also implied that I was thin skinned or better yet mean for calling him out for his bad behavior. I let him know that I thought he was just an a*s. I don't talk to him very often anymore for this reason. Life is too short to waste time with jerks.

My BFF is also from the same area of NY, he has never been rude like that to me. He knows better. That's why he will always be my best friend.

Being from New York is not a license to be an a*shole. As this guy found out, being a jerk hurts. :boxing: :stretcher:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This exactly. Scrawny dudes who don't know how to fight should shut up and walk away. They should never initiate a fight.

I don't buy any of it. The whole thing looks staged. Freekie kept looking for the cameras. He was putting on a show. It looked like he was getting b*tch slapped not beat up. If that were a real beating shouldn't there have been some blood?

He got some serious chop shots towards the end. He was past stunned. Look at his actions after it stopped.

Top Bottom