• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    First, language warning. Nothing atypical for this kind of video, but be warned, the language is not appropriate for sensitive ears. Or really ANY ears, but it's real world language.

Second, let's get it on. We can analyze later.

[video=youtube;6DepefuRqwQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DepefuRqwQ[/video]

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Sometimes one should just be smart enough to walk away, clearly this guy was not capable of doing so at the beginning and definitely not capable of doing so at the end.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Can't tell if he tried to shuck his shirt and got caught in it, or if the other guy either purposely (or from the video more likely inadvertently) "shirted" him, but that was the end of the fight for all practical purposes.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Don't know what it started over but I don't care where you from, not a good idea to run your mouth. I do have to wonder if the guy that won the fight may have an assault charge coming his way, I know legally you can defend yourself, the other guy did take the first swing, but that fight was over about 20 hits to the head before it stopped.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I don't know the real story of what happened BEFORE all of this on the video. Some other supposed info from the internet:

Supposedly happened in Arizona. The white guy was reportedly some truck driver. The other guy was reportedly a DJ "DJ Freekie London" from NY. I don't know anything about the other white guy.

What lessons do we learn?

One thing I'd throw out there is "WALK AWAY". Both sides had the opportunity to walk away. The fact that some idiot is running his mouth does NOT mean you just have to fight him. Freekie, in particular (only because of the situation -- two against one, both bigger than he is, and the two SEEMED to be walking away until he kept running his piehole and went after one...) I wasn't there, but it LOOKS like if Freekie had just shut up and walked away as the two walked away to our right, it would have never been on the Internet. Again, going only from what seems to be happening on the vid -- maybe it wasn't like that.

FWIW, Freekie, or someone posing as him, posted some tweets saying he learned lessons that day, including the lesson that he doesn't have to go around acting tough.

Any other info any of you can shed on the incident, or your thoughts and lessons...?

ETA: Another idea reinforced by this video -- once you get started, there's no telling when it will stop. Freekie is lucky people got this guy to stop, or he chose to, or whatever way you see it. We've seen similar incidents that went further. You should NOT assume that as soon as you hold up a hand and say "uncle", the other guy(s) will stop. I would also say he's lucky the other guy didn't jump in... but I think that's kind of a moot point, given the outcome. In any case, WE should always assume that everyone available will jump in. If Freekie had been on top a moment longer, the other guy MIGHT have jumped in. There was never really any need for it, which MIGHT be the only reason he stayed out.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    As gun owners we have to look differently at situations such as this. I am no LEO but I do know getting into a fist fight while carrying can turn into a very serious charge even if the firearm never leaves the holster. That can be difficult because somebody picking a fist fight with you does not mean your life is in danger, even if you think you will lose the fight. Looking at this video with that in mind, it looks like the fight could have been ended several times if any of the 3 had just shut up and walked off, being a man that can be hard to do.
    I can say if it was me and I was carrying at the time, I would have walked away. If not carrying at the time, I can't say for sure.

You out bringing up the "freekie" name rang a bell, I can't find it now but I remember seeing this on Facebook, freekie is suing the guy that whipped him. Can't remember if criminal charges or not or the details of the suit but I do remember what I read said he was suing.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    You out bringing up the "freekie" name rang a bell, I can't find it now but I remember seeing this on Facebook, freekie is suing the guy that whipped him. Can't remember if criminal charges or not or the details of the suit but I do remember what I read said he was suing.

That's another good lesson. Even if the other guy pressed it, or flat-out started it, even if no charges are pressed, there's still THAT whole can of worms. Is it worth it? A guy bumps your girlfriend at a gas station -- is it worth it? A guy calls you a name -- is it worth it? A cop takes your wallet and uses it to buy breakfast... ok that's worth it, because it's WALLET!

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    I found this video last night. Two of the Gracie brothers analyzed the video, and did a pretty good job of it, their video of the video is worth a watch. Ill add my two cents.

First I would agree both parties should have walked away, im not sure whether the fight was over "Disrespect", or the stepping on of ones new Jordans, but either way most street fights can and should be avoided. With that being said the bigger guy did a good job of clinching with the smaller guy. Most street fights I've seen rarely utilize any kind of clinch or takedown.

I think once on the ground, neither party really knew what they were doing. The big guy landed several good shots to the smaller guy, and was lucky his hand didn't break. A RNC here would have ended the fight a lot more peacefully, and probably less painfully for both parties once the big guy had the little guys back.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    My analysis:

1. Hit the walk away button.
    2. Don't pick fights when your outnumbered.
    3. Don't pick fights when your out weighed that much.
    4. If a guy is willing to get in a fight when he is outweighed AND outnumbered use caution, he might be armed.
    5. Take any shirts or entangling objects off BEFORE the fight starts.
    6. Where your from doesn't influence your fighting skills.
    7. Don't give up your back to protect your face.
    8. Be aware of your surroundings so you at least have room to walk/run away if the chance presents itself. fighting between cars ain't fun.
    9. If you end up on the losing end, THEY decide when it's over. Every fight is a potential life or death situation once engaged.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    :45 The white fellow traps the black fellow's leg and crawls up over him. That's the end of the fight. (unless you count the fight over when the black fellow threw a punch when he was giving up at least 500 lbs and two fists to the white fellows).

Anyone else get that sick feeling immediately after the fight, expecting the buddy to punt the loser in the face? Something about convenience store parking lots seems to bring that move out in people. Some dude gets beaten near senseless and while he is face down on the ground he lifts his head up as one of the victors is walking away they haul back and kick him in the face.

JKDmop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Crook County
    Hi all, I don't post much but I do lurk watching for training opportunities.

Like many have stated both could have walked away. I think the most important part of a video like this is it shows how fast things happen in a fight. If you take away the posturing, extra punches, and post fight celebration the whole fight lasts 30 seconds.

Here is my take (all will be named by their shirt color):
    :36 After reaching back at 4:00 and 8:00 on his waistband Black feints an attack at Green. If Black was armed, Green could very well be dead and the fight over.

Green makes sure not to flinch (very impressive) except he then eats the left hand and almost a right hand after it. I'm pretty sure the right misses, it definitely didn't land flush. A good start to the fight for Black and Green is literally starting the fight off his heels.

:39 Green recovers his balance, gets underhooks and drives forward for the takedown. Black is off balance from punching and outsized, he offers no takedown defense.

:40 It has only been 4 seconds since the first punch and both fighters are on the ground-maybe the Gracie's were unto something.

:42 With Black struggling to his feet Green ignores his surroundings and his position as he swings at Black while leaning against a moving car for support.

:43 Green loses position. Green may have some wrestling training and keeps moving.

:45 Green exposes himself to 2 different armbars and for a second it looks like Black is trying for one. Green frees his arm and takes the top position.

:50 Black has no guard game and makes a desperate attempt to get to his knees.

:52 Green shows wrestling skills and dominates the referee's position.

:54 Green mounts, black frees his hands but not his hips.

:58 Green pins Black in back mount and the fight is over except for Green taking free shots at Black's face.

A few lessons learned:

-Watch the hands
    -Don't act tough, hands up and protect the face
    -Takedown defense is key
    -Don't forget about he Gi, I see lots of cloth grabbing in the clinch and ground scrambles
    - Watch the surroundings

other thoughts: Why do people not understand they are always recorded? Green might have some trouble in court. White guys dropping N-bombs and offering to go around the corner to fight might not have the best self defense defense in the eyes of a jury.

BrentC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Louisville
    Don't know what it started over but I don't care where you from, not a good idea to run your mouth. I do have to wonder if the guy that won the fight may have an assault charge coming his way, I know legally you can defend yourself, the other guy did take the first swing, but that fight was over about 20 hits to the head before it stopped.

I was wondering about this too. Once black guy's head is wobbling, I would think the law would say the threat is over and the white guy has to stop but he kept swinging. The law may give some leeway and allow a few more hits but I am guessing not as many as he took if that makes sense.

Top Bottom