• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Assuming that a good Christian would not be indulging in necromancy or summoning demons, I must assume that is yet another occasion of claiming knowledge you cannot possibly have
    And he called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.’
    - Luke 16:24

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How much in terms of dollars? Bubba with the Chevy certainly isn't paying top dollar. You can find cash only work, but I certain it's not a "livable wage".

I'm not sure what the right answer is for the question "taxed income vs. cash under the table." My guess is we're both looking at it differently based on our person experiences.

Here's an interesting article with some numbers.
    https://bipartisanpolicy.org/blog/how-do-undocumented-immigrants-pay-federal-taxes-an-explainer/

It's an least worth noting that those folks are helping to prop up that ponzi scheme known as Social Security.
    https://www.marketplace.org/2019/01...-pay-billions-social-security-and-receive-no/

My question to you would be, "would you rather them pay tax, or continue off the books?"

Least at least agree that we seriously need immigration reform. The interesting thing is that most of these immigrants align with core Republican beliefs - freedom, low taxes, anti-abortion, marriage, self reliance, families, religion, etc. ... except immigration.
    Man you are soooooooooooo out of touch on the under the radar cash work thing. It is alive and very well.
    Even when I tell you it s alive you dispute my statement. And in a manner that is a bit silly over all. It is obvious you have no clue as to this and I mean no disrespect. None. You obviously move in different circles.

See this is the thing, we all see the reality's around us through different lenses. How we move through this world. It has a deep effect on our opinions and decisions.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    And he called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.’
    - Luke 16:24
    The Rich Man couldn’t ask for “ice water”, because mechanical refrigeration was not available in Biblical times.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    You mean the “permanent visitors” that pay income tax now, yet aren't eligible for stimulus payments, or EIC, or a number of other things?
    Damn right. These illegals shouldn’t get SH*T from the rest of us and SHOULD have to pay until they come in the FRONT door and wait their turn for citizenship. And they should STOP using their offspring as a way to get in. And we as a country should STOP letting them take advantage of us. Furthermore, greedy whore (including Republican) business owners are a big part of the problem as well by looking the other way to get cheap labor.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    How much in terms of dollars? Bubba with the Chevy certainly isn't paying top dollar. You can find cash only work, but I certain it's not a "livable wage".

I'm not sure what the right answer is for the question "taxed income vs. cash under the table." My guess is we're both looking at it differently based on our person experiences.

Here's an interesting article with some numbers.
    https://bipartisanpolicy.org/blog/how-do-undocumented-immigrants-pay-federal-taxes-an-explainer/

It's an least worth noting that those folks are helping to prop up that ponzi scheme known as Social Security.
    https://www.marketplace.org/2019/01...-pay-billions-social-security-and-receive-no/

My question to you would be, "would you rather them pay tax, or continue off the books?"

Least at least agree that we seriously need immigration reform. The interesting thing is that most of these immigrants align with core Republican beliefs - freedom, low taxes, anti-abortion, marriage, self reliance, families, religion, etc. ... except immigration
    Those I am referrying to are doing nothing to help our "social security". In this area, the Amish have work crews that travel all over the region to work construction jobs. Many of their "drivers" are Hispanic, since the Amish cannot drive or own the vehicles. They get paid in CASH. The Amish "taxi" drivers charge $100 per person for trips to Fort Wayne. They get paid in CASH. Are you starting to get it?
    We have an immigration system. Perfect, no but it is the law. The proper way to change that is through legislation, not making your first act an illegal one to enter.
    Liveable wage, by whose definition? Supposedly these people came from nothing, so what entitles them to more than the homeless veteran on the street or the child in the large metro area that doesn't eat unless they get meals from the schools?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    They could simplify the income tax. But then who would keep Turbo Tax in business?
    I'm perfectly fine seeing people who make their living off of a bloated and unnecessarily complicated tax system losing their game.

If you focus everything onto sales tax, then you're going to get a huge black market economy because of high incentives to cheat.
    Please. How many people seek out black market solutions for new products to avoid state sales tax? If I need a new toaster, pretty sure I'm just going to go to the store and get one, regardless of sales tax. The guy in a box truck down by the river probably doesn't have the brand I want anyway.

And it's a hell of a lot easier to cheat on income tax than it is to avoid a sales tax on new products. Let me know what tricks you have to avoid paying sales tax on new big-ticket items in Indiana.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm perfectly fine seeing people who make their living off of a bloated and unnecessarily complicated tax system losing their game.

Please. How many people seek out black market solutions for new products to avoid state sales tax? If I need a new toaster, pretty sure I'm just going to go to the store and get one, regardless of sales tax. The guy in a box truck down by the river probably doesn't have the brand I want anyway.

And it's a hell of a lot easier to cheat on income tax than it is to avoid a sales tax on new products. Let me know what tricks you have to avoid paying sales tax on new big-ticket items in Indiana.
    Just a point. Have you heard the people on here cry about pay sales tax when the on line stores were forced to charge it.
    but to your point t I agree.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Just a point. Have you heard the people on here cry about pay sales tax when the on line stores were forced to charge it.
    but to your point t I agree.
    True, but even more to my point against Jetta's, it was much easier to cheat on income tax by not telling Indiana about your out-of-state purchases at tax time when online purchases were tax-free. Not so easy now that everyone charges sales tax. I didn't see any black markets popping up.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Yup.

Trump got tax cuts under the guise of forthcoming spending cuts - that never materialized.

If you focus everything onto sales tax, then you're going to get a huge black market economy because of high incentives to cheat.
    Congress doid not want Trump to succeed. Spending cuts would have made him look much better than he already did. Instead, they created this pandemic to bring him to a standstill.

Incentives to cheat? As opposed to the current methods in place? Cheaters will continue to cheat, that's what they do best.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    It's more than effecting our tax system, it's killing our economy.

Under the table workers don't pay taxes, or report them accurately.
    Under the table workers get welfare based on their reported wages.
    Under the table workers get free medical care, based on income.
    Under the table workers get housing allowance based on income.
    Schooling subsidies, food stamps and many other social assistance.

They know how to manipulate the system to get medicare and social security. If born elsewhere, they can move back to their homeland (or wherever) and continue to receive these retirement benefits. I know this for a fact.

My taxes pay for this. My taxes are raised when budgets are not met.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Biden's next spending bill is for 4 trillion! At this rate of spending we will be handing over our paychecks and truly working for the government.
    Are any of you surprised.

He bought of what percentage of the country with a ridiculous $3200 on avg.
    Cheap. Gimmi free stuff.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The Rich Man couldn’t ask for “ice water”, because mechanical refrigeration was not available in Biblical times.
    Pretty sure they knew what ice was. I don't see anyone saying that it came from a Frigidaire.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

That's because it's just saving 7% ... increase that dramatically, and watch the unintended consequences.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Those I am referrying to are doing nothing to help our "social security". In this area, the Amish have work crews that travel all over the region to work construction jobs. Many of their "drivers" are Hispanic, since the Amish cannot drive or own the vehicles. They get paid in CASH. The Amish "taxi" drivers charge $100 per person for trips to Fort Wayne. They get paid in CASH. Are you starting to get it?
    We have an immigration system. Perfect, no but it is the law. The proper way to change that is through legislation, not making your first act an illegal one to enter.
    Liveable wage, by whose definition? Supposedly these people came from nothing, so what entitles them to more than the homeless veteran on the street or the child in the large metro area that doesn't eat unless they get meals from the schools?
    That's why I used quotation marks.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    An additional problem is the IRS budget for enforcement is going up, and this will increase the likelihood that you'll get hit with a random audit. Paperwork requirements will also likely increase for many of us. https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/03/like-the-irs-then-youll-love-elizabeth-warrens-new-tax-bill/
    Warren can ... well, take a long walk off a short dock.

I didn't see anything about "random audits" in there, or paperwork.

Again, it's another bandaid on an overly complex system.

As to an audit, it's a secret little dream of mine. But I'm messed up like like that - I've done near seventy 1040's this year.

Top Bottom