• ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I just wanted to share this.

So I’ve been on a soul searching journey as of late. Trying to reconnect with my native roots at the same time. I just wanted to share a gift I received on Friday. Along with a gift of tabaco, a generational Navajo medicine woman also gifted me her personal medicine rattle that has been using for ceremony for years, on the premise that it would be important for my journey. I’ve have been searching for the words to say in my awe. But anyways, I think there’s a couple in this group that might see the significance in this. Also, upon further inspection, my wife found a special detail I didn’t notice.

Attachments

• E587DE68-5DB2-40FD-AA5A-652BFE8599C1.jpeg
      E587DE68-5DB2-40FD-AA5A-652BFE8599C1.jpeg
      692.6 KB · Views: 58
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      511.5 KB · Views: 59

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    That is fabulous, and authentic (rare), cookie. What a gift !!! :wow:
    Yea, you were actually one of the first I thought of when posting this.

I am planning a trip to Sedona maybe in march or April to take the next step forward. I have also been invited to partake in ceremony next month in preparation. The Navajo are not my ancestors but they are similar to mine. Not only that but I have received nothing but open hearts from them.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Yea, you were actually one of the first I thought of when posting this.

I am planning a trip to Sedona maybe in march or April to take the next step forward. I have also been invited to partake in ceremony next month in preparation. The Navajo are not my ancestors but they are similar to mine. Not only that but I have received nothing but open hearts from them.

I have photographed, drummed, and danced in the sacred dance circle with the Navajo. (and other tribes)
    The Navajo in particular, have been an inspiration to me.

IMG_8340-XL.jpg

IMG_8374-XL.jpg

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I have photographed, drummed, and danced in the sacred dance circle with the Navajo. (and other tribes)
    The Navajo in particular, have been an inspiration to me.

IMG_8340-XL.jpg

IMG_8374-XL.jpg
    Why did I not just assume this already?! You sir are a well walked man. I was debating taking my camera with, but im thinking I need to experience it in the presence. This is something I am trying to do more of. But that second picture is something to behold. Absolutely stunning.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Why did I not just assume this already?! You sir are a well walked man. I was debating taking my camera with, but im thinking I need to experience it in the presence. This is something I am trying to do more of. But that second picture is something to behold. Absolutely stunning.

Before pulling out a camera, you have to gain their trust..... but I'm sure that you would. :)

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    That is outstanding! You earned her trust, confidence, and respect
    It was my first time working with her. I hope she saw something in me that im trying to find. It was extreme validation for my journey... also, as a side note. Before I left, she told me I had lots of guns... I tried to keep a straight face, she followed up with, good. I have 2. They are good to have. Then we said our good byes.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You are correct. Follow your heart. There will be plenty of opportunities for photos later on down the line.

Congrats on the trust you have earned.

Top Bottom