Ammunition Shortages and the Department of Homeland Security - Congress Reports.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BPNovum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Houston Texas USA
    Congressman Blake Farenthold (R-TX) said, "Several people have contacted my office with concerns about media reports that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is purchasing large quantities of ammunition rounds-- some have even said the number purchased is in the billions.

Like you, I was extremely alarmed by these claims. These reports raise many questions – but the most glaring to me is why would DHS need such a high volume of ammunition? My colleagues and I have been actively investigating DHS to get this answer, among others, on its seemingly excessive purchase. Here is an update on our latest findings:"

Ammunition Shortages and the Department of Homeland Security | Texas GOP Vote

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How dare you inject actual information and reason into this discussion. I will expect your resignation from INGO forthwith!

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    That is a lot of numbers but no explanation. They used 20 mill last year for training and have enough in stock to do that training for another 13 years before running low. So why are they buying so many more? :xmad: ridiculous

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    If the DHS is being investigated, even unofficially, then doesn't it seem odd to accept a story that the DHS themselves published without any further follow-up investigation by any other agency? They can say whatever they want. The track record of the current is not one of transparency and honesty. Why believe any of it? :dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I still want to know what detention center to report to when they start rounding us up. No one has gotten back to me yet.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    That is a lot of numbers but no explanation. They used 20 mill last year for training and have enough in stock to do that training for another 13 years before running low. So why are they buying so many more? :xmad: ridiculous
    That is a good question, even if you believe the numbers.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    If the DHS is being investigated, even unofficially, then doesn't it seem odd to accept a story that the DHS themselves published without any further follow-up investigation by any other agency? They can say whatever they want. The track record of the current is not one of transparency and honesty. Why believe any of it? :dunno:

Let me respond with a quote....

How dare you inject actual information and reason into this discussion. I will expect your resignation from INGO forthwith!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Mark Keefe had an article about this very subject in the latest NRA American Rifleman magazine. His point was, there's no way the DHS is cornering the market on LRN .22LR or other ammo.

In the immortal words of Pogo, "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Top Bottom