• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I don't know how many of you know this but you can add other people to your prime account. So you could get a group together and split the cost and it is even cheaper.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wow. Looks like an overwhelming support for Prime. I have a relative that subscribes and I use his account to get the free shipping. I hadn't considered any of the other stuff as the streaming and data stuff won't work for me. (stupid satellite-data-limited-Internet-plan and all)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I love Amazon Prime. Pays for itself, easily, in shipping. We did 90% of our Christmas shopping via Amazon, and are slowly doing more of our conventional shopping that way, as well.

Also, as one who travels constantly for work, the access to Prime Video and Audio is invaluable.

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    I don't know how many of you know this but you can add other people to your prime account. So you could get a group together and split the cost and it is even cheaper.

With this do the people added have access to your account? Meaning can they order under my name, see what I have ordered, use my points etc?

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    With this do the people added have access to your account? Meaning can they order under my name, see what I have ordered, use my points etc?

No. They can simply use the shipping benefits on their own account.

The video, music, storage, etc. isn't shared unless they log in as you.

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    No. They can simply use the shipping benefits on their own account.

The video, music, storage, etc. isn't shared unless they log in as you.

Hmm. Could be a good way to split the cost with my brother who is in another state. I'll have to check into a bit more I guess. Thanks for the info.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I have something delivered almost weekly, so it is phenomenal to get free shipping and Amazon's already competitive prices.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    We just got Prime back in November and I think I'm already hooked. The video and music are nice, but sitting bored at a bad country music concert, then deciding to check Amazon for a holster for a S&W 66, ordering it with the upgrade next day shipping and then finding it on your doorstep at 10am the next morning is priceless. Even with the nominal fee to upgrade to next day delivery, it still cost less than at MidwayUSA, Brownells or the LGS. I've used the heck out of it at Christmas. Our local UPS guy was here daily for a little while dropping this and that off.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I order stuff from Amazon daily, if not multiple times a day. It' hard to beat ordering something at 9PM and usually having it on your doorstep at about 9AM without having to leave the fortress for anything.

I've pretty much gotten to the point where I don't like to even go to the store since I'd have to see people (plus the stores never seem to have exactly what I want), so I buy pretty much everything on Amazon.

You have to watch the prices, where the products ship from (company), and really be aware of fakes for a lot of name brands (Lifeproof for one). If you do a bit of research before you buy, Amazon is great.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Thanks everyone for the info. It appears it is more than just faster shipping. I'll talk to my wife and see about signing up. Do they run promos on the subscription ever?

I haven't read the whole thread, but it's definitely much more than just free shipping...

Prime Music on my phone...access to many albums/songs for no additional card... for artists who don't participate, if you've ever bought the music on Amazon, you get access to that digitally... I have digital access to a CD purchased in 2004...

Prime Video... TV shows, cool documentaries, movies...

Free two day, one day... just got free same day last week... ordered at 3:00... package at door by 8 PM.

With as much as we order from Amazon (especially specialty foods), prime is a huge bargain at $99/year, especially since their prices, even after sales tax, are hard to beat.

As far as deals, they used to have "clubs", where you would get free Prime membership for, say, 6 months if you bought so much from a certain category... we did mom's club (think diapers, formula, etc.)... they extended the free Prime out to 13 months, one month at a time if you continue to buy in that category.

We've been Prime members since 2008, and every time since that I've been asked whether it's worth it (even before the vids and music), my answer has been a resounding "not just yes, but hell yes".

Also, look into "Subscribe and Save"... discounts for purchasing items on subscription... the period can be adjusted, and you can cancel at any time. They will send reminder E-mails w/ plenty of lead time to postpone/cancel the subscription.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So have I missed the post from the inspiration for this thread? If it was so bad, I would have expected him to elaborate on his comments in the other thread. I even gave him a direct invite to make sure he knew we were here, but no dice. :dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Help me out here guys. I mentioned what was being discussed here, with my wife (subscribing to household items, etc.) and she had me look up some things. Almost every one of the things we looked up (a few grocery items, laundry stuff, and paper products) she said seemed higher than what she's paying. What sorts of things are you all buying that's cheaper than Sam's Club and Walmart?

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    What sorts of things are you all buying that's cheaper than Sam's Club and Walmart?

Razor cartridges for one. And I don't want to hear from anyone about Dollar Shave Club; their razors new are about like 3 week old Gilette.

It's a 30 minute drive for me to a Super Walmart, and it's right at an hour to Sam's. Unless I'm buying a lot, most places beat that drive.

I count time saved as well. If you spend an hour to save $4, you are working for less than minimum wage.

Top Bottom