• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    It appears the attraction is the fast, free shipping since you can get free shipping on orders over $35. It just takes longer. I am patient and don't mind waiting for 3-7 days to get what I have ordered.

I don't do Netflix or any other TV viewing like that. I am still in the stone age of just having cable TV.

Is there other benefits that might sway me to buy a Prime membership?

Prime Music is nice, there are a ton of albums you can stream online for free.

Prime Lending Library, you can borrow one free Kindle book a month.

Compared to the cost of Netflix you're actually getting a ton even paying the full amount. I started out at the half-price Prime student but it's definitely worth the $100 a year.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    We had it for the last 3 years...if you already order a lot from amazon, it's worth it....if you want to stream any of the movies they offer, it's worth it....

If you want to do both, it's double worth it.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Also, depending when you place the order, you can next day it for $3.99

Where else can you next day for 3.99?

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    It appears the attraction is the fast, free shipping since you can get free shipping on orders over $35. It just takes longer. I am patient and don't mind waiting for 3-7 days to get what I have ordered.

I don't do Netflix or any other TV viewing like that. I am still in the stone age of just having cable TV.

Once you get it, you can cut the cable cord and save some money as well.

The prime Music selection is nice, especially the stations. Like Pandora without the incessant commercial breaks.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

The fast shipping prompts me to buy things that I would otherwise go out and shop for. Everyday household stuff. It's now second nature to go to Amazon instead of town. The icing on the cake is checking product reviews, since I'm right there anyway. Oh yes, I also highlight and Google search most purchases to verify Amazon is the best deal.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They also have "Amazon Pantry" now, which you can put in foods and home products that you regularly buy, and "subscribe" to them. They'll be delivered regularly at a certain discount. So things like deodorant, shampoo, mixed nuts, snacks...

You can also get credit toward Amazon Pantry by opting for slower shipping on regular Amazon items.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thanks everyone for the info. It appears it is more than just faster shipping. I'll talk to my wife and see about signing up. Do they run promos on the subscription ever?

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Ok so I have Prime. Some of the items do cost a few dollars more. I have found, though, that with my usage... It is well worth the cost vs savings. Their shipping is top notch and I have never had damaged packages.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I have had Prime as a student for the last 4 years. I use the music, movies, and of course the free two day shipping. I have purchased some pretty big items, from bicycles to TVs and had it in two days for free. When I graduate in the spring I still plan on keeping it. I ave seen a few deals where you can get Prime at a discounted price. I don't live in Indy so I am not able to take advantage of the Now service.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Free cloud photo storage, lots of music, decent movie selection, free shipping and charitable donations. It's well worth $100 a year. That's not including the gas I save driving store to store trying to find what I want or dealing with some d-bag on eBay. Plus a lot of the stuff I buy goes on sale and I end up saving a lot off of retail.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    They gave me a year free when I signed up for the Amazon Prime credit card. While it is nice it's not worth $100 to me. I just don't order enough stuff from them. I won't renew it after my free year.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's easily worth the price if it saves me from having to go to Walmart. The only person I have to deal with is the person delivering the package(s) and to me, that's just this side of priceless. No screaming kids, rude parents, abandoned carts, standing in lines or parking.

Yeah....worth the price of admission all day long.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    It's easily worth the price if it saves me from having to go to Walmart. The only person I have to deal with is the person delivering the package(s) and to me, that's just this side of priceless. No screaming kids, rude parents, abandoned carts, standing in lines or parking.

Yeah....worth the price of admission all day long.

What he said.....-Jason

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    First got it in Sept. when I caught in on a special they were running for about 1/3 off. Pretty happy at that price point, don't think I will re-new at full price. Personally I think the selection on prime video is pretty weak. Netflix is sooooo much better.
    Netflix gives you NOTHING extra for nearly the same money. If you go Prime for nothing but video, that's one thing, but...

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Just for the free shipping and "add on" opportunities, its paid for itself in each of the last 3 years I've had it.

There are crazy stupid additional things you get for free as well, that I'm always getting surprised with...
    Music
    Books
    Cloud storage...
    Movies...

The cool stuff never ends!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I also like the "recommended for you" part, I've read books, and bought useful things I never would have purchased or thought of otherwise!

Top Bottom