already have an AR-15, so who cares if they ban them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    I already have one with hi cap mags and reload 223, so if they ban them I don`t care, plus I see so many out there for sale on line and at gun shows, how could banning them have any effect?
    That’s nice for you. Kind of screws over all the people who don’t, or like my case with the Hughes amendment, aren’t even born yet that will be f**ked out of ever being able to get their hands on something when the prices inevitably explode, if they are even legally transferable. People like you are no better than gun grabbers.

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    wow, a bunch of paranoid people out there, anyway to clarify the most they will do is ban the sale of assault rifle, and all us older guys that went thru the last ban know how it works, they will define what an assault rifle is and ban those features like pistol grips etc, anyway, like last time there are ways to find a loop hole and the ban will be worthless, just like last time. so, who cares, its just a way of getting votes for looking like they are doing something
    I’d rather not have ugly anti-ergonomic gimped rifles. I’m just thankful they put a sunset clause on the original one. They wouldn’t make the same “mistake” this time as well as knowing what else they would need to do after learning from the last ban. There shouldn’t have to be a never ending list of “work arounds” and “loopholes” for a constitutional right.

garni

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2018
    New Albany
    I already have one with hi cap mags and reload 223, so if they ban them I don`t care, plus I see so many out there for sale on line and at gun shows, how could banning them have any effect?
    Everything that is banned is another chip at our rights. Every single one.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Where in "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" does it make exceptions for felons?

Also, per the person being called the president stating that the second amendment is not absolute, let us take it to the first as well. SHUT DOWN THIS WEBSITE! At the writing of the constitution, hand written notes were delivered usually by foot or horseback, so internet, cell phones, and any electronic transmission could also be denied if the second amendment supposedly (which it does not) only apply to weapons at the time of it's writing.

There, now to pour the bourbon. Hey they tried to ban that and look what happened!!!
    I think you missed the point. I don't believe that there should be any exception for felons, and never implied that. That's a whole separate subject.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    If they're too dangerous to be in society, then they shouldn't be in society. Simple as that really. If they've served their time, including any parole, then they should be free to defend themselves. Don't want them to do that? Then keep them in prison or execute them.
    ^^^ What he said...

Plus, there is a long list of "felonies" that have nothing to do with violence or being a danger to others. If the creatures behind this current attack on gun owners gets their way, the mere possession of a magazine with more than X capacity will make YOU or ME a felon. The fact that came with the gun from the factory, or you obtained it legally, won't matter. THAT is the point.

Last edited:

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    If 'we the people' allow 'them the government' to write unjust and irrational laws, then we invite them to do unjust and irrational acts.

It's almost certain that, given time, devious minds will twist the words, and these acts will go far beyond even what was imagined when written. We will cry "That's not right!" and they will smirk and yell back "That's the law! We're a nation of laws!!" They win! This isn't a theory, it's a truth demonstrated over and over again.

See something, Say something. I see evil at work, and bad intentions FAR beyond the current talking points.

F**k Nike - JUST DON'T DO IT!

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Can we decide as a group that we need common sense gun control reform? Silencers should be deregulated, and firearms safety courses, with life fire portions, should become required to graduate an american highschool. This would lead to individuals who are safer with guns, and hopefully less careless death, and more armed good guys to defend against evil.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Can we decide as a group that we need common sense gun control reform? Silencers should be deregulated, and firearms safety courses, with life fire portions, should become required to graduate an american highschool. This would lead to individuals who are safer with guns, and hopefully less careless death, and more armed good guys to defend against evil.
    So my eight year old won’t be allowed to shoot my .22 until after graduating high school? I’ll agree, suppressor’s shouldn’t be regulated, however, requiring firearms training is still violating the 2nd Amendment. Want kids to be safe and respect firearms and life, teach them that, that’s the parents job, not the schools.

Top Bottom